a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Hoyt Rintec ???

Question Hoyt Rintec ???

I am looking at getting a new bow for my daughter.

In looking at the pictures, the Rintec Riser looks almost identical to the Sierratec riser. Are they in fact the same?

She currently shoots the banshee, which has been a great bow, but does have a reduced width arrow shelf. Does the Rintec have same size characteristics as the banshee, or is it more like a "full size" bow? Sure wish I could get my hands on one before I actually order one.

the risers are the same. It is a grown-ups bow with alot of adjustability.

Judging by the size and weight it is going to be an ideal youth and small frame women's bow. The ATA is barely longer than my child's Martin Tiger and the Rintec only weighs a 1/2# more. I would say this is an ideal bow for a kid that is 10 yrs old or older (as long as they are normal size).

I'm 99% sure I am going to order one for my son who is 8, but is a hefty 100#.

Check out the new 2005 BowTech Rascal before you purchase the Rintec. They offer a upgrade program so the bow can grow with your child. It is also the best youth bow on the market.

Bowtech dad, the Rintec comes with 8" of draw length adjustment, more than enough for a child to grow into without having to get any "update" kit !!

Or was the best youth bow until the Rintec came out. Compare them side by side nd I'd take the rintec everytime.

Yes I agree the draw length has 8" of adjustability, but what good is the extra length if he only has a 20# bow. The child would need new limbs to go up in weight. This is why the upgrade program is so good that BowTech offers.

Hoyt offers you the choice to buy the bow in 20#, 30#, 40#, and 50# limbs. I just don't know a kid with a 26" draw length that would want to shoot a 20# bow, they would want a minimum of 40# limbs.

Whatever bow you get it will be better than what we had is kids. I just favor the quality and customer service BowTech.
    Last edited by Bowtech Dad; November 21st, 2004 at 10:27 PM.

Rintec

I have talked with my dealer extensively on this bow. If you were to order a 30-40 lb bow, that lb rating is for the longest draw length. Just like it's big brothers, you can get a couple lbs below the bottom weight rating, in the case of the rintec about 26-27 lbs at the longest draw length. Now shorten the draw length down to shortest possible and he said you should be able to get the bow down somewhere near 20 lbs. This should allow a child to start with the bow and grow into it. Buy the bow in 40-50 and you should be able to get it down near 30lbs.

We are mostly a target family anyway. My wife shoots a 30-40 lb Sapphire. So I figure a 30-40 lb bow should be good for my 10 year old too. She will probably end up shooting her Banshee for the remainder of indoor season, but get a new rintec (fusion) for outdoor JOAD next spring.

Bowtech Dad - I understand you loyalty to Bowtech, I have the same loyalties to Hoyt, I shoot a protec, wife has the sapphire, both kids shoot banshees. As for satisfaction with there customer service, I don't know haven't had to use it yet.

Here's how it breaks down from Hoyt's website...

18" 22" 26"
    20# 16 lbs 20 lbs 21 lbs
    30# 24 lbs 30 lbs 32 lbs
    40# 32 lbs 40 lbs 43 lbs
    50# 40 lbs 50 lbs 54 lbs

So, my son shoots a 20" draw length. Max poundage at that DL is 36# and min is 26# which he shoots already. In a couple years when he is 10 and ready to hunt deer and small black bears he should be drawing 22 to 24 " and I'll be able to get 40# out of the same limbs.

He'll be getting a Newberry, though when he gets to 24"
    Last edited by AKDoug; November 22nd, 2004 at 12:20 AM.

bhv, Just a heads up.
    You may know this already but just in case.

You might ask your dealer to call Hoyt about delivery time if it is intended as a present for Christmas. I ordered a Banshee(see my comments in post "2005 Bowtech Rascal") Long story short. My dealer called Hoyt to see where the bow was. Hoyt said the Banshee & Rintech were being "redesigned" and would not be shipped until sometime in January.

Darkside

I have played around with one at the shop I shoot for, and I tell you, this has to be one of the best youth bows I have ever seen.