Thread: Which small Dia. arrow shaft

Which small Dia. arrow shaft

Just checking to see what you ladies are shooting for a small dia. carbon shaft. I know that they can get quite expensive. Looing for some that don't break the bank. These are for my wife who is shooting 45 pounds from a compound.
    Thanks

I am a big fan of Carbon Express. The Eliminators are good if she is only shooting short distances, but for longer shots the Maximas are great.

Not pure carbon ... but I really like the Easton ACG or the AC Navigators. They fly like darts.

(You may be able to find some Navigators from previous years in bargain bins).
    COMPOUNDS- Mathews Conquest 3 50# - "Blue Screw"
    RECURVE - W&W ProAccent Riser w/ KAP Winstorm Carbon Limbs 36# - "Black Widow"
    Brain get out of my way and let me shoot!

Easton Carbon 1. Lancaster has them, they are ace diameter and about $100 a dozen!
    Take your child hunting, and you won't have to hunt your child!!
    Athens Archery Factory Pro Staff, Athens Assassin Road Crew, Shrewd Stabilization, Tru-Ball Inside Out, Spot Hogg,Black Eagle Shooting Staff, AAE Vanes and Rests,blah, blah, blah. Don't "Pencil-Whip" Me!! Support 3D4CP! or you suck! Shoot with me at "The Archery Shop"...Carlisle, Ohio. Where kids are welcome!

I personally shoot the maxima 250's but they are like $120 a dozen. If you are going for an inexpensive but still a great arrow, i would go for the gold tips. I used to shoot the gold tip xt hunters and they run $75-$80 a dozen. I fell into the maximas after my bf bought some for the recurve and they didn't fly right. For 3Ds and such out of my recurve I shoot the gold tip expeditions. Run about $60 a dozen so I feel a lot better if I lose one that if i lose a $20 arrow.

Bellefontaine, Round on the sides-HI, in the middle
    Pm sent
    Proud to represent:
    Team Murphy

Elk, even though I am not a lady, check out the GoldTip Ultralight Entradas. I shoot the .500 spine full length from my 40# recurves with 120gn points. I bet the would work for her 45#er. I get them at F.S. Discount Archery real cheap, under $83.00 a dozen! Thats cut to length, fletched (5"feathers), inserts installed, and choice of fletch color!

http://www.fsdiscountarchery.com/gol...htentrada.aspx

not a women but i myself have been shooting the beman mfx. you can get the bone collectors for around 55.00 a dozen.

I am a gold tip fan myself.. I shoot a little larger diam arrow out of my bow. Right now I am pullin around 42#. I shoot the GT 22's for 3D and I am shootin the easton flat liners for huntin.. I have found the 22's fly better for me for 3D..
    2011 New Breed archery Gentix (blackedout)
    shooting staff: Trophy Chicks Prostaff, Dead Center Archery Stabilizers, Trophy Blend, , Schmidty's strings, Muddy Girl/Moon Shine..

my wife shoots the PSE radial X weave 100's for both hunting and 3d.....her 3d arrows have a glue in 70gr tip, flex fletch 212-they weigh in at 275gr and the hunting ones run a 100gr screw in, 4" feathers weigh in at 315grs and both have wraps...the STL hunters are the cheapest and what she hunted with for 2 seasons...she will be hunting with the pro's this year.

for real small diameter go with the victory armour piercing
    Team Whack 'Em & Stack 'Em Hunting Staff
    Elite Z28 30/60
    Chief Arrow Stick Out

my son shoots ace 520 they are expensive but fly like a dart, he shot a 40 target course youth class the 1st 20 he was 6 down the 2nd 20 he shot 24 up, they are tough,fast and small

Thumbs up Thanks everybody for the help

I think I'll be checking on Speed pro max, Victory nano and Carbon one.
    AT is sure a great site!
    Thanks all!

I would strongly recommend the Victory Nano's - they come in V1, V3 or V6 tolerances. You can get the V6's for about 77.00 a dozen if you want to try a great product at a great price. I use the V3's and love them. I shoot 50# and shoot the 500 spine with an 80 grain point. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by trimantrekokc View Post
    my wife shoots the PSE radial X weave 100's for both hunting and 3d.....her 3d arrows have a glue in 70gr tip, flex fletch 212-they weigh in at 275gr and the hunting ones run a 100gr screw in, 4" feathers weigh in at 315grs and both have wraps...the STL hunters are the cheapest and what she hunted with for 2 seasons...she will be hunting with the pro's this year.
    I had the PSE radial X weave but when I bought my new bow last year my pro shop guy recommended I switch to Gold Tip ultralight 500's as the new Xweaves were starting to have problems with cracking. I really like the Ultralights though they are more expensive than the PSEs I can get a dozen with custom fletching and arrow wraps, nocks and inserts shipped to my door for $95. I just add the point of my choice or they will ad them for $6

Here's a tip. If you buy the lower priced arrows that are rated at a lower straightness, a way to correct this is to cut an inch or so off the top end and then cut from the bottom. That will increase the straightness and make-up for the difference in types of arrows.

Personally, I use the Carbon Express Maxima shafts. I love them and they are excellent arrows. They are a little more pricey, but they last much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by imadragonkeeper View Post
    I had the PSE radial X weave but when I bought my new bow last year my pro shop guy recommended I switch to Gold Tip ultralight 500's as the new Xweaves were starting to have problems with cracking. I really like the Ultralights though they are more expensive than the PSEs I can get a dozen with custom fletching and arrow wraps, nocks and inserts shipped to my door for $95. I just add the point of my choice or they will ad them for $6
    did you experience the cracking yourself? either way both are tough arrows...i personally shoot gold tip and have for years...the radials have performed flawlessly for my wife and taken some abuse that some other brands wouldn't have taken from my experiences....
    we always buy bare shafts so that i can control the quality of fletch jobs myself....

Victory Nano Forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Strother
    I'm adding you to my slander, defamation of character lawsuit, I'm really tired of all the BS you and L-Train spread so you both will be added to the proceedings and named as a defendant.

Have a great one.

super strong

get the easton redlines in the 860 or 700 spine 3 inch feathers or vanes and 70 grain glue in nibbs super strong and don`t bend even in wood contact... just be sure to cut them out of any trees or wood or wiggle in a small circle until able to pull out with ease.. what draw length again???? will be in the 255 fps or faster with a 45 lb mild cam compound and SHORT 26 inch draw... AND CUT TO 27 OR SO INCHES..