Thread: Apache Arrow Rest?

Apache Arrow Rest?

I currently have a G5 Expert 2 drop away on my bow and it contacts my fletching and lately I think it has been affecting my arrow flight and I cant adjust it any farther and its still contacting. Anyways I really like the drop away part of the rest and thought about trying the new NAP Apache rest. Has anyone tried it? Does it work good? Is it good quality? Is there anything bad about the Apache? Would it be worth the switch? Anything about the rest would be great. Thanks

ttt

the apache is a very good rest

In all seriousness, I actually like my Apache better than my Trophy Taker. On several occasions I have had my arrow pop out of the top slot of the TT when I've pulled my General back quickly. This has yet to happen with the Apache.

It could be something that I am doing differently, but it hasn't happened with the Apache.
    ME: 2012 Bowtech Destroyer 350 70# Black Ops, Black Gold Ascent, NAP Apache
    WIFE: 2011 Bowtech Heartbreaker 40# Black Ops, Black Gold AMP, QAD Rest
    SON: 2012 Diamond Atomic, Cobra Stealth, QAD Rest

Does the expert II feel like it sticks alittle? If so loosen the launcher arm 1/8 of a turn and there is a set screw for it and tighten it down. Your getting friction from the launcher arm being to tight. Just a guess but it happened to me.

I'm a small shop, and stock as much as I can. With 4 of these rest on the shelf I will sometimes runout. It only takes a day to refil, but the feedback is 100% good. I set up several the first week and very easy to dial in and quiet, non more. I have a qad on my bows, and would have put this rest on had they been out at that time.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson 1802
    Dealer: Darton, Target Boy Targets, Specialty Archery, and more!

I put one on a buddy's black ice and he loves it. No clearance issues or any other issues. Its a good rest.

So far I'm VERY HAPPY with my Apache rest. I've been shooting it for about a month with zero problems. IMO it's a good solid design with little to go wrong. Easy to set up and DEAD SILENT.
    02 Martin Phantom 05 Fred Bear TRX

The Apache rest is a very good rest. Full containment and all. Even the inside of containment arrow is padded so if the arrow falls off the rest or bumps the side, no noise.

The only drawback is on full containments, I like a little larger opening for the arrow to go in. The slot is in the center on the top and sometimes if you nock the arrow first and try to drop it in the slot, it will hit the sight.

That is the only thing I do not like about it. A very good rest overall.

I ordered one in for our shop and no one seems interested in it. It is a little on the heavy side. It appears to be a good solid rest!

I love mine! Its fast, quiet, built like a tank, toollesss, and doesnt cost and arm and a leg!
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

Apache arrow rest

I got the Apache rest awhile back. I think this is the best so far out of several rest I have tried. I'm shooting it on the Athens 32 very solid rest and quite.I plan on putting one on my sons bow soon.
    Nothing like splattered blood all over leaves

Thanks for all the info yall. I think I might be headed to the store to get one here soon

Quote Originally Posted by Anynamewilldo View Post
    Does the expert II feel like it sticks alittle? If so loosen the launcher arm 1/8 of a turn and there is a set screw for it and tighten it down. Your getting friction from the launcher arm being to tight. Just a guess but it happened to me.
    Nope the rest isnt sticking. I cant figure out why it contacts to save my life

Well I just went and picked up an Apache at BP today and...... man its awesome!!! I put it on my bow and after a few minutes I had it shooting perfect. Gotta give it to NAP they made a great rest thats really quiet and extremely easy to tune and seems really sturdy
    I'm going to go out and shoot it more in the morning cause its to dark out. If anyone is looking for a great drop away rest check out the Apache!

Quote Originally Posted by Keesey View Post
    Well I just went and picked up an Apache at BP today and...... man its awesome!!! I put it on my bow and after a few minutes I had it shooting perfect. Gotta give it to NAP they made a great rest thats really quiet and extremely easy to tune and seems really sturdy
    I'm going to go out and shoot it more in the morning cause its to dark out. If anyone is looking for a great drop away rest check out the Apache!
    Yep. Best rest out there for $60. And even better than most rest costing twice as much, IMO.
    Got Rice?

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Its not the G5 that your having issues with, they are a very high quality rest built for the best. I hate to say this but its your bow, its tuned improper, You need to take everything off including nock point and peep and everything, then follow the directions. Set the rest so its squared up on the riser then go and set the nock point. Im not sure on the G5 but they probably call for 5/8 of an inch above the top spot of the rest. There are alot of articles on here on about fletch conatct and 99% of the time its the bow, not the rest. The rests these days are built to work and wouldnt sell if they didnt so go back and try some of the basics. I went through the same thing for weeks before I realized the bow was not tuned right

Quote Originally Posted by pabuckslayer08 View Post
    Its not the G5 that your having issues with, they are a very high quality rest built for the best. I hate to say this but its your bow, its tuned improper, You need to take everything off including nock point and peep and everything, then follow the directions. Set the rest so its squared up on the riser then go and set the nock point. Im not sure on the G5 but they probably call for 5/8 of an inch above the top spot of the rest. There are alot of articles on here on about fletch conatct and 99% of the time its the bow, not the rest. The rests these days are built to work and wouldnt sell if they didnt so go back and try some of the basics. I went through the same thing for weeks before I realized the bow was not tuned right
    Well if its my nock point would I move it up or down? I would be able to move the peep and sight pretty easily but I just bought the Apache and I cant tell if its contacting but it doesnt seem to be now that I changed rests.

Apache arrow rest

My apache works great, haven't had any problems what so ever. And you cant beat it for the price!

Just picked up Z7 and the apache rest. All I can say is wow!!! Like it much better then the ripcord I was using. Best traits of many other rests...

Took 20 minutes to install and adjust my Apache, a lot quieter then my PSE Phantom.
    If I nocked my arrow first then set the arrow on the rest, the arrow would hit the sight, so I removed the first angle from the top and opened the containment portion up. It may fall out if I am standing on my head now...but at least it will not clang against the sight.

What makes it better than the Trophy Taker is there is actually a holding screw at the rest end of the drop cord so you can adjust it at the rest. On the TT, you have to tie a knot in it.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

pm sent

has anybody had tuning issues with the Apache? i put one on my bow. we could not get the center shot dead on, off may 1/8 of and inch. but it is as far as it will go. im shooting a 2007 bowtech tomkat.. is there something im doing wrong? anything i can do to get the center shot perfect? reason im asking is because field tips are dead on but muzzys will not group with field tips.. thanks

apache

The only thing I don't like about the apache is it's made in China.I also had trouble loading the arrow in the top slot. it was to close to my sight. but when I tried to find on the package where it was made and it did'nt tell. I later found out where it was made, so I took it back to where I bought it.
    eman

I'll put it this way, I was very disappointed when the Apache wouldn't fit on my 82nd.
    2010 Sentinel (Ole' Reliable) w/ Nuclear Chicken Strings
    CBE
    Easton Arrows
    Scott Stainless 3-finger
    Flatliner Pro XL