Thread: Hoyt FastFlite Question

Hoyt FastFlite Question

I am new to the sport and just got a Hoyt FastFlite from a friend who got it from a friend. The draw weight is too heavy for me. I can just barely pull it back. The draw length seems OK. The cams are number three (3). The guy I got it from said they were speed cams or something like that. Can anyone tell me if the draw weight can be reduced to 35 to 45? I think this is an older bow and if I can use it to get my feet wet that would be good. I'm not going to hunt, just target.

Thanks

We'll need to know more about the bow. For starters, the Fast Flite on the limbs is just the limbs themselves. It's a designation of length on older Hoyts, like Supreme is, too. Know which riser it is and the actual cams would help tremendously.

Pics would be the biggest help. Riser, cams, and limb sticker.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

Here are a few pics. There is no sticker on the bow and no markings of any kind. I thought there might be a serial number or model number but I couldn't find any.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those look a lot like Master cams. That version would be the second generation and used modules to change DL. I saw a post in the classifieds where a guy had a ton of older mods for sale. He may have some for them if you need them.

I can also see the buss cable is twisted to the point the yoke is twisting up. If the cables are shorter than it should be, and it looks like they may be, the DL will be too long and the DW too high.

Not knowing the DW range on that bow I can't say for certain. But you can evenly back off the limb bolts to reduce the DW. Just don't back them out so far that the limb butts are sticking all the way out of the riser's limb cups. That could be catastrophic. To make sure they're backed out evenly turn them all the way in, then mark them with a Sharpie marker. Then turn them both out an even number of turns until you get the DW you want.

I think it's time for me to find a pro to tune this bow. Not sure how long those bolts are and I would hate to back them out a half a turn too far. Thanlks for the info.

I'd say it needs a tuneup. Make sure the string and cables are tweaked to where the specs should be (good luck finding the right ata and bh measurements) then go from there. It should still be a good shooting bow.