a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warmbag or IWOM

Warmbag or IWOM

I was dead set on the Warmbag($249), but then my dad went and got the IWOM at the eastern show... apparently i can get the show discoount if he refers me ($199 instead of $299) He hasn't recieved his yet, and I am getting itchy to order one or the other soon.

Lets hear some reviews...tell me which way to go!!!

?

Never heard of a IWOM
    Mike, proud member of the NCWID!
    USA
    PROUD MEMBER OF OHM RESISTANCE
    AR34 RAM.5 / PSE Bow Madness 32 Extreme sights, WB rests

its like a warmbag but with sleeves.

Looks pretty neat, but your arms will be the first thing to get cold.

The method of bag suits is to keep your extremities all bundled up inside to retain your core heat. The sleave-type suit is isolating your arms away from the core heat the same as coveralls. Since your legs are bagged, that suit will be warmer than coveralls but not as warm as a bag-type design.

Over a long extreme cold day, you will be losing a lot of heat through the arms.
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of game."

Theodore Rosevelt's Principles of The Hunt

Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by Septicsam View Post
    Looks pretty neat, but your arms will be the first thing to get cold.

The method of bag suits is to keep your extremities all bundled up inside to retain your core heat. The sleave-type suit is isolating your arms away from the core heat the same as coveralls. Since your legs are bagged, that suit will be warmer than coveralls but not as warm as a bag-type design.

Over a long extreme cold day, you will be losing a lot of heat through the arms.
    Agreed! Your upper body isnt going to be much warmer than just wearing a parka..
    -Mathews DXT, Spot-Hogg Real Deal, QAD HD, STS, Limbsaver X-Coil, Vapor Trail, GT Pro Hunters, and Slick Tricks...

I really like my warm bag, keeps me nice and toasty even up in Alberta sitting all day!

2013 Hoyt Spyder 30 / QAD / HHA / Easton FMJ/ Gator XP 100 & Ulmer Edge & NAP Spitfire Maxx / Scott releases /Bohning quiver/Meta peep/Swarovski/Zeiss Optic
    DON'T SPREAD MY WEALTH,SPREAD MY WORK ETHIC!!!
    The American Indians found out first hand what happens when you don't control immigration!"

I think I agree with you guys. Plus, I like less bulk on my arms when it is time to shoot!! Thanks for reaffirming my decision!!

i used a set of coveralls 3 sizes bigger for years.i would just slip my arms out the sleeves to grab my gun/bow.then just pull them in.but keeping your legs inside is more warmer.
    same with your arms.

warmbag has arms inside if you like or you can stick them out.some stands are really small and you need your arms out to feel safe or hold on.IWOM has arms out all time ,i dont like that idea when it real cold but that suit is close to WB .cant seem to find out what its made of .

Quote Originally Posted by cornfedkiller View Post
    Agreed! Your upper body isnt going to be much warmer than just wearing a parka..
    hey, you are going to have to add this suit to your videoIWOM .i heard there is another one coming out called INFERNO SUIT.

warm bag

Anyone know what size person a medium warm bag would fit? The Large is up to 6'2". Will the medium fit up to 5'10"?

Quote Originally Posted by sproulman View Post
    hey, you are going to have to add this suit to your videoIWOM .i heard there is another one coming out called INFERNO SUIT.
    That could be arranged..all the companies have to do is send me one and I'll gladly test it out
    -Mathews DXT, Spot-Hogg Real Deal, QAD HD, STS, Limbsaver X-Coil, Vapor Trail, GT Pro Hunters, and Slick Tricks...

South Hadley, Massachusetts, United States
    How about a 5'9" guy a tad bit on the heavy side... OK, I'm fat.. will the Medium bag fit or do I need the large bag????

i cant see why you wouldnt go buy a $30 sleeping bag and get in it zipped up the whole way, then just stand up and shoot, unzip, shoot or whatever.

Personally I wouldn't mess around and I would go with a Heater Body Suit.

Quote Originally Posted by krojemann View Post
    Personally I wouldn't mess around and I would go with a Heater Body Suit.
    I used the HBS for three years; It works well. But, now it sits on a hanger in my closet while I sit in the woods in my Warmbag.

There are good and bad points for both systems, but for me the Warmbag is better. My feet and legs stay warmer in the Warmbag (without using overbooties like the HBS) and it is ten times easier to use than the HBS.

Just my two cents; your's may vary.
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of game."

Theodore Rosevelt's Principles of The Hunt

Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by roboj32 View Post
    Anyone know what size person a medium warm bag would fit? The Large is up to 6'2". Will the medium fit up to 5'10"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz1219 View Post
    How about a 5'9" guy a tad bit on the heavy side... OK, I'm fat.. will the Medium bag fit or do I need the large bag????
    I'm 5' 11", 190 and got a large. I had a medium, but the shoulders were too tight to draw my bow freely. I'd recommend going big if you're afraid. That way, if you decide to wear a jacket inside and leave the arms unzipped, your not over-bulking things. Plus you don't want it to fit tight. I'd rather have it draped and loose than too tight.

