Archery Talk Forum banner

Jim Burnworth's Release?

13K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bow_hunter44 
#1 ·
Was watching Western Extremes the other day and it's been bothering me ever since, I saw the release Jim was using and I've visited all the major release brand websites and googled it and can't seem to find it. It's a hand held release that is attached to a wrist strap. It looked like it had a trigger where your index finger would rest, and he squeezed it before he started his draw. At full draw, it looked it he let off the trigger and pulled through the shot, no rotating or moving of the wrist. Almost like a Carter Squeeze Me or Back Strap. Anyone know?

#4 ·
I've got one and have been working with it for the past couple weeks. I am having a hard time but I think it is because I have always shot caliper. It is very well built and a solid shooter. Trigger pull is very adjustable and when held right you are pulling it with the fatty part of your finger and it is hard to know exactly when it is going of. The trigger is not held down until you pull it to fire though.From what I have seen of Jim shooting he holds his finger strait out until settling in for the shot. I would recommend this release as I think it has improved my shooting and will more once I fully get used to it.

#5 ·
you pull with 2nd and 3rd finger along with wrist strap, get to full draw, wrap pointer finger around trigger and pull with back tension.. the release will pivot from the two fingers rotating release causing pointer to pull trigger and release arrow causing suprise release.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.