Archery Talk Forum banner

Pacific Bow Butts

5K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  chet108 
#1 ·
Pacific Bow Butts are truely one of a kind in the archery industry. Its a proven system on the West Coast, now archers are beginning to use them nationwide.

Pacific Bow Butts are NOT excelsior. They are manufactured from specific straw and other natural products.

Features;
Superior Grouped Arrow Durability. - You can shoot the same spot hundreds (I'm being conservative here) of shots and not have a passthrough or sagging arrows with all our products.

Our Big Butt model measuring 21H x 20D x 44W will sustain thousands of shots in a 2 inch area from bow speeds ranging 270 and up. This model is the one we recommend for clubs and indoor ranges. The superior durability saves maintenance expense and overall replacement costs significantly.

If your a traditional shooter this could be the only target butt you'll ever need!!!

We can custom manufacture specific widths to accomodate existing target sheds and indoor range needs.

Please go to our website www.pacificbowbutts.com and call our dealers for testimonials and read our info. We have a feedback form to contact us about pricing, shipping, ect.

Yes, you can shoot broadheads into our products. They will extract easy once you learn the two hand technique.

Yes!!
Its time archers get their money's worth and your getting it here.

Thanks to all who are shooting and telling others about our one of a kind target system. They really do work and work and work.

Oh!! I didn't mention that our products are 99% BIODEGRADABLE.
Nature and Archery go hand in hand.

Karl Plato
Pacific Bow Butts

See less See more
#3 ·
we put up about 50 at our range in fl. + 6 at home, the hard part is picking them up. they are solid + heavy. we stacked them 2 to a target to 50 yards + 3 from 55 + up. mine at home is 2 wide + 3 high. your club members love them after they are up + we shoot the 1 at home at lest 4 times a week. the wife + kid can pull there arrows out, mine are a little harder . i have found you need to shoot them head on, the arrows like to kick if you are not right in line with the grain.

#4 ·
this is one great product. being from the northwest, i go to many different ranges/clubs that use them. i don't ever remember a passthrough. one range i shoot at has had them out on their field course for three years at least and the butts are still in great shape. the price is very affordable but i can't speak for the shipping costs.

be well..............jay

#5 ·
When stacking 2 or 3 high on a field range, what do you do about the bands between the bales?

Are the bands steel or fiberglass?

If steel, do you reband the whole unit and then strip out the steel bands between the bales?

#6 ·
target butts

FS560

You don't do anything with the bands. Stack the butts up and secure them to there platform. Them start shooting.

The bands aren't a problem as one might think. We use .020 zinc galvanize banding, the best. We don't want the banding breaking before the target butt is shot up. In our case, at least five years. We have target butts on ranges that have had them since 1998. The bands haven't broke or been hit.

Most clubs secure the target butts to the platform there sitting on. when they stack them 2 or 3 high. Clubs usually have a manual bander, therefore banding the whole unit.

Thanks for the questions keep'em coming.

Karl

#9 ·
seems

Thanks fastarrowfl for posting the pic. How do and your members like Pacific Bow Butts.

3d4me
These are the same type butts your club is planning on purchasing. The threaded rod and housing units that your club has on their range, that you used for excelsior will work just fine for our products. We can custom manufacture the perfect width to fit these sheds, in this case it would be 36" wide.

When you stack them two high then press them down with the all-thread it will tighten the middle. It isn't necessary.
All the clubs that use our products, over 30 clubs just in California alone, stack them and not worry about the seem.

Thanks again, keep the questions coming.

Karl Plato

#10 ·
Karl,

I checked out your website-- nice idea for an affordable and bio-degradable target butt.

Out here in Phoenix where we don't get much rain so would we need to install a drip system of some sort to keep the bales moist?

Our largest range here has used standard hay bales and they install drip lines for moisture to make them last longer. But standard hay bales centers shoot out very quickly.

Pass through's are a real problem because the bales are backed up with old conveyer belts and when an arrow sticks in that-- either you say good bye to your insert or spend several minutes digging it out.

They just started installing some bales made of old carpet remains and sealed the edges with some sort of coating that hardens up like asphalt. These are way too hard on arrows and leave a residue you have to scrape off the shaft. Much less they weigh a ton!

How about the shipping? Is it much to send cross-country?

Chris

#11 ·
Chris

Sounds like your area clubs need a remedy for the maintenance headaches. We have it.

NO!!!! Our products do not need water to tighten them. They are ready to shoot. In your area where you don't receive much rain, just stack'em up, secure them and start shooting. Our system is very low maintenance. We only recommend rotating the butts once a year. Like moving the 20 yard butts to 50 yards on out. Our system will last many years.

In rainy areas if clubs don't have existing target sheds we recommend conveyor belting for the top. Drape it over the sides and use decking screws to secure the belting. Don't screw into the top just the sides.

Shipping isn't a problem. This year we've included shipping in our pricing. Clubs and ranges from Colorado to New York can't believe our price for a target butt with superior grouped arrow durability and being biodegradable.

Our target butts will save a lot of maintenance headaches and replacement expense for clubs, indoor ranges and the individual archer.

Thanks Chris

Keep the questions coming.

Karl

#12 ·
If you're looking for the best range target out there call the BLOCK target up they have 48"x28"x18 and 48"x48"x18. Just call them up and they can give you the info that you need. It's being used at all the Cabela's, Gander Mt. and Bass Pro stores and at over 750 clubs and dealers shops around the country. The BLOCK's phone numer is 800-282-4868.

#13 ·
BLOCK TARGET

I dont think they can holdup to the beating . They are lighter and easy to move arould but shot after shot they dont compare to the 'Pacific Bow Butts' .
i dont work for 'Pacific Bow Butts' + they have never given me a thing, we ordered them, they sent them to FL . + we shoot them.

-- JUST THE FAXS JACK --

#14 ·
I have shot both the personal size block and the large size neither has been very reliable, personal size only took around 30 shots before I started having pass thru's. The Block for ranges I shoot at Bass Pro every week and they have not been up very long and they have rotated them 3 times already. At 25 yards I consistantly bury arrows up to the fletching, I have always been very disapointed in the Block, the cube did seem to be a little bettter, but still longivity was a great issue for me.

#15 ·
Maggie
Go to www.pacificbowbutts.com and click on the testimonial link. Call some of the shops and find out what they know. Have them compare the two.
The only reason why you think the block is best, is because you haven't shot Pacific Bow Butts. When you have you will realize Pacific Bow Butts will outlast your block two to one.

Pacific Bow Butts are in a class all there own.

Our products will be at a dealer near you real soon. Try our range model Big Butt PBB 200. Shoot it in the same spot. Keep your arrows grouped in a 2 inch diameter area at 10 - 15 yds and shoot it 1000 shots. Do the same to one of your blocks. Oh, shoot 300 fps arrows to give you a true test.

We know what your results will be, I just hope you will post them here.

Thanks for the input.

#16 ·
Lovin the Butts

Put together a little test this week to shoot the butts. I am extremely impressed. Brought 10 guys in to shoot and we shot for about 3 hours. Comments were: Very solid, no arrow sag, not residue left on shafts, shallow penatration. Our average penatration was around 8 inches. My setup is shooting 296fps with a 410 grain arrow. Couple of the shooters were around the 310 - 315 mark.

Next week we are going to look at doing a side by side comparison. Looking to use the Block, Cube, and looking to bring in another target but haven't decided on the brand yet. I have been shooting every day into the target trying my best just to shoot 1 spot. Target has taken about well over 500 hits so far and penatration is for me is still the same. I have been putting some tape on my arrows to mark it. Several guys have been shooting my target daily. Can't wait to get the side by side test going.

So far I am extremely pleased with the results, going to keep on abusing it and see how it stands up. So far this is one impressive target.

#18 ·
I picked up two of the PBB 200 Extreme bails about a month ago. Extreme is right, extremely heavy, etremely well built and most importantly extremely effective. I can only get 15 yards from my driveway shooting into my garage. The butts handle 304fps redlines with ease, even from 5 feet. The penetration is just right and although the arrow removal gets easier the more you pound one spot the penetration doesn't seem to increase. I'm very happy with my investment and don't forsee needing a new butt for many years to come.

#19 ·
Ill attest as well to the pbb targets after shooting another popular companys bag targets for the last few years and will say Ill never go back to a back unless its for the trash :) Karl is great to deal with and the targets are unbelievable in their durability . As far as the block comparison ...... there is none it will be in the landfill before PBB is even broken in good already did the test and still picking up foam pieces in the yard .

#21 ·
I just got one for the basement and it seems to do a great job. I am having a little residue on my Gold Tips though. Will this get better? Mine seems to like easy pull tips that are for 3-D targets. Makes the tug a little easier. See another one inmy future for outdoor.

#22 ·
I never had any residue on my shafts, did have one archer the had some white stuff on his arrows but we finally determined that it was the silicone wipe that he used for his 3d shoots. They are a little stiff on pulling arrows but I like that, it still isn't hard to pull and keeps arrow sag from occuring.

#23 ·
It sounds like there a great target , wish I could get one. I called the toll free number today and there gonna send me some info but unfortunately theres no dealer in my area and they said the shipping was very costly so it looks as though I'm gonna have to build another rag target :(
What have you guys been paying for theese targets ?:confused:

#24 ·
Happy Camper

I have had my Pacific Butt (PBB 245) 33" X 44" for about a month
now. Finally got it set up outside last week. Really like the way it holds the arrows straight. We are shooting our field bows with carbons and we are not penetrating but about 4". I think this butt is going to be the best I have used by a wide margin. I am using a friends large Block target in my basement and it just won't hold up to shooting a five spot at 8 yards. I also have two
Morrell Outdoor Ranges and they started shooting thru within
a couple of weeks at 20 yards and were junk within two years even though I turned them regularly and replaced the covers twice. I plan on getting the next smaller size Pacific Butt to shoot in my basement. We are getting slight residue on our carbons (small pieces of straw stick to the carbon) but nothing a fingernail won't scrape off. If you shoot one of these butts for two weeks, you won't want anything else.
Jbird

#25 ·
mobowhunter

Did you do any testing with broadheads?

We can do custom widths on our model Big Butt, this is the one we recommend for indoor and outdoor ranges. We can make them any width up to 52" Jake's Archery in Orem Utah has 50"
wide, seven across and stacks them three high to fit their range size.

Having the capacity to do custom widths on our Big Butt model allows clubs to use their existing target sheds. Indoor ranges can gain another lane.

huntdoc.

Sometimes their is a little residue during breakin period.

Jbird.

Sounds like your enjoying your need toys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.