Its a pretty cool feeling to walk to your stand in long johns, jeans, and a hoodie while there's snow on the ground and the wind chill is gonna be in the teens to single digits.
    Team 11- Caped & Quartered

Yes, we're just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by jlh42581 View Post
    i cant see why you wouldnt go buy a $30 sleeping bag and get in it zipped up the whole way, then just stand up and shoot, unzip, shoot or whatever.
    i used a wal-mart kids sleeping bag for 16 dollars in camo for years.i sewed a set of suspenders to hold bag up.

but you were not covered above shoulders and you had to wear heavy jacket.
    with WB you can dress light,I LIKE THAT A LOT BETTER.I hate heavy coat .most sleeping bags are not waterproof.with WB you should be able to use it in 40s down to freezing and stay dry.most sleeping bags are NOT windproof,they do help cut wind tho.

i thought they did away with MEDIUM.thought it was just large /xlarge and 1 size bigger.i ordered a large/xlarge.i am 6/1 210.joe felt the xlarge could be big for me.my brother is 6/2 so i thought the x/large would be better for him.

the bags are same width inside from what i understand.like the m/l/xl are only longer.large is good to 6/2 and above that is xl to 6/5.

me i would get LARGE.

Quote Originally Posted by sproulman View Post
    i used a wal-mart kids sleeping bag for 16 dollars in camo for years.i sewed a set of suspenders to hold bag up.

but you were not covered above shoulders and you had to wear heavy jacket.
    with WB you can dress light,I LIKE THAT A LOT BETTER.I hate heavy coat .most sleeping bags are not waterproof.with WB you should be able to use it in 40s down to freezing and stay dry.most sleeping bags are NOT windproof,they do help cut wind tho.
    40's!!!!!!!!! That's t-shirt weather!
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============
    Vegetarians...What fun is it to hunt a vegetable! Anyone can sneek up on a carrot!

Quote Originally Posted by redruff View Post
    40's!!!!!!!!! That's t-shirt weather!
    that 40s with wind and drizzle,ugh,its been that way in pa last few years.trying to put on rain coat over your jacket.awful to try and sit this way all day.i plan to use my WB under 45 degrees or when its calling for rain.

i hate rain gear...........

Quote Originally Posted by AmishArcher View Post
    I'm 5' 11", 190 and got a large. I had a medium, but the shoulders were too tight to draw my bow freely. I'd recommend going big if you're afraid. That way, if you decide to wear a jacket inside and leave the arms unzipped, your not over-bulking things. Plus you don't want it to fit tight. I'd rather have it draped and loose than too tight.

Its a pretty cool feeling to walk to your stand in long johns, jeans, and a hoodie while there's snow on the ground and the wind chill is gonna be in the teens to single digits.
    I found a good deal on a medium used one (saves me $100) but now I'm afraid it may be too tight. I'm 5'10" about 210 a weight lifter. At 5'11" was it too tight because of height and were you wearing insulated clothing underneath. I'll be using mine in Canada so I'll need to layer underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by roboj32 View Post
    I found a good deal on a medium used one (saves me $100) but now I'm afraid it may be too tight. I'm 5'10" about 210 a weight lifter. At 5'11" was it too tight because of height and were you wearing insulated clothing underneath. I'll be using mine in Canada so I'll need to layer underneath.
    whenver i buy i always buy larger but medium could be fine for you.only way to know is try it out.if not i would not buy it.

joe lets you return the WB if you bought it from him for larger size.i ordered 2 ,one is large other a x/large.you really dont want a lot of clothes on under it or that could possibly defeat how it is to works and make it tighter.

i think he stated that.do reasearch on here,i believe some bought the MEDIUM and they commented on it.on drop joe a pm and he could help you.

I got mine(warmbag) in the mail a few days ago... tried it on and I am a little concerned with how it drapes over the shoulders. feels very restricting, i dont understand why the zipper hole wouldnt go to the top of your shoulder. I am going to have to tie it up or make some modifications. seems like it will be really warm tough

curious if others have had this issue and how they addressed it???

Quote Originally Posted by atwanamaker View Post
    I got mine(warmbag) in the mail a few days ago... tried it on and I am a little concerned with how it drapes over the shoulders. feels very restricting, i dont understand why the zipper hole wouldnt go to the top of your shoulder. I am going to have to tie it up or make some modifications. seems like it will be really warm tough

curious if others have had this issue and how they addressed it???
    what size did you get.
    what is your height/weight.

thanks sproul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast