Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Climbing sticks ?

Climbing sticks ?

Need a good set of climbing stix. To reach a least 20 ft. I have a plan !

They have to be light too. Talk to me.....

Crazy Wolf.

youve been here waaaay to long to not know EVERYTHING about all the climbing sticks.

LW
    MUDDY
    GORILLA

Thats it...

I have 6 Gorilla Silverback Predator sticks, 5 will get you to 20ft. They weigh a total of 21 lbs. The sticks have worked well in practice ( I am new to bowhunting can't wait until the season starts). I have been practicing in a tree in the back yard to get up to 20ft for my Tree Saddle. I use the extra stick for part of my platform to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1008 View Post
    youve been here waaaay to long to not know EVERYTHING about all the climbing sticks.

LW
    MUDDY
    GORILLA

Thats it...

Summit has some I like, so does Lone wolf. All my climbing stix are permanet set/ not mobile enough , and heavy as heck. Like i said I have a plan... I just dont see any that will reach 20 ft that are mobile enough and light. HCH has got me thinkin .... Plenty to look at in magazines this i know.

Crazy Wolf.

4 LW sticks will do it. Probably the best and lightest there is in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy wolf View Post
    Summit has some I like, so does Lone wolf.

Crazy Wolf.
    LW = Lone Wolf

Summits do not compare. You want 4 LW (Lone Wolfs) that will get you 22' at 12.5 pounds.

also, ive had muddy... but there sticks are small, same as gorilla = you need 4 to get 16', 5 or 6 to get passed 20'. LW is the only company that makes proven 32" sticks where you only need 3 or 4. Ive tired them all... LW is the best.

Check out Ex-Step, it'll add height to the LW sticks, should get you where you want to be with four sticks.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...hlight=Ex-Step

peace.
    unloaded

I use 4 lone wolf climbing sticks to go 20

check sportsmans guide they are usually pretty cheap there or dicks sporting goods

Quote Originally Posted by unloaded View Post
    Check out Ex-Step, it'll add height to the LW sticks, should get you where you want to be with four sticks.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...hlight=Ex-Step

peace.
    unloaded
    maybe on the bottom step, but i wouldnt want to be climbing down 20 ft in the dark trying to find a moving step?

Whatcha got in mind?
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference....Marines dont have that problem." Ronald Reagan
    09 PSE GX6, Sword sight, Limbdriver Pro, Doinker, Easton epicnfused, Muzzy Broadheads
    Deerview Mirror Prostaff

The millenium sticks work well, and come in 20' sets, or you can buy them seperate. not very heavy either
    Sudden Impact Outdoors-ProStaff
    Athens Archery Staff Shooter
    Roost'em Calls- ProStaff
    U-Slide bow holder-Pro Staff
    Acts 10:10-13

You want 4 LW (Lone Wolfs) that will get you 22' at 12.5 pounds.
    I agree...although I think that 4 sticks are 10 lbs. (2.5 lbs. each, right?)

I have a set of 4 and just (a few weeks ago) added a LW Mini Climbing Stick which stacks on the set of 4 to give me a little more height.

Joe

"Eins, Zwei, Zuffa!"
    Mathews Switchback XT 28" DL
    MBG Radiant, Whisker Biscuit, String Splitter
    Strikers/Tricks/Blazers, Aero Hunter and World's Best Strings

Quote Originally Posted by joaxe View Post
    I agree...although I think that 4 sticks are 10 lbs. (2.5 lbs. each, right?)

I have a set of 4 and just (a few weeks ago) added a LW Mini Climbing Stick which stacks on the set of 4 to give me a little more height.

Joe
    you are correct.

•Weights: 2.5-pounds per stick , 7.5-pounds per set of three, 10 pounds per set of four

4 Lone Wolf Sticks with UCR's will get you to your height, and slightly lighter (quieter too) than with the standard straps.
    Somebody on here made some sort of step add on that would give you a bit more height.

Quote Originally Posted by PassYoungBucks View Post
    Whatcha got in mind?

I was lookin at Bass Pros fall catalog , and I see they sell the Millenium seat (only) which is the same seat that is connected to the stands frame of the Millenium. It only weights 4lbs. Sooo, I am thinkin why not just by the seat, and use the bottom platform from my Summit climber which is also light. I throw in a set of Lone Wolf stixs.... pack it all togeather and I am travelin light to some great Public land that I so well know. I mean, I wont need to spend a buch of money on a new stand this year. The seat is $ 69.99 and is on page 450. I say GREAT IDEA Crazy Wolf. P.S. the seat has a rachet strap for easy connect to the tree.

Crazy Wolf.

Crazy wolf please be careful something dont seem right with the seat being free standing from the rest of the treestand.I know that your platform wont give but something makes me wonder if the seat should fail.Not trying to be a mother hen just make sure you think it through.I have enjoyed your posts for sometime.Hate to think we wouldnt have your input around.
    hoyt alpha max 35
    60lbs 27.5 draw
    spott hogg hogg it sight
    gold tipp xt 5575 380 gn 272 fps
    trophy taker drop away

Quote Originally Posted by mattfish View Post
    Crazy wolf please be careful something dont seem right with the seat being free standing from the rest of the treestand.I know that your platform wont give but something makes me wonder if the seat should fail.Not trying to be a mother hen just make sure you think it through.I have enjoyed your posts for sometime.Hate to think we wouldnt have your input around.

I appreaciate it , and I will give it a test run not so high in a tree in my back yard. This seat has a Hook and Cam Buckle that secures it to the tree. I will be wearing a safety harness to boot. If I could only tell you how many trees I have been in since I was 6 yrs old. I might even be able to secure a second strap w/ it. I will be around til I am to old to leave the den. Agin Thank you , for your thoughts. Your not a Mother Hen, but you are a good friend.

Crazy Wolf.

sticks

I like my Lone Wolf (4) and can get high enough with them for your needs.
    Hoyt Ultratec/NAP 4000
    ASAT/ Slick Tricks
    Truball Short N Sweet
    Opti-Logic

great idea

crazy wolf that is an awesome idea i was thinking of getting the mellinium lock on and i have the seat you are talking about and a summit viper i hardly ever use some advice i took a second strap and screwed it on the bottom of the two bars on the back of the stand so i know have two straps on mine i am going to try your idea today i have tried it with some permanent stands on the farm i hunt but the platform has to be pretty big and i dont know that it will work with my summit platform either because of that but i will try it and let you know what i think
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

go on ebay and do a search for strongbuilt treestand. i just bought a hangon that weighs 12lbs for $70 shipped to the house. hooking all that stuff up will be a pain.
    Only ever borrow money if someone else is paying it off for you! Do you know what this means?

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Muddy sticks

I haven't tried but have heard good things

http://www.gomuddy.com/shopping/Depa...ng-Sticks.aspx

platform

i just went out and tried it first to clarify a statement the seat comes with two straps i took the top one off and attached a rachet strap so i could snug it up better the seat comes with the pull type straps i am afraid to say that i dont think it will work very well with a summit platform because the platform is to short the mellinium lock on platform is 38 inches long and my summit is 27.5 so when you put them on the tree you will only have about 6 inches to stand on with the seat down the only way i think it will work is if you put the stand on the biggest tree it will fit on the only tree i had to try it was about 12 in dia.if i get a chance today i will go try it on a bigger tree
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

Quote Originally Posted by olemil4me View Post
    i just went out and tried it first to clarify a statement the seat comes with two straps i took the top one off and attached a rachet strap so i could snug it up better the seat comes with the pull type straps i am afraid to say that i dont think it will work very well with a summit platform because the platform is to short the mellinium lock on platform is 38 inches long and my summit is 27.5 so when you put them on the tree you will only have about 6 inches to stand on with the seat down the only way i think it will work is if you put the stand on the biggest tree it will fit on the only tree i had to try it was about 12 in dia.if i get a chance today i will go try it on a bigger tree

So, you are saying the Millienium seat is to long when it is down.. when you are sitting in it , giving you not much room for your feet to rest on ? Does the seat fold up if you want to stand and shoot ? Any chance you can take a pic of the setup ? P.S. How well does the seat secure to a tree ?

Thanxs alot for all your help

Crazy Wolf.

seat

yes that is what i am saying and yes the seat folds up but does not stay up on its own it has a loop of material that hooks on a little button the seat is pretty solid even more so if you put a rachet strap on it like i did mine i will try to get you some pics of it on a tree a little later today when i put it on a bigger tree and i am anxoius to see how it works as well
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast