Thread: ATTN: Please read.

ATTN: Please read.

Starting June 1st 2010 any member that is running a small business on
    ArcheryTalk ( i.e- Strings, Slings, Bino clips, retail store, e-bay store ECT.)
    Will be asked to become a Supporting Retailer. The cost to become a
    Supporting Retailer will be $250.00 per year. The Supporting Retailer
    will recieve a logo by their user name (like the Stars for the supporting archers) And you will use the new Manufacturers & Retailers Emporium
    as your store.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by phone
    or e-mail.

Thanks,
    Shawn Hatem
    (740) 215-2242
    [email]shawn_hatem@yahoo.com[/email]

Please tell me that threads like these will "have to be" in that forum.

[url]http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1215516[/url]

[url]http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1118649[/url]

[url]http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1214787[/url]
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    In my book, the definition of
    "A Good Day"

You missed your calling there Prag. You were born to be a moderator. I'm sure the classifieds guys would welcome you. :wink:

[QUOTE=JawsDad;1057913375]You missed your calling there Prag. You were born to be a moderator. I'm sure the classifieds guys would welcome you. :wink:[/QUOTE]

Wow, you mean my post lasted long enough "this time" for someone else to actually read and respond to it. :mg:

Me being a MOD? Well I'd really like to help out, but I'm afraid there's one stipulation that I couldn't adhere to. :shade:
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    "A Good Day"

E-mail sent :thumbs_up I think this is a good thing. Thanks to all who are making this happen, and to all the AT sponsors.

[QUOTE=z28melissa;1057913413]E-mail sent :thumbs_up I think this is a good thing. Thanks to all who are making this happen, and to all the AT sponsors.[/QUOTE]

I think it is a good thing as well, but I can only imagine the night mare it's going to be to administer. Here's to all of AT's MODs and Admins :darkbeer:
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    "A Good Day"

[QUOTE=pragmatic_lee;1057913399]Wow, you mean my post lasted long enough "this time" for someone else to actually read and respond to it. :mg:

Me being a MOD? Well I'd really like to help out, but I'm afraid there's one stipulation that I couldn't adhere to. :shade:[/QUOTE]

Only caught by accident or I might have missed it.. :wink:

You've got moderator in your DNA. Of course, when you enforce your rules, you might be by yourself when it's all said and done. But, at least then the moderating will be much easier.. :chortle:

I agree this is a good idea. Splitting the true classifieds listings from the business entities of any size will help keep things more in focus of the target audience. I look at it as AT profit sharing in it's most simple form.. :becky:

[QUOTE=JawsDad;1057913462]Only caught by accident or I might have missed it.. :wink:

You've got moderator in your DNA. Of course, when you enforce your rules, you might be by yourself when it's all said and done. But, at least then the moderating will be much easier.. :chortle:

I agree this is a good idea. Splitting the true classifieds listings from the business entities of any size will help keep things more in focus of the target audience. I look at it as AT profit sharing in it's most simple form.. :becky:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone speaking from experience :shade:

And I see no reason in the world that AT should share in the profits in such situations ("business" listings).
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    "A Good Day"

[QUOTE=pragmatic_lee;1057913492]Sounds like someone speaking from experience :shade:

And I see no reason in the world that AT should share in the profits in such situations ("business" listings).[/QUOTE]

Yes, experience, and I was of like opinion on enforcement and eventual fallout. Kind of like my department at work. These day when I have a department meeting, I just close my door and think. :doh:

I know a decision like this was a long time in coming. We had suggested something like this back in the day when Hornet and I were trying to wrangle the classifieds.

[QUOTE=JawsDad;1057913592]Yes, experience, and I was of like opinion on enforcement and eventual fallout. Kind of like my department at work. These day when I have a department meeting, I just close my door and think. :doh:

I know a decision like this was a long time in coming. We had suggested something like this back in the day when Hornet and I were trying to wrangle the classifieds.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully vBulletin has some "feature" built into it that will allow only those paid "advertisers" (icon by their name) to start threads in this new forum, but will allow any of us "buyers" to respond/reply. If not, then you and Hornet may get called back to "active duty". :shade:
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    "A Good Day"

[QUOTE=pragmatic_lee;1057913655]Hopefully vBulletin has some "feature" built into it that will allow only those paid "advertisers" (icon by their name) to start threads in this new forum, but will allow any of us "buyers" to respond/reply. If not, then you and Hornet may get called back to "active duty". :shade:[/QUOTE]

:nono: The Mooseridge debacle and then the DVD sales put me into retirement.. :shade:

[QUOTE=JawsDad;1057913701]:nono: The Mooseridge debacle and then the DVD sales put me into retirement.. :shade:[/QUOTE]

Understand!
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    "A Good Day"

He doesn't have Mod in his blood.....he's got a long poking stick is all....and a pot stirrer in the other :chortle:
    HDI Staff Director....It's indoor season....is your bow treated with Phase Inhibitor?

Scott Archery CBE Feather Vision

[QUOTE=Brown Hornet;1057913764]He doesn't have Mod in his blood.....he's got a long poking stick is all....and a pot stirrer in the other :chortle:[/QUOTE]

:bartstush: I think you have me confused with Spoon13 (that's how he got his AT name - stirring the pot)
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    "A Good Day"

[QUOTE=Brown Hornet;1057913764]He doesn't have Mod in his blood.....he's got a long poking stick is all....and a pot stirrer in the other :chortle:[/QUOTE]

Okay, how about hall monitor rather than moderator..

[QUOTE=JawsDad;1057913834]Okay, how about hall monitor rather than moderator..[/QUOTE]

Do I get a badge :star:
    28 Targets - 112 Arrows
    "A Good Day"

[QUOTE=pragmatic_lee;1057913857]Do I get a badge :star:[/QUOTE]

Of course....

[IMG]http://fl1.shopmania.org/files/photo-images/4161/south-park-respect-my-authoritah-badge~4160453.jpg[/IMG]