a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HECS actually works??

I saw the seminar put on at the bow rack up in Oregon from one of the inventors of the HECS stuff and I must say it was pretty convincing there was a lot of scientific information as well as some convincing video shown. There were also some guys in the crowd afterward that I know personally that said they had used this stuff and saw a difference. The guy also said hecs was being used in wet suits with sharks, and also with dogs. I have to admit it was extremely convincing, and he really did seem to know what he was talking about. He was also very busy after the seminar and it looked like I was not the only one who was thinking a little differently about this.
    I am just really skeptical of this kind of stuff and like some of the others here I just was not aware of any findings about deer having the ability to sense electromagnetic fields. I was playing around on the net afterward and thought I would see what google had to say about this I was pretty surprised by what I found. Here is one thing i found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoception. it looks like there is a lot of information on the ability of mammals to sense magnetic fields. If you are interested google Julia Neef she is a researcher from Europe somewhere that has some interesting reading if you are interested in this subject especially when they talk about the possible mechanisms mammals have. Kind of opened my mind up a fair bit more.
    I think I might have a hecs suit come fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtekdude View Post
    I saw the seminar put on at the bow rack up in Oregon from one of the inventors of the HECS stuff and I must say it was pretty convincing there was a lot of scientific information as well as some convincing video shown. There were also some guys in the crowd afterward that I know personally that said they had used this stuff and saw a difference. The guy also said hecs was being used in wet suits with sharks, and also with dogs. I have to admit it was extremely convincing, and he really did seem to know what he was talking about. He was also very busy after the seminar and it looked like I was not the only one who was thinking a little differently about this.
    I am just really skeptical of this kind of stuff and like some of the others here I just was not aware of any findings about deer having the ability to sense electromagnetic fields. I was playing around on the net afterward and thought I would see what google had to say about this I was pretty surprised by what I found. Here is one thing i found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoception. it looks like there is a lot of information on the ability of mammals to sense magnetic fields. If you are interested google Julia Neef she is a researcher from Europe somewhere that has some interesting reading if you are interested in this subject especially when they talk about the possible mechanisms mammals have. Kind of opened my mind up a fair bit more.
    Well you'd have to be pretty convincing to sell, somthing as ridiculous as this, either that or be a really good looking chick.
    -Nick

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I'll buy a suit and put it right next to my scent lock gear. People will buy and believe anything, its rediculous. The cavemen and indians could kill deer with a stick and string, we have compound bows, binoculars, deer piss, decoys..the list goes on and on. If you like to spend your money on that kind of stuff than by all means go ahead. The only thing I use is my bow, stand, camo and arrows, becuase Im not into the crave for the latest gear. Thats just me but people are always intitled to their opinions.

I'm not saying I believe in the suit, but I wonder what everyone thought when a guy came out with a bow that used 3 strings and big wheels? That being said until I read a lot more research in this area and try it for myself I will gladly listen to both sides of this argument
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix G3
    HHA - Easton Carbon Injections - QAD HDx
    TightSpot - NAP Killzone - B Stinger

Quote Originally Posted by Stump Shooter View Post
    bowguy, since in my opinion you are most likely tied into HECs fairly close(even though you say you aren't ) Go ahead and send me a HECs suit head to toe and I'll give it a go. Like most everyone, I firmly believe that this is another gimmick straight out of a snake oil salesman's suitcase. So make me a believer.
    Kinda thinking the same thing...

I have also heard of this being used in wet suits for sharks... However, sharks skin ( bull head especially ) has receptors that pick up on electronic impulses sent of in the water... Which is would work great for that, but I don't think we have any bull head deer walking around the woods? If I am wrong and its scientific whitetails can pick up on it, please, let me know.

I am in the boat with the snake oil guys. But is there a slim chance that some deer can see your Ora (sp)? Some people claim to be able to see an Ora around people. I knew a person who said that he could do this and it gave him an advantage when dealing with people because he could tell what kind of mode people were in just by the color and shape of their Ora. If we knew some people that could see Oras maybe they could tell us if the HECS is doing anything.

Freaky things can happen. My oldest brother could not wear an mechanical watch. He could buy the top of the line watch and within 3 days it would stop running. Yes he did wind the watch but for some reason they would just stop working. Some of you may know other people who could not wear the old mechanical watches. I have never heard an explanation of what caused the watches to stop.

As for now, I would have to be naked and needing clothes before I bought the HECS.

The guy at the seminar was not a “good looking chick” LOL!
    I am still not saying that I believe 100%- but I will say it is feasible. Not only do they have some sound science behind this including an independent study on their web site but what I found on the net about how deer and other animals sense magnetic fields has me thinking this is feasible. To say it is not possible is to ignore the research that points pretty strongly the other way IMO.
    I guess everyone can make up their own mind, im just saying there is valid scientific back up.

The same company also markets body building supplements.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Troll #2?
    Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen.

The horse thing has caught my interest. How about a video showing its reaction when wearing /not wearing the hecs?
    That is you wearing it not the horse.
    Darton Tundra Extreme
    Scorpyd Ventilator 150, Nikon Prostaff 3-9, HHA Optimizer, BE Executioners, Spitfire Maxx
    StrykeZone 350
    >.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Hey guys not been back on AT in a while,

First I want to say I have no affiliation with the HECS Company. Just used the product and I think there is something to it. I am actually trying to test this objectively going forward just so I can say yes or no. I think a lot of other hunters will be interested as well.

I will try to get some video with my horses although I am seeing a little different reaction now than when I first used the suit with the horses. Not sure why, except that I have been talking to them and sort of forgot about it the other day when I fed them. Maybe they get used to it? My neighbor also has a hose , maybe I can try it over there? Video idea is great!

I did repeat my test out in the field the other night with just regular camo. I did pretty much the same thing I did with the suit on, except this time the deer had me picked off after just a short time and in about 4 or five minutes the field was empty. The wind was the same – I made sure of that before I went in again- and the conditions were pretty much the same as before. Actually I think the mossy oak breakup should have been a better camo pattern and provided better concealment.

Anyway, I saw about what I would expect to see. Deer picked me up and got very nervous, then vacated! All I can say is that was not the case with the HECS suit. Still want to repeat some more, but it was a big difference. I don’t want to get the deer spooky in this area, so I will wait for a few days and again until the conditions are about the same again and try the HECS again. I Just wanted to update all on what I am seeing.

Hope to have more info in a week or so.

Some of the jokers here my not care, but this is really pretty intresting!

Hecs

Until the deer experts from the University of Georgia can prove that whitetail deer can sense electromagnetic radiation, I am not buying it.

The first advertisement I saw of the HEC line brought quite a laugh to me; I don't jump on every band wagon that comes along, and remain fairly traditional in my hunting. However, I do believe Bowguy1 is legitimately trying to demonstrate his personal experiences with the product, and has aroused my interest at least. Not to the point I would spend money on it, yet, but interesting nontheless.

Even if the suit did work (I am HIGHLY sceptical), I wouldn't want one anyway. If you have to wear a electro/magnet/forcefield suit to kill a deer, you might need to look for a new hobby.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1up View Post
    Even if the suit did work (I am HIGHLY sceptical), I wouldn't want one anyway. If you have to wear a electro/magnet/forcefield suit to kill a deer, you might need to look for a new hobby.
    This is not a slam on you because I understand what you are saying so please dont take it as such but your post jogged a memory I had. It was in the mid to late 80's and I was working at a factory where a lot of guys hunted...a couple of the guys bought climbing tree stands and were saying how well they liked them...one guy said "I have been hunting for 20 years and if I have to climb up a tree to kill a deer I might as well quit".

A year or so later after seeing how many deer those guys were killing out of their stands guess who went out and bought a brand new loggy bayou tree stand.
    Darton Tundra Extreme
    Scorpyd Ventilator 150, Nikon Prostaff 3-9, HHA Optimizer, BE Executioners, Spitfire Maxx
    StrykeZone 350
    >.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Great point! I think that the hecs might well be seen in the same way in a few years. I remember other “gimmicks” not too long ago. Compound bows, mechanical broadheads, string releases, even camouflage clothing! It might be fun to look back at what was said about hecs in five or ten years!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuley View Post
    Weak juju. Mine is so strong they can sense it from miles away.

Even so, I have an EMF meter just like their website shows and I can't get the same readings they do.
    Everyone knows you got to calibrate your EMF!!!! DUH?

Someone please tell me this is a freakin joke, please! Do your guys brains just quit working? Deer either see you, hear you or smell you. Thats it!! If they are paranoid, its because they have been pressured. If they seem to know your there, its swirling wind currents. C'mon man!!! Quit being so darned gullable.
    Its not what I do.........Its who I am..

hire - drive - buy - be

AMERICAN

I'm as skeptical of this stuff as I am of internet claims of 80 yard group sizes.

First of all, most experts seem to agree that mammals don't have this type of receptive ability. Sharks have this, as do rays, but most other animals don't. There's a big difference between sharks and birds being able to detect the entire earth's magnetic field for navigational purposes and a deer, elk, or horse being able to pick up on something as faint as what a human body would be giving off.

Besides, how is a $150 suit going t help if it doesn't cover your face and hands? Wouldn't your electromagnetic field eminate from those areas of your body?

BTW...does this mean that fat guys are worse hunters? Since they probably give off a higher electromagnetic field than hunters who don't weigh as much?

Quote Originally Posted by JC-XT View Post
    I'm as skeptical of this stuff as I am of internet claims of 80 yard group sizes.

First of all, most experts seem to agree that mammals don't have this type of receptive ability. Sharks have this, as do rays, but most other animals don't. There's a big difference between sharks and birds being able to detect the entire earth's magnetic field for navigational purposes and a deer, elk, or horse being able to pick up on something as faint as what a human body would be giving off.

Besides, how is a $150 suit going t help if it doesn't cover your face and hands? Wouldn't your electromagnetic field eminate from those areas of your body?

BTW...does this mean that fat guys are worse hunters? Since they probably give off a higher electromagnetic field than hunters who don't weigh as much?
    Actually some studys show that emf fields affect grazing patterns of deer and cows. Thats not saying that a deer can see the emf fields from a human.

If the deer can detect EMF then reducing the amount from the size of a persons entire body down to the hands head and feetwould make it more like 5 small birds around. The military stealth technology does not make the bommbers invisible, it just tricks the radar into by confusing the systems.

I wouldn't get one as a lot of my hunting is not even done in camoflage. I usually just wear the sweaty dirty work clothes I had on all day and I have no problems finding deer to get a shot on by playing the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by blacktailbuk View Post
    All these bashers, scientists and know it all's ruin these forums. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there is know reason to be rude. I got to spend about an hour with Mike Slinkard the president of HECS and he explained how this system works and he showed me some of his footage in Africa and on Antelope and Muleys here in Oregon. This stuff really works. People are using the fabric to train bird dogs and some of the biggest wet suit companys around are using it to help prevent shark attacks. Think what you want about the HECS system, but I'm a believer.
    Some here seem a little sensitive. I have read no bashing in this thread. Just a very civilized discussion from both sides, nothing I would consider rude.

As for me Im not ready to buy into this stuff yet. Dont use carbon suits either.

I'm not a believer either, at least not yet, but I do remember seeing a piece of video, I can't remember if it was on TV or on-line, but they were talking about animals extrasensory perception in regards to being "hunted".

The video showed a guy (researcher of some sort) sneaking up on several cow elk that were bedded on a mountain. They were focusing on the fact that they were avoiding threatening movements and gestures, such as making eye contact or even looking in the animals' direction. He was wearing just normal clothes and walked to within a couple hundred feet or so of the elk. Then he sat down and every few moments he'd slide over a little closer. He eventually got to with just a couple feet of the cow.

I'm not saying the suits work, but there are still a lot of things in this world that are unexplained...

I am not saying I am convinced this suit does anything....why? Well I haven't actually tried it...I may one day...Snake oil? well I don't know yet but either way why all the bashing on this site? I haven't been here since April and am amazed at how active this site is...as I have a lot of catching up to do on all the new posts...problem is most threads are full of bashing/trolling and not "archers helping archers".

FWIW here are a few things I once thought were gimicks until I actually used them and am now a believer:
    -Scent Smoker
    -Fobs
    -UV free clothing
    -Casio game watch

If wrapping your head in aluminum foil makes you a more confident hunter, then go for it.
    But until a reputable independent source (such as the UGA team that identified the spectrum that deer are able to see) test and confirm this ability, I put this right up there with aliens flying underwater UFO's (no disrespect to believers of underwater UFO's) .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If I'm cold and wet - something's about to die...
    Current Location ... http://goo.gl/maps/LA3qj

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast