Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73

Thread: Question about Lone wolf treestands

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    DUNCAN S.C.
    Posts
    328

    Question about Lone wolf treestands

    I was told they were made in China now and was wondering if this is true.



  2. NO! LOL! I live in the town they are made and can ASSURE you the bases (cast aluminum) are made RIGHT HERE in the USA! This is laughable!
    Tony Virnoche
    www.thearcheryprogram.com
    TAP PRO, TAPes and TAP for Windows Mobile Devices

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north central arkansas
    Posts
    403
    i heard they went to china also... is there any proof they didnt?
    need new sponsers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north central arkansas
    Posts
    403
    check out these stands http://www.familytraditiontreestands.com/ they are 100% without a doubt made in america...
    need new sponsers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Onalaska,Wa
    Posts
    1,628
    Better check again TAP. Here's the top link of 5 on the first page of Google when you look it up. http://www.northforesttrading.com/kp...hina-5414.html
    08 RMEF Guardian

    "I'd like to get my hands on that can!"

  6. Quote Originally Posted by OBAN View Post
    Better check again TAP. Here's the top link of 5 on the first page of Google when you look it up. http://www.northforesttrading.com/kp...hina-5414.html
    All that proves is once again the Chinese have taken something and knocked it off and sell it back to us for 50 cents on the Dollar!

    One could say Hoyts are made their now too! do a search on the Chinese trade sights for compound bows! They sure look like some of the Hoyts! that does not mean they are made there!

    I'll stop down at the foundry tomorrow and see oif the bases and seats are still being made there. The grommet is made in another location I can check also. MAtter of fact the assembly is also done locally so I can check there too!
    Tony Virnoche
    www.thearcheryprogram.com
    TAP PRO, TAPes and TAP for Windows Mobile Devices

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north central arkansas
    Posts
    403
    ttt
    need new sponsers

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    28,397
    I sell them, yes the company was sold around a year ago but they are still made here 100%
    Have a good day and a better hunt

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    DUNCAN S.C.
    Posts
    328

    Ttt

    Thanks camoman30 for posting a company that is truly American. It is sad that a company like Lone Wolf goes to China. If all of this is true I really feel sorry for the people that worked at Lone Wolf because alot of them are out of a job now. We all need to support companys like the one that camoman30 has posted. I had all intentions of buying a couple of Lone Wolf stands this year to go on our club but it will not happen now. Lets see if their price gets any cheaper cause you know they are getting a deal now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    28,397
    LOL why are you pushing this back to the top you got your answer not a hear say.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    DUNCAN S.C.
    Posts
    328

    ttt

    Because I want to keep this at the top for all Americans to see. I want fellow AT'ers to know that companys like the ones that camoman30 posted are where we should buy our stands, blinds and any other hunting equipment we can. I noticed you said you sell Lone Wolf stands so I can see why you would not want this at the top. Be proud, buy American. GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    28,397
    Quote Originally Posted by ccooper View Post
    Because I want to keep this at the top for all Americans to see. I want fellow AT'ers to know that companys like the ones that camoman30 posted are where we should buy our stands, blinds and any other hunting equipment we can. I noticed you said you sell Lone Wolf stands so I can see why you would not want this at the top. Be proud, buy American. GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
    HUH????????????????????? "MOST" archery products are made here. Besides MY veins run red, white and blue my friend. Served in Nam, 30 1/2 years building "American GM products" and still a union member. Your statement doesn't make sense. But you ask a question got your answer. Pushing to the top all the time says you believe the rumor you heard and not facts.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    DUNCAN S.C.
    Posts
    328
    I do not believe I have gotten an answer. You say they are still made in the U.S.A. So I went on line and done my own search. The company was sold and yes the casting operation was moved to CHINA. So if you are a true red blooded American as you say remove them from your shelf and sell something that some red blooded Americans made. I am the first to say that we can not buy everything made in the U.S. But when I can I will support and buy what is made in our country. Including treestands!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    22,925
    Quote Originally Posted by ccooper View Post
    Because I want to keep this at the top for all Americans to see. I want fellow AT'ers to know that companys like the ones that camoman30 posted are where we should buy our stands, blinds and any other hunting equipment we can. I noticed you said you sell Lone Wolf stands so I can see why you would not want this at the top. Be proud, buy American. GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.

    ...I do not believe I have gotten an answer.
    What unit did you serve in?


    Quote Originally Posted by OBAN
    Better check again TAP. Here's the top link of 5 on the first page of Google when you look it up. http://www.northforesttrading.com/kp...hina-5414.html
    Any of those stands look like a Lone Wolf?
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    28,397
    Quote Originally Posted by ccooper View Post
    I do not believe I have gotten an answer. You say they are still made in the U.S.A. So I went on line and done my own search. The company was sold and yes the casting operation was moved to CHINA. So if you are a true red blooded American as you say remove them from your shelf and sell something that some red blooded Americans made. I am the first to say that we can not buy everything made in the U.S. But when I can I will support and buy what is made in our country. Including treestands!!
    Care to lay privy where you got the information??????? Looked on their web site and never saw such information.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,234
    What is sickening about it, is that they are made in China. What is worse, is that us Americans are losing our jobs while companies outsource everything. Also, that they cost the same amount as when they were made here. Just look at Walmart. Their store buys 75% of its items from outside the US. If companies who move operations out of the US, where taxed double, they wouldn't do it as much.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Meechigan
    Posts
    3,470
    Quote Originally Posted by bowhntng4evr View Post
    What is sickening about it, is that they are made in China. What is worse, is that us Americans are losing our jobs while companies outsource everything. Also, that they cost the same amount as when they were made here. Just look at Walmart. Their store buys 75% of its items from outside the US. If companies who move operations out of the US, where taxed double, they wouldn't do it as much.

    You might want to consider "why" companies are moving their manufacturing out of the US. Couldn't be higher wages, higher business taxes, higher health costs, and more entitlements could it? Seems like business's are doing everything they can to be profitable - no profits, no business, unless you think Socialism will work. If our government would wake up and understand that, maybe unemployment wouldn't be so damn high.

    We're going to wind up with more people riding "in" the wagon than we'll have "pulling" it . . .
    You can't fix stupid
    PSE Bow Madness, Easton ACC, Armortech sight, bunch of other crap
    Scropyd Silver Ventilator 150, Hawke SR IR
    Barnett Recruit, Black Eagle Executioner bolts
    Trojan Shooting Staff

  18. Quote Originally Posted by tpcollins View Post
    You might want to consider "why" companies are moving their manufacturing out of the US. Couldn't be higher wages, higher business taxes, higher health costs, and more entitlements could it? Seems like business's are doing everything they can to be profitable - no profits, no business, unless you think Socialism will work. If our government would wake up and understand that, maybe unemployment wouldn't be so damn high.

    We're going to wind up with more people riding "in" the wagon than we'll have "pulling" it . . .
    AMEN! Someone who gets it! It isn't the companies fault they move production over seas. When they can manufacture something half across the globe and ship it back here and pay less taxes and overhead then they do making it here.....!!!!! Take a look at manufacturing in America today and you will find more and more of it dwindling due to high taxes and overhead to pay for all the Federal funding of the takers and users...

    Oh....and I called emailed my buddy at the foundry this morning.....I'll let you know where the castings are done. Quite frankly I don't care anymore as it is a sign of the times of whats to come. The ironic thing about all of this.... Companies from overseas have moved HERE to create jobs and employe and make more of their product here than the 'American' companies do!!!!! Do some research! I think you will find that Toyata, Nissan, KIA have more American MADE and ASSEMBLED products in their US lineups that ANY of the BIG THREE!
    Tony Virnoche
    www.thearcheryprogram.com
    TAP PRO, TAPes and TAP for Windows Mobile Devices

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    The ironic thing about all of this.... Companies from overseas have moved HERE to create jobs and employe and make more of their product here than the 'American' companies do!!!!! Do some research! I think you will find that Toyata, Nissan, KIA have more American MADE and ASSEMBLED products in their US lineups that ANY of the BIG THREE!

    You're right. Their invading us and taking ownership of country right before our eyes and we're allowing it. I guess there's two ways to aquire property. Overtake and occupy it, or just buy it. Either way you're losing soil.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    1,003
    If I got rid of my cell phone, cable, 1 vehicle, lived in a smaller house (1950s sq ft) and most of the other luxuries i have today that Americans didn't 30-50 years ago, I could afford to buy all american and work for $8.00 an hour and still live comfortably.

    I would if every other American did also. Simple fact is, most Americans won't, and will continue living how they do and will continue to buy the cheapest products they can no matter where they come from. Yes it is a matter of choice, but if you don't play the game, good luck trying to survive and give your kids what they need to do so additionally.

    But yes, I believe LW patent is about to or ran out so they are moving to make them overseas to stay in business.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    7,234
    We need to get back to the question at hand, instead of ranking on what others have said. Alot of archery equipment is still made right here in the USA. Treewalker tree stands are some of the best and lightest ones you can buy. It is kind of like a hammock. You can sit facing the tree or away from it. They are made in the USA.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

  22. Wrong!!!!!!!!!

    I dont know what the agenda of the original poster or the few that followed were but here is the OFFICAL ANSWER from an executive at the casting company that I KNOW with 100% certainty made them 1 year ago!!!!

    My Question: "Jim, do you still work at WAF and do you still make the Lone Wolf Stands?"

    His Answer: "Yes, still work here and still make the Lone Wolf stands"

    So...........case solved.....like I said earlier.....I don't know what the agenda was/is of this thread....but you opened a can of worms sort of with me. I knew Andre personally when he owned the company I know where every single compenent was made and assembeled and they are ALL within 60 minutes of my house. I happen to own two Alpha's now and will most likely buy more in the future for my children as I believe they are worth overy single penny they cost.

    Tony Virnoche
    www.thearcheryprogram.com
    TAP PRO, TAPes and TAP for Windows Mobile Devices

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    28,397
    Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    I dont know what the agenda of the original poster or the few that followed were but here is the OFFICAL ANSWER from an executive at the casting company that I KNOW with 100% certainty made them 1 year ago!!!!

    My Question: "Jim, do you still work at WAF and do you still make the Lone Wolf Stands?"

    His Answer: "Yes, still work here and still make the Lone Wolf stands"

    So...........case solved.....like I said earlier.....I don't know what the agenda was/is of this thread....but you opened a can of worms sort of with me. I knew Andre personally when he owned the company I know where every single compenent was made and assembeled and they are ALL within 60 minutes of my house. I happen to own two Alpha's now and will most likely buy more in the future for my children as I believe they are worth overy single penny they cost.

    Thank you now that is what I call facts-------. Seems ccooper didn't have them as he didn't come back with WHERE his information came from.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by bowhntng4evr View Post
    What is sickening about it, is that they are made in China. What is worse, is that us Americans are losing our jobs while companies outsource everything. Also, that they cost the same amount as when they were made here. Just look at Walmart. Their store buys 75% of its items from outside the US. If companies who move operations out of the US, where taxed double, they wouldn't do it as much.
    The worst part about walmart was that their biggest advertising slogan used to be "look for the made in the USA label"!!
    Hoyt Pro Edge Elite
    Spot Hogg Sight
    BloodSport Arrows National shooting staff
    G5 BroadHeads

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    28,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxima slinger View Post
    The worst part about walmart was that their biggest advertising slogan used to be "look for the made in the USA label"!!
    Worst part----where you actually have to look for the labels they are far and few between---thought that was pretty accurate LOL.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question for lone wolf treestands users
    By tday16 in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
  2. Lone Wolf Treestands
    By dhayse32 in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: July 26th, 2006, 10:13 PM
  3. Lone Wolf Treestands
    By buckhunter2054 in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 24th, 2006, 08:24 AM
  4. Lone Wolf Treestands
    By buckhunter2054 in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 14th, 2006, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •