a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Jim Burnworth's Release?

Jim Burnworth's Release?

Was watching Western Extremes the other day and it's been bothering me ever since, I saw the release Jim was using and I've visited all the major release brand websites and googled it and can't seem to find it. It's a hand held release that is attached to a wrist strap. It looked like it had a trigger where your index finger would rest, and he squeezed it before he started his draw. At full draw, it looked it he let off the trigger and pulled through the shot, no rotating or moving of the wrist. Almost like a Carter Squeeze Me or Back Strap. Anyone know?

Rytera Alien X Carbon Riser Carbon Limbs 64# 27.5"
    Sword Apex 3rd Plane Micro Sight, QAD HD
    Posten Slimm Jimm, Tru Ball HT3

HTM inline release.

htm inline

X2 on yhe htm I have been wanting to try one of these myself but I have never seen anyone shooting or seen one in a archery shop may have to bite the bullet and just buy one anybody have any feedback on it
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

I've got one and have been working with it for the past couple weeks. I am having a hard time but I think it is because I have always shot caliper. It is very well built and a solid shooter. Trigger pull is very adjustable and when held right you are pulling it with the fatty part of your finger and it is hard to know exactly when it is going of. The trigger is not held down until you pull it to fire though.From what I have seen of Jim shooting he holds his finger strait out until settling in for the shot. I would recommend this release as I think it has improved my shooting and will more once I fully get used to it.

you pull with 2nd and 3rd finger along with wrist strap, get to full draw, wrap pointer finger around trigger and pull with back tension.. the release will pivot from the two fingers rotating release causing pointer to pull trigger and release arrow causing suprise release.....
    Hoyt Nitrum Turbo
    Ripcord Code Red
    Black Gold Accent Ambush
    Dead Center Stabilizer's
    No Limit Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by AlienX View Post
    Was watching Western Extremes the other day and it's been bothering me ever since, I saw the release Jim was using and I've visited all the major release brand websites and googled it and can't seem to find it. It's a hand held release that is attached to a wrist strap. It looked like it had a trigger where your index finger would rest, and he squeezed it before he started his draw. At full draw, it looked it he let off the trigger and pulled through the shot, no rotating or moving of the wrist. Almost like a Carter Squeeze Me or Back Strap. Anyone know?
    I think its called the "HAM". At least thats what it should be called with him shooting it. LOL!

I have one (HTM inline release). I messed with about a zillion releases, but finally have been shooting this one for a while now. It is a very nice release.