Thread: Athens Pro/Field Staff???

Athens Pro/Field Staff???

How many Pro/Field staffers does Athens have?? I know there is a lot. But does anyone have a round number thats close? I havent shot an Athens so i dont know how they are...But id like to. Maybe all the Staffers here can shed some light on why they chose Athens and didnt get on any other Staff?? I also wonder what percentage of purchases come from buyers that are not staff? What was it about Athens that lead you to your choice?

Thanks in advance....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Strother
    I'm adding you to my slander, defamation of character lawsuit, I'm really tired of all the BS you and L-Train spread so you both will be added to the proceedings and named as a defendant.

Have a great one.

i think the round about number is 300 and that is national staff there are quite a few in other countries.

Why did i chose athens?
    *An awesome bow that not many people kneww about
    *A even better customer service to go behind and even better shooting bow
    *Wide variety of products: hunting and target bow, sight, quiver, string stop, rest, and the arc
    *It is the best bow that i have shot take it for what you want to because i am on their staff. But i work at a Bass pro in the archery department and i can get awesome deals on just about any bow that i could want to have and have shot just about everything on the market and have bows from many companies and i have been more than happy with my accomplice and my exceed.

Overall speed is awesome. Absolutely no hand shock after the shot. Very little noise after the shot. Great feeling bow overall had everything i was looking for.
    Xtreme Stabilization Pro Staff/Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter/Victory Archery Advisory Staff

Exceed 300 Orange/black
    Ibex All Black

Yup.. That about covers it.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter

I will tell you I am on the staff but if I wasn't I would still shoot an Athens . I have had over 20 high end bows in the last 2 years and the Athens fits ME the best. Everyone is different and has different tastes thats why their are so many bow companys out their. If you get a chance shoot one they are smooth,fast and everything on them is top quailty from the riser to the limbs and strings. Athens also takes customer input as good as any company out their and are always willing to help out. What more could you ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by FlCracker13 View Post
    I will tell you I am on the staff but if I wasn't I would still shoot an Athens . I have had over 20 high end bows in the last 2 years and the Athens fits ME the best. Everyone is different and has different tastes thats why their are so many bow companys out their. If you get a chance shoot one they are smooth,fast and everything on them is top quailty from the riser to the limbs and strings. Athens also takes customer input as good as any company out their and are always willing to help out. What more could you ask for.
    That is what it all comes down to, what works for you. And why not take a deal on it if it is what you like

i shot a athens about three weeks ago and its one of those bows that when you shoot it the first time ,you know you will have to have one. no im not a pro or staff shooter.just know a damn good bow when i shoot one.
    07 HOYT VECTRIX
    HHA 5500 OPTIMIZER SITE
    trophy taker rest /fuse axium stabilizer
    gold tip xt hunters/blazer vanes/g5 strikers/BUCKNASTY STRING AND CABLES-

I used to be on staff with one of the big bow companies, wont say which one /warp speed,lol/ and after I left them I swore I would never be on another bow staff. Then the chance to shoot for Athens came along and I took it. I have owned numerous bowtechs & elites and I wasnt a huge binary cam fan, but when I got my athens in that all changed. I love the feel of these bows & everything about them. Top quality parts, great machine work & just sweet shooting bows. Even if I wasnt on staff after shooting an athens I'd still be shooting their bows.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    ASAT Camo Hunting Staff

I has the chance to but my dad lost his job and i just didn't have enough money to get one.

I have shot my friends exceed 300 and it's so sweet!!
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Athens Accomplice 34, 28" 60-70
    Black Riser/Camo Limbs

I had never shot an Athens bow when I applied. I talked to a few people that I trusted their judgement and that was enougj for me. Once I got the bow and got it set up the way I like I was sure glad I made the right choice! There are a lot of great bows with great CS behind them but I'll have to put Athens in wiith the big boys. Its super quiet, speed is great and very smooth. If you wanna do a test, draw some bows and let them down. See how many has a violent jerk and how smooth the athens is.
    Samick Sage 25#
    DRT Broadheads by Dirt Nap Gear

Well, the Athens line caught my eye with it's machining, high quality components, and binary cams. Then I had a chance to shoot one at the IBO worlds last year. I knew at that point I had to put in an application even though I figured I had no chance since I'm 24 and basically just a hunter/backyard shooter. Then I got the good news, they gave a regular guy like me a chance. I love everything about my bow and hope to stay with Athens for a long time. Either way, if they keep things the way they are now, I'll definitely still be a supporter!

By the way, there's probably someone that would gladly let you check out there Athens, where are you located?
    ATHENS FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by 29innovator70 View Post
    Well, the Athens line caught my eye with it's machining, high quality components, and binary cams. Then I had a chance to shoot one at the IBO worlds last year. I knew at that point I had to put in an application even though I figured I had no chance since I'm 24 and basically just a hunter/backyard shooter. Then I got the good news, they gave a regular guy like me a chance. I love everything about my bow and hope to stay with Athens for a long time. Either way, if they keep things the way they are now, I'll definitely still be a supporter!

By the way, there's probably someone that would gladly let you check out there Athens, where are you located?
    Athens gave avaerage Joe archers a chance to represent their company. I am forever grateful for that. I hope to get to stay wit them for a long time.

Not much more I can add to what the rest of the guys have said. It seems that there are more Field Staff shooters than there really are because many tha applied from Archery Talk were ultimately accepted. 300 spread out over the world is a very small number. We have staff in Spain, Austraillia, France, and South Africa. What better people to have representig their company than the average archer that can get the bows in front of many many mnay more average archers.

Give the bows a shot and you may like them as well as we do. I really like the slaved dual cam setup and the EV2 system on the Athens is the silky smoothest example I've ever had the pleasure to use.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Non staffer here. I chose Athens because I wanted something different. Everyone shoots 'big name' bows, and honestly my Athens feels the best to me. It is ultra smooth with a solid wall that in my opinion is better than Rytera or Elite. If your in the market for a new bow, they are worth looking at.
    Athens Accomplice 34 black riser/camo limbs, 100 gr 4 blade Magnus Buzzcut, NAP Killzone, Victory V3, Posten Woodsman, Limbdriver

Athens

I had been watching Athens since they first showed up on the radar... they are not far from me so it was like working with a friend around the corner. I was passed up on the first 2 phases but as luck would have it I got the chance to join the Field Staff. I work for a bow shop and also have great deals offered to me on bows. I shoot everything available to me at the shop and I have to be honest, there are a few that are faster but as far as being a pleasure to shoot the Athens has them beat. I still have not gotten my staff bow yet but I did go purchase the Exceed. Set it up the day that I got it and shot a 300 and didnt do that with my previous bow all year. My draw is 27" and out of the box Im getting 290 fps. I think thats plenty for my needs. Shoot what feels good to you. But do yourself a favor, shoot one.
    Good luck with your choice.

I had never shot an Athens before I got on the Field Staff but I had met Jason about 2 years ago at the Kinsey Show and was impressed by both the product and the man! I sure am glad that I applied for the Staff because I love my Accomplce and Exceed, fast smooth, awesome machining and unbeleivable Customer Service. I am also happy to be a part of such a great company with such a great group of people that treats everyone like family!
    Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Slick Trick PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech / Team QAD PS

also just a reminder for everyone. make sure your signatures are 5 lines or less. dont get put in the corner !!
    Samick Sage 25#

Quote Originally Posted by BOHO View Post
    also just a reminder for everyone. make sure your signatures are 5 lines or less. dont get put in the corner !!
    Do we speaky from experiance????
    Posted via Mobile Device

I bought an Athens 34 after shooting one at the shop. This is a well made bow and a smooth shooter.

I bought my first Athens Accomplice 34 used here on AT. I absolutely fell in love with this bow. Athens is the first staff position i have ever applied for. I am very greatful for the opportunity they have given me. I plan on shooting Athens for a long time. They fit me better than any bow i have ever shot. I cant say enough about how good the customer service is. Im very happy to be part of the team.

wish i could try one but no local places sell them. the 34 looks great
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

Quote Originally Posted by cartman308 View Post
    Do we speaky from experiance????
    Posted via Mobile Device
    why yes we do!! I just like to spread the word to keep everyone else out of trouble.
    Samick Sage 25#

I guess you could say Athens choose me. I had never shot or even seen an Athens,like alot of the staff. However,they are a local company to me and I am happy to represent. I had 5 bows last year,and the Athens is still my favorite. Would I buy an Athens if I wasn't on staff? Absolutely. Machine work is amazing,smooth and FAST cams,Barnsdale limbs,high quality strings,lots of finish options,etc. I really don't think you can go wrong here
    Road Crew Pro Staff
    I shoot bows

I have the Accomplice 34 and it is the best bow I have shot. Plus they are made in Indiana. If anyone is close to hoopeston Ill they can pm me to stop by to shot my athens 29in draw 65lbs.
    Athens Field Staff

Last summer I was researching new bows and found the thread here on AT about Athens. I really liked the way the bows looked and was prepared to seek out a dealer to test one out. When Athens posted that they were looking for staffers, I applied. Luckily I was picked. The Accomplice has exceeded my expectations as well as the entire Athens organization. It is a great group to be a part of. It is great to be part of a new company. I firmly believe this company will be around for a very long time.
    Athens Recluse
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter www.athensarchery.com
    Sword/Sims/G5/Gold Tip/Trophy Taker.