Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowtech Warranty

Thumbs up Bowtech Warranty

These complaints about Bowtechs customer service absolutely astound me! After my personal dealings with the company, I'm left to believe its the dealer not handling things correctly. Diamond/Bowtech is incredibly easy and fast regarding warranty claims... its unreal. This is really getting ridicules. I would put them next to ANY company out there... Let me give you ONE example.

A customer's Ross Carnivore Y cable busted at full draw on one side of the yoke, causing a great deal of damage. Both limbs cracked, axle bent and so forth. I called Bowtech on our provided DIRECT number and immediately talked to a person.. no machine. I then ask to talk to someone in warranty. The person on the phone says they are on the other line at the moment, can I take your name and number and they will give you a call back. Less then 3 minutes later, the warranty department calls our archery departments phone. I explain what situation and condition of the bow. The person I'm talking to is very nice and offers to send the replacement parts. I tell them that the condition of the bow is pretty bad and that I would like to send it to them. The response is "sure no problem" and they provide me with an RA number and I'm good to go.

I send the bow off that Monday, and I kid you not, two weeks later the bow is back. The bow is like new, complete with new strings, just like it originally left the factory minus a few user scratches.

Needless to say the customer was happy.

Any little detail from parts to other warranty claims have been handled in a similar fashion, with absolute great customer service.

I don't even shoot a Bowtech and have no reason to say anything good about them besides the fact that they did what I said above.

Zzzz waste of space thread

Sure makes you wonder why all the negative post here lately doesn't it?
    Team OverKill
    Nightmare ProStaff
    Florida State
    2014 BCS National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by hidden danger View Post
    I think someone must have shot your dog with a Bowtech.

Here's your "Bowtech number 1 hater award!

Why does it bother you people so much what other people hate or love? A bow snaps in the wood.....why the hell should you care what kind it was? People have bad experience ONCE with a company and they swear them off, some have a great one time experience and they are fan boys for life.

I think you are right, 99% of the time it is "the dealer not handling things correctly"
    Which begs the question: why does BT have so many dealers not handling things correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by hidden danger View Post
    Yes it does.. Considering every part of there customer service we have dealt with has been great.

I must be the lucky store or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegb88 View Post
    These complaints about Bowtechs customer service absolutely astound me! After my personal dealings with the company, I'm left to believe its the dealer not handling things correctly. Diamond/Bowtech is incredibly easy and fast regarding warranty claims... its unreal. This is really getting ridicules. I would put them next to ANY company out there...
    I'm gonna give a bump to this thread cause I believe there are too many people who believe they can call the factory and have it done directly when they should be going to their locally authorized dealer... has nothing to do with Bowtech as a company in most instances... and the more guys who build bow presses to do work on their bows in their basements, the more warranty issues they will run across.

I think these complaints are arising as a result of people avoiding the local dealers cause they know they caused the problem and are trying to bypass the embarrasment of having screwed up their bow.
    Hmmm... 335fps with a 32" a-a bow with a 7"bh? Tha's a smokin'! I won't complain for getting 342 out of it either! Bowtech Experience!
    TOP OF UTAH ARCHERY - Dealer for Bowtech, Diamond, PSEPro and Mainline, MATHEWS & MISSION (new) Martin, Rytera, Alpine, Bear, Parker, Browning, and a few more... Looking for something special? Let's deal!

I don't understand all the negative posts also. After my first Guardian blew up I had a brand new one in about a week and half. I wasn't the original owner either but for some reason there were no questions asked. Other than the bow blowing up at full draw and a few scratches, I have yet to have another problem with Bowtech. They just like their bow have been great.

theres always two sides to every story,and I guarantee if an issue is posted on this forum and it seems to make you a skeptic,guess what?And I'm not jumping on any Bandwagon but trials and tribulations has proven these powerhouse companies,so there is merit in how they handle things but not so much in the shooters hands or Tom,Dick,and Harry's pro shop.JMO

I'll chime in here for a second. I'm not a BT fanboy by any means but I have owned a couple. I have personally called BT customer service twice, once about 2yrs ago and the other time was a couple of days ago. Both times I spoke with very friendly knowledgeable people. They answered my questions and honored their product when needed.

Granted I have not had a catastrophic failure of limbs, cams, etc but I was very impressed that they did warranty a set of string/cables that wore excessively after less than a 100 hundred shots and it's clearly stated that string/cables are not covered under warranty. I did have to go through a dealer to get the service but I had it all arranged before even walking in the door.

IMO either people have bad dealers unwilling to work with them or when they contact BT they call when they are upset with an attitude and it goes downhill from there.

I can say that as a consumer when I have called Mathews to ask a question I am 0/2 with friendly service and when having called Hoyt I'm about 50/50. Bowtech and Athens are 100% in my book for dealing with non-dealers.

I've never called a manufacturer, not even once.
    Any warranty work needed was handled in a very satisfactory manner by the dealer.
    Why is it archers feel justified in calling the manufacturer directly and then get upset when told to go through the dealer.
    I can't think of any other item I would purchase and expect to contact the manufacturer if something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy dart View Post
    Any warranty work needed was handled in a very satisfactory manner by the dealer.
    Why is it archers feel justified in calling the manufacturer directly and then get upset when told to go through the dealer.
    I can't think of any other item I would purchase and expect to contact the manufacturer if something goes wrong.
    +1, agree 100%.
    Jason Smith

Back yard professional and hunter of bone.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy dart View Post
    I guess you've never made a mistake and bought something from the only dealer available for 85 miles to later learn that after he got your sale and your money, that his service sucked. Happened to me. Took bow in for him to look at and he said it's normal and not to worry about it. I knew better. Called BT direct, and they were great. I e-mailed them pics at THEIR request and they said to have the dealer call them. I told them I won't go back to him and they said that's fine and I went to another very good dealer 1.5hr away and he took care if it all. That's the reason I hate protected territories FYI also. My Hoyt/Mathews dealer who has great service can't get BT for that reason. I guess I could have just taken the dealers word about it and then got on here and said how much BT's customer service sucks. It's the deal and not BT that sucked.

Hmmm....lets see. I called Dodge when I had a warranty issue in January. The dealership was simply following their guidlelines on the work to be done but it wasn't enough. I paid what the dealer said I owed and a funny thing happened....Dodge sent me a check to cover my out of pocket because they understood that there are exceptions to the black and white warranty guidelines.

It's called customer service. Last I checked I can also call Vortex direct if I had a warranty issue. The same applied to a question I had about my Spot Hogg sight. I called them for technical advice on an issue I was having and they told me to go ahead and send it in. Gee, I don't know why anyone would call a manufacturer about anything I'd much rather drive 1hr round trip to a dealer when I can get it done on the phone right now.

You asked

Quote Originally Posted by flintcreek6412 View Post
    I guess you've never made a mistake and bought something from the only dealer available for 85 miles to later learn that after he got your sale and your money, that his service sucked. Happened to me. Took bow in for him to look at and he said it's normal and not to worry about it. I knew better. Called BT direct, and they were great. I e-mailed them pics at THEIR request and they said to have the dealer call them. I told them I won't go back to him and they said that's fine and I went to another very good dealer 1.5hr away and he took care if it all. That's the reason I hate protected territories FYI also. My Hoyt/Mathews dealer who has great service can't get BT for that reason. I guess I could have just taken the dealers word about it and then got on here and said how much BT's customer service sucks. It's the deal and not BT that sucked.

Hmmm....lets see. I called Dodge when I had a warranty issue in January. The dealership was simply following their guidlelines on the work to be done but it wasn't enough. I paid what the dealer said I owed and a funny thing happened....Dodge sent me a check to cover my out of pocket because they understood that there are exceptions to the black and white warranty guidelines.

It's called customer service. Last I checked I can also call Vortex direct if I had a warranty issue. The same applied to a question I had about my Spot Hogg sight. I called them for technical advice on an issue I was having and they told me to go ahead and send it in. Gee, I don't know why anyone would call a manufacturer about anything I'd much rather drive 1hr round trip to a dealer when I can get it done on the phone right now.

You asked

Oh Dodge wouldn't fly someone out to you and personally fix your vechicle. You had to actually take it to a DEALER that is horrible customer service. That is why I will never buy a Dodge. I am not trying to rip on you just some peope (not you) don't understand were to start the process.

These bowtech customer service thread seem to have 1 thing in common they were working on thier own bows screwed something up and come here to complain. At least that is my take

I bought a brand new BT in Jan 2010; it had a failure during setup. Tried going through the local importer with no success (approx 310miles one way and only a mail order business, no shop front).

It has now been 4 months and 2 days since I started trying to get the bow repaired, up until this bow I have never had to contact a manufacture directly to have a bow repaired or to get parts (running and indoor range, an outdoor 3D range / target range and coaching I see and repair a lot of bow failures).

I have chimed in on a couple of BT threads mainly because I am not that happy about the whole situation. Once I contacted BT directly I though my problem were over, it has been over 2+ months since I contacted BT and I am still waiting on a $7 special washer.

They have said all the correct things but have not followed through with any action, I still do not have a fully functional bow with genuine parts, I finally machined my own washer a couple of weeks ago and have started tuning the bow but in all honestly my heart is no longer in it (it will probably not be covered by warranty now).

When I contacted the BT warranty department they said they would do everything they could to get me up and shooting again as quickly as possible. They have never told me this would not be covered by warranty, for this I give them a.

I still like BT and have recommended them and their bows to other people since this all started. I have hardly picked up my other bow since this all started and I am a little depressed with the whole situation.

I still find it difficult to understand in this day and age why I can by a new bow and have it on my doorstep in 5-7 days, but I am at the mercy of local suppliers for parts when needed. BT has tried to help but at the end of the day it has been 4+ months and I am still waiting.
    As Archers We Are One

Quote Originally Posted by nwmn View Post
    These bowtech customer service thread seem to have 1 thing in common they were working on thier own bows screwed something up and come here to complain. At least that is my take
    I did not realize that when you own a bow that you are not allowed to work on them yourself. We come on here to vent a little and to get helpful advice, what do you offer?
    As Archers We Are One

Quote Originally Posted by flintcreek6412 View Post

You asked
    There are exceptions to the rule.

As I said.. It just puzzles me that people have problems with their customer service.

I can GUARANTEE you that if you brought you Diamond bow in to my shop for any kind of warranty repair that you would be completely satisfied.

I guess this only goes for my shop?

hey rock steady the bowtech importers shop is a mess they have stock but cant find it ask about some items and was told to keep ringing every week until they find the item and will have to wait 4 weeks for a rest. f that i will get parts from the states in less than a week and also cheaper .ps i realy like to keep my money in my country but if i get s--t service i will go somewheare else . but with warranty he has us over a barrel as he wont warrant bows not souced though him eg brough from hunters freind though the boony progam
    82nd airborne68lb 30inch 458gn goldtip xt `298fps

Quote Originally Posted by Upa View Post
    Zzzz waste of space thread
    Yet you wasted more space posting on it.
    Bow "Subject to change without notice"

I have had great customer service with them with warranty work, and I also had a really bad problem with my bowtech dealer and Bowtech contacted me by phone not emails to talk about this dealer and what they bowtech can do for me since I'll never step foot in that dealer place again!! They gave me options to order a new bow so I wouldn't have to deal with that dealer. Plus when they called me by phone that showed me how much they do care about a single person. they could of just sent a email or sent or said nothing but I was called. that makes me happy and proud to shoot bowtech.
    2014 BT RPM 50lbs for wife 378 grain arrow 271 fps and 42 fps faster then her elite.
    2013 Hoyt spyder LD specs to come.
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    SZ 350

I have to agree theres an awful lot of Bow bashing in general. But I get sick of hearing this "Bowtech is going to blow up" or "Bowtech has bad CS" or "Don't shoot Bowtech, they are having a pile of issues", etc.

I have seen just as many threads on here about most other companies having issues as I have Bowtech. Yet every time the fanboys come out it's the first thing they start yapping about. They should just face the facts, Bowtech makes bows just as good as any other company, thier CS is just as good, and thier problems are no more than any other manufacturer. My next bow is going to be a Bowtech, because the bow fit me better than any I shot. I did'nt let the bad hype sway me on here, now I have a great bow. So I challenge anyone who has thought about buying a Bowtech, then read some of the bad fanboy hype on here and have kinda got away from trying one out, to go try one. You may just find that everything you read is'nt always the truth. If I would have let this forum sway me, I would have not found the bow that was made for me. D340 baby!!!! To the "other" fanboys... If you must call me a fanboy, then go ahead. You are making an accurate assessment this time, unlike the assessments you guys have been making on Bowtech bows. Good shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_Va. View Post
    I have to agree theres an awful lot of Bow bashing in general. But I get sick of hearing this "Bowtech is going to blow up" or "Bowtech has bad CS" or "Don't shoot Bowtech, they are having a pile of issues", etc.

I have seen just as many threads on here about most other companies having issues as I have Bowtech. Yet every time the fanboys come out it's the first thing they start yapping about. They should just face the facts, Bowtech makes bows just as good as any other company, thier CS is just as good, and thier problems are no more than any other manufacturer. My next bow is going to be a Bowtech, because the bow fit me better than any I shot. I did'nt let the bad hype sway me on here, now I have a great bow. So I challenge anyone who has thought about buying a Bowtech, then read some of the bad fanboy hype on here and have kinda got away from trying one out, to go try one. You may just find that everything you read is'nt always the truth. If I would have let this forum sway me, I would have not found the bow that was made for me. D340 baby!!!! To the "other" fanboys... If you must call me a fanboy, then go ahead. You are making an accurate assessment this time, unlike the assessments you guys have been making on Bowtech bows. Good shooting.
    I believe you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by srgwheeler View Post
    hey rock steady the bowtech importers shop is a mess they have stock but cant find it ask about some items and was told to keep ringing every week until they find the item and will have to wait 4 weeks for a rest. f that i will get parts from the states in less than a week and also cheaper .ps i realy like to keep my money in my country but if i get s--t service i will go somewheare else . but with warranty he has us over a barrel as he wont warrant bows not souced though him eg brough from hunters freind though the boony progam
    I bought the bow off him so warranty should not have been an issue, I would have gotten better service through HF even with me paying freight. When I rang him about the failure he recommended I go to the AT forum and make a big stink that way BT would replace the bow(and BT still have him as their primary importer??). From that moment on I have not wanted to deal with him again and have tried to solve the problem through other channels but 4+ months is trying even my patience, I would much rather be shooting the bow then going through all these hoops just to get the parts I need.

The treatment I have gotten from the BT CSI Death Squad on AT did more to turn me off BT then just about anything else in this long saga. It was only the help and advice from decent AT members that restored my faith that there are still honest decent people in the world.

I spent the last couple of hours out at the range shooting the bow to get the feel for it and I must admit it is growing on me, grouping large dinner plates at 90m .

Now I need to buy some new bits to bolt onto it whilst I wait for the genuine parts to arrive and then I can give it a full tune and reduce that group size.
    As Archers We Are One

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast