Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1313

Thread: Red Feather Archery - Phoenix broadhead

I have a quandry: my parents are giving me a ground blind, and I've been told that 2-blade broadheads and FOBs don't work well through shoot-thru mesh. So, do I give up my RazorHawks in order to stick with FOBs (I'll just give the RazorHawks to my son and use his Phoenix), or do I give up the FOBs and keep the RazorHawks?
    Maitland Retribution VTR 27", 68#
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 Harvester arrows .350 spine, RFA RazorHawk broadheads, Onestringer wraps.
    Scott Archery Silverhorn release, Trophy Ridge Micro-Hitman 5 sight

I personally don't like to shoot through mesh even with normal fletchings. I know a lot of guys do with success, but I have hang ups about purposely shooting through something that is between my game and me. I have found if you get a good dark inside to the blind the mesh really isn't needed anyway.
    NBA 09' Genetix Black NBA '12 Eclipse Black riser Optifade Forest limbs NBA '13 Genetix Black
    newbreedarchery.com

ttt
    NBA 09' Genetix Black NBA '12 Eclipse Black riser Optifade Forest limbs NBA '13 Genetix Black
    newbreedarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw View Post
    I personally don't like to shoot through mesh even with normal fletchings. I know a lot of guys do with success, but I have hang ups about purposely shooting through something that is between my game and me. I have found if you get a good dark inside to the blind the mesh really isn't needed anyway.
    Well, I don't have the blind yet, so I don't know how dark it is inside. I'll probably take a couple shots at angles through it with my FOBs and Phoenix on to see if it will work. Hopefully I won't need the mesh, but better to use it and be sure than to keep it up and get busted.
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 Harvester arrows .350 spine, RFA RazorHawk broadheads, Onestringer wraps.

Yea if it works for you I would go for it no doubt, its just something I can't get through in my head.
    newbreedarchery.com

Saturday morning bump for a GREAT head. I will be ordering some for my trip to Oklahoma in March. Hmm.....better get on that, it's right around the corner.
    "Anybody can kill one with a gun" Steve Casselman

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFeverLodge View Post
    Saturday morning bump for a GREAT head. I will be ordering some for my trip to Oklahoma in March. Hmm.....better get on that, it's right around the corner.

It sure is, I wish I could have made it out to that hunt.
    newbreedarchery.com

I wish you were making that hunt too, Dustin, it's going to be a hoot. Good talking with you yesterday, Steve, look forward to seeing you again and meeting your brother in OK.

Patrick, I'd say the best thing to do is just try out your different combos. That way you will have total confidence shooting through the mesh.

Quote Originally Posted by RFA View Post
    I wish you were making that hunt too, Dustin, it's going to be a hoot. Good talking with you yesterday, Steve, look forward to seeing you again and meeting your brother in OK.

Patrick, I'd say the best thing to do is just try out your different combos. That way you will have total confidence shooting through the mesh.
    I plan to. It's just that the RazorHawks fly so well, that I'm loathe to give them up. However, the FOBs steer broadheads so well, I'm loathe to give them up, either. Either my son or I will be shooting his Phoenix. If I keep the FOBs and need his Phoenix, then I'll give him my RazorHawks. Otherwise, I'll be using some FlexFletch FHP-200 Flash vanes. Folks have had great luck stabilizing their German-Kinetics 125XLs with those, so I have every confidence they'll stabilize my RazorHawks.

You should have no problems with either of those fletching options.
    newbreedarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFeverLodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RFA View Post

OINK OINK.......

It sure is, I wish I could have made it out to that hunt.
    Wish you could to....

One of these days I will be able to sneak down there.
    newbreedarchery.com

ttt for my favorite 3 blade head.
    newbreedarchery.com

ttt
    newbreedarchery.com

Anyone else have any success or stories from the past season.
    newbreedarchery.com

Yea if it works for you I would go for it no doubt, its just something I can't get through in my head.
    Well, FOBs and RazorHawks are a no-go through the blind's mesh. FOBs and Phoenix are a no-go also. So... I guess I get rid of the RFA broadheads.

NOT!! I think I've calculated how to set up my arrows to use fletched arrows from the blind and FOBs from the treestand my wife is getting me for my birthday (only $36 at sportsmans guide!), and have them weigh the same with almost the same dynamic spine and F.O.C., so POI shouldn't be too far off. I can then adjust my sight to compensate for whichever setup I'm using.

The RFA broadheads aren't going anywhere!

Yea fobs through stuff can be tricky. I used to hunt exclusively with fobs, but then they would pop off in the thick brush or if you hit a twig or something in flight and caused a clean miss. I am glad it was a clean miss but after that I went back to feathers and have not looked back. If I were just target shooting I would probably go back to fobs because its easy to fletch with them.

newbreedarchery.com

Back up for a great head
    newbreedarchery.com

Any plans on making a 100gr non-vented version?? If not maybe I'll have to make a move to the 125ers...

Quote Originally Posted by Juan_ID View Post
    Any plans on making a 100gr non-vented version?? If not maybe I'll have to make a move to the 125ers...
    Don't think there is.

But hey, never know what Stan will do.....

Quote Originally Posted by Juan_ID View Post
    As far as I know there is no plan, but the 100 grain heads are just as tough as the solid 125s there will be no issues of strength in the vented 100's. They redesigned the rear of the blades to add more material there to ensure no breaking like some of the early versions of the head had. I have one that was in the early batch that cracked and have no problems shooting it still, it even shattered bone after it was cracked and still flew lights out.
    newbreedarchery.com

As mentioned, no plans at this time for a non-vented version of the 100 grain head. The heads are tough and quiet as is. I do believe that you can get the VPA Terminator in a non-vented 100 grain head.

Morning All you RFA'ers.
    newbreedarchery.com

ttt
    newbreedarchery.com

24 days till some of us whack some hogs.....

Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast