Thread: hoyt maxxis 35 number 3 cams or number 2

hoyt maxxis 35 number 3 cams or number 2

what is better for me whith a hoyt maxxia 35 number 2 or number 3 cams i am a 28 inch draw pepole say i can go with either cam which one is smotther and has more vally any info thanks

You don't have any choice , you have to use the #2 cam

yep #3 shortest DL is 29.5" and they are buttery smooth
    Hoyt Maxxis 35

I believe the charts say you could use a #3 cam if you went with a Maxxis 31, but the only way to get a 28 in draw with a Maxxis 35 is the #2 Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by woodford1 View Post
    I believe the charts say you could use a #3 cam if you went with a Maxxis 31, but the only way to get a 28 in draw with a Maxxis 35 is the #2 Cam.
    dag it thought i had some choices well how r the number2 cams

#2 cams are faster but have a very short valley. They will definitely jump on you if you creep at all. #3 's are a little slower but more valley - I found them much more comfortable. I just bought a Hoyt Contender because I liked the valley of the Cam and 1/2 plus much better than the #2 XTR. If I could have gotten the #3 XTR cam on the Maxxis 35, that is the I would have ordered.

I actually talked to Hoyt about this exact topic, and they told me they have heard this a lot from customers with 27 and 28 inch draws who tried the #2 cam on the 35. I am hoping for a change in their 2011 lineup that will give us a different choice.

Good luck with making your decision.

The Maxxis shoots really smooth with the #2 cams. If the valley is too short for you just have someone take a twist out of the cable so that the top cam hits before the bottom. It really is that simple.

Where do you find the charts?
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

They are posted under the Customer Service section on Hoyt.com. Here is the link - http://www.hoyt.com/customer_service...une_charts.php.

Quote Originally Posted by woodford1 View Post
    They are posted under the Customer Service section on Hoyt.com. Here is the link - http://www.hoyt.com/customer_service...une_charts.php.
    its kinda of discourgeing now i have to shoot one with 2 cams the one i shot was 3 and it had me convinced bbut i dk now

I know this is an old thread but I have this bow and would like to get the full 29" DL out of the #2 cams. For some reason mine is at 28.5 on the E setting. Got it used so am wondering if it's a matter of untwisting the string a bit or something else. Can I just switch the module out to a different one, it is easily removable? If anyone knows or can give some advice I would greatly appreciate it!