Thread: MX 4 vs regular 3 blade muzzy??

MX 4 vs regular 3 blade muzzy??

Who has used both on deer?Just got some MX 4 and going to see how they fly,
    Have had good luck with the 3 blade.Are the holes any better with the mx 4 or should I just stay with my 3 blade??

Destroyer 350 flatline DOA 340"s limbdriver HHAds5519
    warpspeed convert.A fast hit isn't always better but it sure is fun shooting at 80yds!!!!

I have always had a tough time getting any Muzzy's to fly good. Back in the day that is all I used. That being said, I have killed 6 or 7 deer with the 125 grain 3 blades, and 2 with the MX4's. I have not been disappointed with the penetration, and blood trails from either of the broadheads and wouldn't hesitate to use them if I could ever get them to fly good. I would favor which ever one I could get to fly the best.
    SEABEES CAN DO!

IMO stick w/ the three the fours were always off for me, and yes I know you can tune it to work, but it's so much easier to shoot something that flys like your feildpoints for the same money or in my case cheaper...
    First Bow* Bowtech Tomkat[now bowfish rig]
    2012 Redhead Blackout[latest huntn rig]

Try the MX3's. Got some Mx4 to try them could not hold as tight a groups as the MX3 out of my set up, just my two cents. They say the original 90 grain 4 blade is a good head.
    58" Toelke whip 41lbs, Easton Axis Traditional 600 spine, 205 grain Zwickey 2 blade on the death end. Retired Bowtech Guardian, could be called back to full duty.

Ive shot both ( and still have both ), I seem to get more consistant flight with the Standard 100gr. 3 blades for some reason. The POI is very close alternating back and forth, but if I was only shooting 1, Id stick with the 3 blade.Ive shot deer with both also, I know that there could be alot of different varibles also, but Ive had to track less with the 3 blades compared to the Mx-4's w/ comparable shots. I still shoot my Muzzy's once in a while but Ive switched to 2 blade rages and havent had a deer drop out of sight yet.
    ELITE ENERGY 32 28/70 NINJA.....HHA DS XL5519, QAD HDX, B Stinger, Gold Tip XT 75/95's and Rage Broadheads

once i got my bow tuned i have no issues whatsoever with the mx4. killed a cow elk with one last year and there was no blood trailing needed. she went 30 yards and fell over.
    "The Arrow is everything"
    "Never Give Up........Ever"
    "I Call, They Come, I Kill Them" Gregg Stevens
    "Not all Elk Encounters are Created Equal" Paul Medel aka ElkNut1
    "The Rockies are no place to find out you are not in shape" Trophyhill

I grew up shooting Muzzy's. I switched to the MX4's a couple years back and killed a couple deer and antelope with them. They are still my back up heads to my Shuttle Ts I shoot now. I still shoot Phantoms with my recurve.
    Z7 and Martin recurve
    Proud to be on the Wounded Warrior hog hunt at Shiloh...I am blessed

Been shooting 3 Blade 100 grains for many years , also have been using the MX4 since they came on the scene , killed many with the 3 Blade and 8-10 with the MX4 , Both fly awesome for me and leave great blood trails , will have both on arrows this season as well .
    HOYT HAVOC-TEC,EXTREME RT900,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY 3 BLADE,ACC 3-49
    HOYT AM32,VIPER H1000,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY MX3 ,TROPHY RIDGE CRUSH 400

US Army 1981 - 1989