a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Old Bear Whitetail Hunter Bow

Old Bear Whitetail Hunter Bow

I recently bought a Bear Whitetail Hunter for $10 at an archery shop. I bought it for nostalgic reasons since it's the model of the first compound bow I owned. It's really in pretty good shape; limbs are like new, original string in good shape, etc. Some signs of rust on the nuts and bolts but that will clean up.

I found 4 old Micro Flight fiberglass shafts that spined out fine for 60# so I fletched them up. I want to kill a dear with this old bow this fall but have one dilemma. The draw length is somewhere in the 30" range and I have a 27" draw now (used to be 30" just like everyone else's in 1975 )

I tried short-stringing it but that didn't work. It shortened the draw somewhat but made the bow almost unbearable to shoot.

Does anyone know if I could disassemble it and shorten or lengthen one or both of the steel cables to get a shorter DL?

Any other ideas? I am thinking I might have to shoot it at partial draw like a recurve.

You young people will never know the satisfaction of slamming down a receiver on a rotary phone

Kind of what it is is what it is.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

if there is not 3 groves in the cam for draw length adjustment, or a round disc with 4 groves in the yoke, than what you have is what you got