Thread: Got My Martin Mamba Ordered Yesterday

Got My Martin Mamba Ordered Yesterday

Ok so i have been looking at recurves for a few months and my birth day is tommorow July 7 so i went up to the bow shop today and ordered my Martin Mamba! I am so excited heck when i kill a deer with my recurve i am going to think that compound bowhunting is to easy! Anyway i was just going to let you guys know the guy said it will be 4 days so i am expecting to get it sometime this weekend! Man i tell you guys what am so excited i dont know if i will be able to sleep for the next 4 days! What arrows do you think i should get for this bow he has cedar arrows that he made in there and they look pretty nice. He also easton aluminum arrows and he also has beman carbon arrows witch one do you think i should get for hunting?

Hoyt Alphaburner. B-Stinger. AXT Driver. QAD Ultra Rest HDX . Easton Torches
    PSE Supra ME . Doinker Dish . Spot Hogg Hogg It . Trophy Taker SS . Carbon Express CXLs
    Martin Mamba 44# @ 27" Gold Tip XT Hunters

You didn't state what poundage the bow is going to be at your draw length, what length arrows you're going to shoot and what point weights you're looking to shoot. Also, is the bowstring going to be made of fastflight material or dacron? Fastflight material usually takes a stiffer spined arrow than an arrow shot from dacron. Lastly, is the bow cut to center or past center and if past center, how much past center? These are the things needed to tune arrows to a trad bow.

Is it me or there is a lot of compound shooters who come to trad archery/bowhunting nowadays ? ....that's great !

Wellcome to the bright side muzzyman1212 .
    regarding materials , both wood , alum and carbon arrows work perfectly well ; i use carbon's ( CE heritage ) and aluminium arrows ( XX78 ) , both fly great .
    " Do or don't do , not to try ! " ....Yoda ....

Quote Originally Posted by muzzyman1212 View Post
    Ok so i have been looking at recurves for a few months and my birth day is tommorow July 7 so i went up to the bow shop today and ordered my Martin Mamba! I am so excited heck when i kill a deer with my recurve i am going to think that compound bowhunting is to easy! Anyway i was just going to let you guys know the guy said it will be 4 days so i am expecting to get it sometime this weekend! Man i tell you guys what am so excited i dont know if i will be able to sleep for the next 4 days! What arrows do you think i should get for this bow he has cedar arrows that he made in there and they look pretty nice. He also easton aluminum arrows and he also has beman carbon arrows witch one do you think i should get for hunting?
    Congratulations on your bow. I've been a long time Martin shooter and supporter.

Much Aloha...

Haver you seen the lighting of the olympic flame for the Barcelona olympics? The archer used a Martin Mamaba.

No i haven't seen the lighting of the torch but i knew that the bow was the mamba. I still don't know what arrows to get, i just want to know cedar, aluminiums, or carbons?
    PSE Supra ME . Doinker Dish . Spot Hogg Hogg It . Trophy Taker SS . Carbon Express CXLs

we need to get together so you can shoot some of my arrows before you buy so you will have an idea of what is going to work for you. sounds like i'm about ten miles north of you.

For me, I prefer footed carbons. My brother likes aluminums. Cedars are too delicate for our tastes. If you have a good formal target, I'd vote aluminums. If you shoot stumps and other less than arrow friendly targets, try carbons.

If you haven't shot a traditional bow much before, I'd keep your hunting range to the distance where you can always put your arrows into a 7-8" circle. For most folks, even seasoned shooters, that's about 15-20 yards, and usually beginners are about 5-10. More than anyhting it gives you more confidence when you do go to take a shot, and there's less chance of wounding an animal. Nothing spoils enthusiam for traditional archery like shooting a deer through the belly.

mamba is a great bow....good snappy shooter. quiet too...well designed your gonna like it....good choice. Martin makes great stuff....

Well boys i got her today and she is prettier than words can say. I am defiantly happy with this purchase and i will post up some pictures tomorrow in the daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzyman1212 View Post
    Well boys i got her today and she is prettier than words can say. I am defiantly happy with this purchase and i will post up some pictures tomorrow in the daylight.

Thumbs up

Congrats.. show us pics when you can

where are the pics?

sorry guys phone wont send pictures and archery talk is out of hand

I am so sorry guys i have been busy shooting my bow. Plus it just seems archery talk is getting out of hand as far as the bashing so i just have not got on in a week or so. Well i cant get my phone to send the pictures sorry guys i dont know whats wrong with the stupid thing. I am enjoying my bow i feel i am getting more accurate everyday. I am defiantly glad i came to the trad world. I just have a couple questions what broadheads do you guys recommend because there are just so many out there i just don't know witch ones to get. anther question is quivers i have been looking at eagles flight and Safari Tuff i just dont know if i want to mount a quiver on my bow or just have a quiver on my side. what are some pros and cons of both. also how does the safari tuff quiver work as far as do the arrows just rattle around inside it or how do the stay put and not rattle around?

Muzzy, I've been using the Stos broadhead for the last few years.
    They're easy to sharpen and seem to hold up pretty good.
    As far as bow quivers [strap-on] the Kanati is the best design IMO. One of my brothers has one and it doesn't move once you set it in place....it's not too big but big enough to give you a little weight.
    On bows that are kinda light I like a bow quiver because I like the extra weight.
    The mini Cat Quiver is a good sling type quiver , I have one of those and that's what I use mostly. The Cat Quiver will keep your arrows protected and it's easy to get an arrow out when you need it.
    Hope this helps you some.

what arrows are you shooting?

the guy who gave me the archery bug way back in the 60's shot a Mamba, a 65lber, and shoot it very well indeed, he had it for many years and had taken much game with it, it was all banged up and had the finish all worn off and when he was finished shooting for the day he would as he walked by his truck just chuck it in the box from 10' away!
    the bow was one of the gray ones and wasn't too pretty, but what he could do with that bow was beautiful and started me on my archery road..
    enjoy your Mamba.. but I would suggest not throwing into the back of your truck...lol
    Galatians 4:16
    <><

the guy who gave me the archery bug way back in the 60's shot a Mamba, a 65lber, and shoot it very well indeed, he had it for many years and had taken much game with it, it was all banged up and had the finish all worn off and when he was finished shooting for the day he would as he walked by his truck just chuck it in the box from 10' away!
    the bow was one of the gray ones and wasn't too pretty, but what he could do with that bow was beautiful and started me on my archery road..
    enjoy your Mamba.. but I would suggest not throwing into the back of your truck...lol
    <><

mmm, double post.. not sure why.. lol
    <><

im shooting 30" 2016 gamegetters with 125 grain field points and 4.5inch feathers for now they seem to fly well but i think i am going to order some heavier field points to test and see what flys best

Ok I got the pictures to load Finally

Here is the shelf

Here is the whole Bow

Here is the Riser

Here is the groups i am getting at least 2-3 times a day from 12 yards

Here is a flu flu i fletched up i just felt like showing you guys sorry the wrap is reflective so it is shiny

oh yeah and i shot a robin hood the other night!!!
    Here is the picture

Had the chance to shot a mamba just last week. A guy at the 3-D shoot had one, I shot a few arrows. Spit 'em out hot! You got yourself a shooter.

I'm told the Mamba is an updated Howatt Hi Speed; I can believe it. Just wish they'd make a 54 inch version.
    It's the spending, stupid (C)