Thread: Back tension with a caliper release???

Back tension with a caliper release???

Being a recurve shooter,I know how important back tension is to a good,relaxed shot but I honestly don't see how in the world someone using a caliper release can execute the shot solely using back tension.If you draw the bow using the wrist strap and hold the bowstring with the tension being on the wriststrap and even if you are pulling with your back,it is obvious that your finger has to move some to pull the trigger.Am I wrong?Suppose that your finger is immobile in a hook shape just like it would be laying on the trigger of a release but you could not move it.It is frozen.Would the release fire by back tension only?It seems to me that it wouldn't because the wrist strap is holding the weight,not your finger.Any comments on this are welcome.

Use a crisp trigger with no movement and a bit of weight needed to break. Then keep in mind that the skin on your wrist will "slide", so your hooked finger can literally be dragged into the trigger. BAM! Surprise......
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

If you have come from recurve it is unlikely that you suffer from TP so why not do as Dietmar Trillus says, just point it and pull the trigger??

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytee View Post
    If you have come from recurve it is unlikely that you suffer from TP so why not do as Dietmar Trillus says, just point it and pull the trigger??
    Sorry, but I beg to differ.....Look up Griv's facebook video of Deitmar and his release. There is no "pulling, punching",.........he executes the shot with no movement from his trigger finger at all. True backtension release with a wrist strap.........