Archery Talk Forum banner

Apache Arrow Rest?

12K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  bustn'nocks 
#1 ·
I currently have a G5 Expert 2 drop away on my bow and it contacts my fletching and lately I think it has been affecting my arrow flight and I cant adjust it any farther and its still contacting. Anyways I really like the drop away part of the rest and thought about trying the new NAP Apache rest. Has anyone tried it? Does it work good? Is it good quality? Is there anything bad about the Apache? Would it be worth the switch? Anything about the rest would be great. Thanks

#4 ·
In all seriousness, I actually like my Apache better than my Trophy Taker. On several occasions I have had my arrow pop out of the top slot of the TT when I've pulled my General back quickly. This has yet to happen with the Apache.

It could be something that I am doing differently, but it hasn't happened with the Apache.

#6 ·
I'm a small shop, and stock as much as I can. With 4 of these rest on the shelf I will sometimes runout. It only takes a day to refil, but the feedback is 100% good. I set up several the first week and very easy to dial in and quiet, non more. I have a qad on my bows, and would have put this rest on had they been out at that time.

#9 ·
The Apache rest is a very good rest. Full containment and all. Even the inside of containment arrow is padded so if the arrow falls off the rest or bumps the side, no noise.

The only drawback is on full containments, I like a little larger opening for the arrow to go in. The slot is in the center on the top and sometimes if you nock the arrow first and try to drop it in the slot, it will hit the sight.

That is the only thing I do not like about it. A very good rest overall.

#14 ·
Well I just went and picked up an Apache at BP today and...... man its awesome!!! I put it on my bow and after a few minutes I had it shooting perfect. Gotta give it to NAP they made a great rest thats really quiet and extremely easy to tune and seems really sturdy :thumbs_up
I'm going to go out and shoot it more in the morning cause its to dark out. If anyone is looking for a great drop away rest check out the Apache!

#16 ·
Its not the G5 that your having issues with, they are a very high quality rest built for the best. I hate to say this but its your bow, its tuned improper, You need to take everything off including nock point and peep and everything, then follow the directions. Set the rest so its squared up on the riser then go and set the nock point. Im not sure on the G5 but they probably call for 5/8 of an inch above the top spot of the rest. There are alot of articles on here on about fletch conatct and 99% of the time its the bow, not the rest. The rests these days are built to work and wouldnt sell if they didnt so go back and try some of the basics. I went through the same thing for weeks before I realized the bow was not tuned right

#17 ·
Well if its my nock point would I move it up or down? I would be able to move the peep and sight pretty easily but I just bought the Apache and I cant tell if its contacting but it doesnt seem to be now that I changed rests.

#20 ·
Took 20 minutes to install and adjust my Apache, a lot quieter then my PSE Phantom.
If I nocked my arrow first then set the arrow on the rest, the arrow would hit the sight, so I removed the first angle from the top and opened the containment portion up. It may fall out if I am standing on my head now...but at least it will not clang against the sight.

#23 ·
has anybody had tuning issues with the Apache? i put one on my bow. we could not get the center shot dead on, off may 1/8 of and inch. but it is as far as it will go. im shooting a 2007 bowtech tomkat.. is there something im doing wrong? anything i can do to get the center shot perfect? reason im asking is because field tips are dead on but muzzys will not group with field tips.. thanks

#24 ·
apache

The only thing I don't like about the apache is it's made in China.I also had trouble loading the arrow in the top slot. it was to close to my sight. but when I tried to find on the package where it was made and it did'nt tell. I later found out where it was made, so I took it back to where I bought it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.