Thread: Does USPS ever update thier tracking?

Does USPS ever update thier tracking?

I've had items arrive @ my door that only appeared originally scanned in @ the home base.

Xpedition Xcentric
    Xpedition Xplorer
    Limbdriver
    Stan/Scott
    VAP/Swhacker

i was told by a usps employee that not all offices update.
    its not even tracking...only confirmed delivery.
    kind of a joke IMO.

Not until its delivered, or if it happens to scan thru another PO.

When I complained of this years back, I was told thats why they call it Delivery Confirmation, not tracking.

well it might be because they are off on every possible holiday or just lack of follow-up in that department. Sometimes I get good updates, but it is never as reliable as the ups tracking.

Canada Post & USPS are "supposed" to have integrated tracking. I normally "lose" any packages I send to the US once they cross the border and I won't know where it's at until it's delivered.
    Martin Scepter 4 Elite
    GK TKO Best Blade
    Carbon Express Nano XR 380 / 110
    TRU Ball Short 'n Sweet 1
    Sure Loc Supreme 6x Specialty

Quote Originally Posted by spike camp View Post
    i was told by a usps employee that not all offices update.
    its not even tracking...only confirmed delivery.
    kind of a joke IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by GWFH View Post
    Not until its delivered, or if it happens to scan thru another PO.

When I complained of this years back, I was told thats why they call it Delivery Confirmation, not tracking.
    Ahhhh! Well I gues that explains it then. Thanks guys.
    Xpedition Xcentric
    Xpedition Xplorer
    Limbdriver
    Stan/Scott
    VAP/Swhacker

there tracking is a joke. ups is way way better on that part of it.

It is not tracking. It is only delivery confirmation showing when it was delivered. Granted , sometimes they will scan it at different locations but they do not have to . Only supposed to be scanned when delivered.

The only one that is a tracking number is the insurance number and we can not use it as tracking. Only the post office can pull it up and see where it is.

funny chit man USPS and tracking don't even belong in the same sentence.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31, 60X Strings, Epic N-Fused, Stingers, Snuffer SS, Slick Trick Mags, Wasp SST Boss

depends on the day, and employees. . I have had 3 packages in the last week that came in and tracking was shown every stop they made from the shipping location to my house. . Ive also had packages that didnt show anything even after I received them. .

I was surprised the last few it was just as good as UPS Tracking. .

In my experience they do. They updated my last tracking number about 1 hour after I received the item with all the information for the previous week. Great service

Just about everything I sell on here I ship USPS with Delivery Confirmation. I've had good luck with the tracking for the most part. It will, if nothing else, state when something has been delivered. Sometimes its a little on the slow side but they get it done.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

I have a Range Rover sight and a Hyper Glide cable slide for sale in the classifieds.

The scan does NOT update until the carrier ports his scanner at the end of the day.
    The USPS is UPDATING their tracking now! We want to get back the package business from UPS and that was the biggest complaint from customers. You have to understand our parcel volume is overwhelming at times.

You should ALWAYS get an "Arrival at unit" scan on the morning it gets to your local P.O. Your package should be delivered that day.
    Alpine Fireball F1

They only update at the end of the day, and if they feel like it. I know a few people in our post office and what i was told is if they are bored it may get done. Its weird because if you go inside and ask they can tell you exactly where its at. Its really a joke trying to track it online.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep136 View Post
    They only update at the end of the day, and if they feel like it. I know a few people in our post office and what i was told is if they are bored it may get done. Its weird because if you go inside and ask they can tell you exactly where its at. Its really a joke trying to track it online.
    They are wrong! The scanners are docked EVERY day. They download info automatically!
    Alpine Fireball F1

It's government run, what do you expect.

I have never had a packaged sent or recieved show any updates. It is a waste of time to even check it. I usally have good luck sending and recieving packages though. I would like to see usps track like ups.

I am retired from the USPS. Years ago the PM General told us that the 1st. class monopoly was losing out to e-mail so we would have to make it up with something else. Parcel charges went down and volume went up. However politics butted in. UPS had donated enough money to congress to get one of their vice presidents on the USPS board of governors. He very clearly stated that UPS couldn't compete with the USPS so something was going to have to be done. It was, soon we were ordered to raise parcel prices again. You may remember the add where a few delivery trucks were moving along and then for the rest of the add USPS delivery trucks kept on coming and coming. At that time UPS was a little pipsqueek co. about the size of the USPS big toe. Because of politics you pay more for all postol services and of course UPS keeps on overcharging and making huge profits because they keep paying politicians.
    Tom

Sent some mods to Deep Fried 6/29/2010. Got notice today they were "misrouted" and came back to my original PO. Now shipping to Kansas, I hope!!

Without confirmation we would be in the dark "wondering along with USPS" about the whereabouts of the package.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by racknspur View Post
    I've had items arrive @ my door that only appeared originally scanned in @ the home base.
    nope never
    WWW.PROLINEBOWSTRINGS.COM OR CALL 513-801-5984
    HAYMONDSARCHERY.COM OR CALL 315-681-1676
    DEERCROSSING ARCHERY DEALER

Quote Originally Posted by mattbowen View Post
    It's government run, what do you expect.
    Even though we can still have some pride in our jobs! I hate seeing these USPS bashing threads. We are not all bad letter carriers!
    Alpine Fireball F1

MONOFLETCH-- As a practicle matter the USPS does a good job at what they are doing and my home letter carrier goes above and beyond to get my mail to me. As I said in my post, the system does what it is supposed to do. I was able to notify my recipient that the parcel would be late because it was misrouted.

We are such a now society that when the occassional blip happens, people get their pants in a wad. If everyone would just practice a litle patience and use a little judgement the whole system would be better off.

Later

Marc

USPS just lost a package from Cabela's for me. Ordered on the 22nd, scanned in Wisconsin on the 24th and nothing since. Can't understand why any business would use USPS to ship packages with the lousy tracking. Cabela's now considers it lost and has to send me another one. And what pisses me off even more is that Cabela's uses USPS and still charged me $16.95 to send an Aromortech Axcel HD sight.

Just like everything else, there are going to be bad people and good people at their jobs. I hate to condemn everyone for the actions of a few but it does get difficult at times. I ordered a bow from a fellow member on a Thursday and it arrived to me the following wednesday. I checked the tracking number daily and even checked the tracking number at noon no that day with absolutely no change. They did not even iqnolage that they picked up the package. I checked the tracking number about an hour after it arrived and all of a sudden all of the info for the last six days showed up. A tracking number is worthless if it doesn't actually track anything.
    My mail carrier at my house is just as bad. If it is raining my mail will be soaked. Any envelopes for bills will be unusable, magazines will be trash, etc. Just to get him to pick up the mail have to leave half of it hanging out of the mail box. Very frustrating.

having the number, and it never showing things till you get it, is more then a little blip. usps whines about buisness, then do something about it. use the tracking, and stomp ups. it would be easy to do. i normally ship usps, but would love to have the tracking work for once.