Archery Talk Forum banner

AMS reel trouble

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  spec 
#1 ·
I know this should technically be in the bowfishing forum but I need help quick. I bought an AMS reel and have just used it the last couple of day and now its gotten REALLY hard to reel, I'm a pretty big guy and its all i can do to reel it in.
I think it has something to do with the big wheel inside the reel I can put teflon lube on the wheel and it gets easier but it wipes it of quick.
Anyone have any ideas or maybe point me in the right direction of someone that may know whats wrong with it?

#3 ·
I had a hard time at first with the AMS retriever but it turned out be fairly simple fix. You know the lever on the left side of the reel? Thats where my problem was, don't press it down all the way. If you hold down the lever all the way, then it is going to lock the line in place. You barely press the lever in and it should flow smoothly.

Mess around with it a little bit and figure out how much pressure to put on that lever but make sure your not cranking down on it. It will not work if there is to much pressure on the lever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.