Thread: C4 Mathews

C4 Mathews

I am concidering a C4 with super soft cam for a new fingers bow. Is anyone shooting one? Opinions? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AReric View Post
    I am concidering a C4 with super soft cam for a new fingers bow. Is anyone shooting one? Opinions? Thanks!
    I previously owned a Mathews Conquest with the super soft cam.....

The bow pulled as smooth as butter.....very "spongy/soft" wall, very similar to the Hoyt Accuwheels (which I love).....

Only issue at that time was with my 30.5" draw-length, I was getting a little too much finger-pinch at full-draw (had not yet learned to drop my index finger off the string as I reached full draw)....

That is one bow I would like to have another opportunity to shoot....it sure was quiet, smooth-drawing and pretty quick, too.....

What convinced me to buy that bow was speaking with Bill Pellegrino (who shot professionally in the finger-class for Mathews at that time). Bill told me he absolutely LOVED the Super Soft Cam and had shot some of his highest finger-scores with it. I believe Bill has since moved over to shooting a release these days?

Even BETTER (in my humble opinion) would be installing the Super Soft Cam on the 42" Apex model.....additonal inch of ata length, plus the higher brace-height and deflexed riser of the Apex.....I suspect that would be a really nice-shooting finger bow!

Thanks Texas Guy! One problem with a longer bow these days might be finding a case for it. With all the short, speedier bows now, most cases are short too!

Quote Originally Posted by AReric View Post
    Thanks Texas Guy! One problem with a longer bow these days might be finding a case for it. With all the short, speedier bows now, most cases are short too!
    No problem there.....just go with an "SKB" long case.....it is hard-sided, egg-crate foam inside, solid latches.....

My 42" Apex fits inside it with plenty of room to spare!