Archery Talk Forum banner

Climbing sticks ?

2K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  EXsystem 
#1 ·
Need a good set of climbing stix. To reach a least 20 ft. I have a plan !

They have to be light too. Talk to me..... :darkbeer:

Crazy Wolf.

#4 ·
Summit has some I like, so does Lone wolf. All my climbing stix are permanet set/ not mobile enough , and heavy as heck. Like i said I have a plan... I just dont see any that will reach 20 ft that are mobile enough and light. HCH has got me thinkin .... Plenty to look at in magazines this i know.

Crazy Wolf.

#3 ·
I have 6 Gorilla Silverback Predator sticks, 5 will get you to 20ft. They weigh a total of 21 lbs. The sticks have worked well in practice ( I am new to bowhunting can't wait until the season starts). I have been practicing in a tree in the back yard to get up to 20ft for my Tree Saddle. I use the extra stick for part of my platform to stand on.

#16 ·
I was lookin at Bass Pros fall catalog , and I see they sell the Millenium seat (only) which is the same seat that is connected to the stands frame of the Millenium. It only weights 4lbs. Sooo, I am thinkin why not just by the seat, and use the bottom platform from my Summit climber which is also light. I throw in a set of Lone Wolf stixs.... pack it all togeather and I am travelin light to some great Public land that I so well know. I mean, I wont need to spend a buch of money on a new stand this year. The seat is $ 69.99 and is on page 450. I say GREAT IDEA Crazy Wolf. P.S. the seat has a rachet strap for easy connect to the tree.

Crazy Wolf.

#13 ·
You want 4 LW (Lone Wolfs) that will get you 22' at 12.5 pounds.
I agree...although I think that 4 sticks are 10 lbs. (2.5 lbs. each, right?)

I have a set of 4 and just (a few weeks ago) added a LW Mini Climbing Stick which stacks on the set of 4 to give me a little more height.

Joe

#17 ·
Crazy wolf please be careful something dont seem right with the seat being free standing from the rest of the treestand.I know that your platform wont give but something makes me wonder if the seat should fail.Not trying to be a mother hen just make sure you think it through.I have enjoyed your posts for sometime.Hate to think we wouldnt have your input around.

#18 ·
I appreaciate it , and I will give it a test run not so high in a tree in my back yard. This seat has a Hook and Cam Buckle that secures it to the tree. I will be wearing a safety harness to boot. If I could only tell you how many trees I have been in since I was 6 yrs old. I might even be able to secure a second strap w/ it. I will be around til I am to old to leave the den. Agin Thank you , for your thoughts. Your not a Mother Hen, but you are a good friend. :darkbeer:

Crazy Wolf.

#20 ·
great idea

crazy wolf that is an awesome idea i was thinking of getting the mellinium lock on and i have the seat you are talking about and a summit viper i hardly ever use some advice i took a second strap and screwed it on the bottom of the two bars on the back of the stand so i know have two straps on mine i am going to try your idea today i have tried it with some permanent stands on the farm i hunt but the platform has to be pretty big and i dont know that it will work with my summit platform either because of that but i will try it and let you know what i think

#23 ·
platform

i just went out and tried it first to clarify a statement the seat comes with two straps i took the top one off and attached a rachet strap so i could snug it up better the seat comes with the pull type straps i am afraid to say that i dont think it will work very well with a summit platform because the platform is to short the mellinium lock on platform is 38 inches long and my summit is 27.5 so when you put them on the tree you will only have about 6 inches to stand on with the seat down the only way i think it will work is if you put the stand on the biggest tree it will fit on the only tree i had to try it was about 12 in dia.if i get a chance today i will go try it on a bigger tree

#24 ·
i just went out and tried it first to clarify a statement the seat comes with two straps i took the top one off and attached a rachet strap so i could snug it up better the seat comes with the pull type straps i am afraid to say that i dont think it will work very well with a summit platform because the platform is to short the mellinium lock on platform is 38 inches long and my summit is 27.5 so when you put them on the tree you will only have about 6 inches to stand on with the seat down the only way i think it will work is if you put the stand on the biggest tree it will fit on the only tree i had to try it was about 12 in dia.if i get a chance today i will go try it on a bigger tree

So, you are saying the Millienium seat is to long when it is down.. when you are sitting in it , giving you not much room for your feet to rest on ? Does the seat fold up if you want to stand and shoot ? Any chance you can take a pic of the setup ? P.S. How well does the seat secure to a tree ?

Thanxs alot for all your help :thumbs_up

Crazy Wolf.

#25 ·
seat

yes that is what i am saying and yes the seat folds up but does not stay up on its own it has a loop of material that hooks on a little button the seat is pretty solid even more so if you put a rachet strap on it like i did mine i will try to get you some pics of it on a tree a little later today when i put it on a bigger tree and i am anxoius to see how it works as well

#26 ·
yes that is what i am saying and yes the seat folds up but does not stay up on its own it has a loop of material that hooks on a little button the seat is pretty solid even more so if you put a rachet strap on it like i did mine i will try to get you some pics of it on a tree a little later today when i put it on a bigger tree and i am anxoius to see how it works as well

Awesome !!! :thumbs_up

Thanx agin !

Crazy Wolf

#27 ·
I'd stick with the LW sticks for sure. The EX step looks pretty interesting... although, I'd have to try one before I'd commit to anything other than one on the bottom stick.

I'd also tell you to look for a LW Assault stand if you want light and fast.... those things are the BOMB!

-ZA

#28 ·
pics

here are the pics crazy wolf of the mellinium seat and my summit viper platform just to let you know it will work and it is very comfortable and solid i will be putting this in a tree this fall there is enough room for your feet you could stand with the seat down not alot of room but enough and the seat is very quiet to put up and i stood up in it and held the seat up with the side of my legs and i would be able to turn and shoot in any direction while keeping the seat up i may go next weekend to the farm and try it in a tree i want to put it in if i do i will let you know how it works here are the pics

Attachments

#30 ·
here are the pics crazy wolf of the mellinium seat and my summit viper platform just to let you know it will work and it is very comfortable and solid i will be putting this in a tree this fall there is enough room for your feet you could stand with the seat down not alot of room but enough and the seat is very quiet to put up and i stood up in it and held the seat up with the side of my legs and i would be able to turn and shoot in any direction while keeping the seat up i may go next weekend to the farm and try it in a tree i want to put it in if i do i will let you know how it works here are the pics

Very nice olemil4me ! I am impressed for sure .... the pics are great , and it looks like it will be very comfortable. With the seat up and ready to shoot. Its a winner for sure. Thanx, for the time you put into all of this. I wish you a hunt of hunts this fall season. And a very safe one too. Your friend , Crazy Wolf. :darkbeer:

Crazy Wolf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.