Thread: Peep Sight Sizing - question

Peep Sight Sizing - question

My Spot Hogg has a 2-3/8 inch diameter white ring on the housing.
    I am using a 3/16 inch black peep sight.

I believe that, ideally, the white aperture ring on the pin guard should fit just inside the peep sight hole so that the two are concentric...right?

Well, my 3/16" peep sight is a little small for that exactly. I mean the white pin guard ring is a little too big to fit inside my peep sight hole while aiming. SO, what I am basically doing instead is concentrically COVERING UP the white ring on the pin guard with my peep sight so that the white ring disappears. It is in this way that I am aligning and aiming.

QUESTION
    Is this a bad idea or a poor aiming technique? Should I go to a larger 1/4" peep so that I can SEE the white ring in my peep sight? What size peep are others using on their 2-3/8 inch Hoggs?

My bow is a 35" Maxxis, with a 29" draw.

Thanks for helping.

i have the same site. same size peep. i just went out and took a shot. you might check your anchor point. if your eye is too far away your peep will be inside the site ring. if your eye is too close your peep will be outside the site ring. i also have a 29" draw and on both my bows with the same peep/site setup work great. one bow is a 32" axle to axle and one a 36". or might you be a little short on DL possibly?
    "The Arrow is everything"
    "Never Give Up........Ever"
    "I Call, They Come, I Kill Them" Gregg Stevens
    "Not all Elk Encounters are Created Equal" Paul Medel aka ElkNut1
    "The Rockies are no place to find out you are not in shape" Trophyhill

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhill View Post
    i have the same site. same size peep. i just went out and took a shot. you might check your anchor point. if your eye is too far away your peep will be inside the site ring. if your eye is too close your peep will be outside the site ring. i also have a 29" draw and on both my bows with the same peep/site setup work great. one bow is a 32" axle to axle and one a 36". or might you be a little short on DL possibly?
    At full draw I put the tip of my nose on the string. Maybe my nose is big and that puts my eye further away from the peep than yours. ha ha, seriously. Also, I do not see how draw length would affect anything. With my tip of the nose on the string I'll always be pretty much the same distance from the peep.

No big expense in trying a 1/4". I'd rather see the ring than not.

Quote Originally Posted by lwnhz View Post
    At full draw I put the tip of my nose on the string. Maybe my nose is big and that puts my eye further away from the peep than yours. ha ha, seriously. Also, I do not see how draw length would affect anything. With my tip of the nose on the string I'll always be pretty much the same distance from the peep.
    i see your point. i was just thinkin out loud. sounds like your string is touching where it needs to be. i have noticed though that my site picture can change with the slightest tilt of my head one way or another.
    "The Arrow is everything"
    "Never Give Up........Ever"
    "I Call, They Come, I Kill Them" Gregg Stevens
    "Not all Elk Encounters are Created Equal" Paul Medel aka ElkNut1
    "The Rockies are no place to find out you are not in shape" Trophyhill

usefull info

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...?t=1198769just poted a thread simalar to this , mite help