Thread: Reflex bows ,are they still being made ?

westcentral Iowa,Manning (was born here )

Question Reflex bows ,are they still being made ?

Was at their site ,and it looks that Hoyt is still making them as the date at the bottom is 2010.

Does anyone here know for sure ?
    Member of WRAC

Proud owner and shooter of one of the original Jennings Buckmaster bows !

No, Hoyt has done away with the Reflex line.
    WTB 27.5" mission eliminator cam.

Technically, the Powerhawk and TurboHawk replaced the Reflex line of bows. Magnesium risers help keep the cost down.

It was funny, a couple of years ago, the Reflex Ridgeline was actually independantly tested as being quieter than the Hoyt Katera. Not nearly as fast, but quieter.

The next year (2009 I think) Hoyt dropped the reflex name and introduced the magnesium riser bows at the lower end of their line and introduced Flagship Alphamax, with the same basic limb pocket used on the Reflex the year before....sometimes designs dont work from the top down the line I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by speedway440 View Post
    Technically, the Powerhawk and TurboHawk replaced the Reflex line of bows. Magnesium risers help keep the cost down.

It was funny, a couple of years ago, the Reflex Ridgeline was actually independantly tested as being quieter than the Hoyt Katera.
    I think it's amusing the way many people looked down their nose at the Reflex line. Then when it went away and the HOYT hawk series was introduced.......... I just have to chuckle about it sometimes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Was at their site ,and it looks that Hoyt is still making them as the date at the bottom is 2010.

Does anyone here know for sure ?
    as stated they stop making them 3 or 4 years ago, maginsum risers have been around with hoyt since way before hoyt made the reflex bow. like in the old magnutec hoyt
    its just like PSE who made the AR bow they also droped that line many people like them also
    chuck adams shot the reflex bow for a long time till they droped it, no the turbo hawk did not take the place of reflex
    hoyt comes out with a new model every year or two, thats what keeps people up dateing

It's a shame. They were good, reliable bows and economically priced for what you got.

Reflex

I have a 2003 Hoyt reflex bow, and it still shoots great. I am going to get another bow here in the summer time, but as for the reflex it is going to be a great back up bow.

westcentral Iowa,Manning (was born here )
    Has anyone here gone to the Reflex bow site and checked or am I dreaming ?
    Member of WRAC

Proud owner and shooter of one of the original Jennings Buckmaster bows !

I'm not 100% positive, but the date you are receding to at the bottom of Reflex'S website is a copyright date. Meaning the Reflex name is placed there under a copyright. Not that they have new product for 2010. The sites catalog hasn't been updated since 2007
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter

I used to have Reflex Growler...nice bow....kinda wish I still had it

i know it is a shame i love the reflex rampage i have it is quiet and accurate i love it

I have a Reflex Buckskin that I still use for hunting. It is a great bow for the price. I think I got it in 2006.

I have a Reflex Ridgeline 34 I purchased in 09. Great bow. Quiet, fast enough for me. Well built. And I can outshoot all of my hunting partners with it. Granted I practice a lot more than them.

Still love my Highlander
    "Speeding arrow, sharp and narrow, What a lot of fleeting matters you have spurned..." - Robert Hunter

Reflex Highlander 60Lbs @ 28", Sims: Mini S-Coil, Alpha Shocks, String leaches.
    Bucknasty Custom 452X Strings, D-loop, Meta peep, ST Axis 400 w/Blazers @ 26.25" & 100gr heads.
    QAD ULTRA-REST HD, Judge release, Trophy Ridge G.S. Matrix Sight.