Thread: crossbow decocking device

crossbow decocking device

Does anyone sell adevice that uncocks a crossbow without firing it?

Use your rope cocker if it doesn't have a anti dry fire safety.
    crossbows & arrows
    Fruit of the loom underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by bledorange3 View Post
    Does anyone sell adevice that uncocks a crossbow without firing it?
    Yes it is called an Excalibur! I think that there are a few out there but have not personally handled one.

The original Stryker can be cranked down without firing.
    Nothing is fool proof because fools are so ingenious.

Quote of the day : " Life is too short to shoot and hunt with a mediocre crossbow ".

..as can the TAC 15. Generally speaking there is no such device. It can be done with some compound bows by 'fooling' the anti-dryfire mechanism with a piece of arrow or dowel, but is not recommended. Handle slipping out of your grasp can result in a dryfire
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, single shot rifles and handguns

Well....there actually IS a device that uses compressed air to cushion the let down...I saw it in action at the ATA show...scared the crap out of me...Had visions of it flying off into the distace if it slipped in any way.....just shoot a field point when you are done....

Wyvern

Say ... what's with the "Bled Orange 3" handle? You shoot an alien having orange blood or something?
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

David is right. Just shoot an arrow with a filed tip. Safer for you and safer for the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
    David is right. Just shoot an arrow with a filed tip. Safer for you and safer for the bow.
    That is all I ever do and it works great..

An old arrow in the dirt sure beats coming down with "Hole in the Foot Disease".
    Nothing is fool proof because fools are so ingenious.

Quote of the day : " Life is too short to shoot and hunt with a mediocre crossbow ".

Thumbs up Decocking Device

As I promised before here is the video link to "The Decocker" the accessory that simply straps quickly to your buttstock and allows you to decock your crossbow without firing a bolt. Will be on the market in July. It works! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgMeGC4sKpA

Here's an updated video of The Decocker, check it out on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPg6te8diuY

Crossbow decocking

Just my opinion but its sooooooo easy to shoot into a small bag on the ground! Just my opinion though!Oakshunter W. Pa

It will not work with any bow with an anti-dryfire unless you dissable it with an arrow or a dowel and that first "snap" when you pull the trigger is going to shoot it somewhere. The other point is did anyone notice that the hooks almost roll over onto the top of the rail as the string was coming down. Neet idea but way too cumbersome and time consuming to be practical IMO.
    Wyvern

You go to all the trouble to cock the darn thing...... Just shoot it.

It does work with the anti-dryfire bows

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern Creations View Post
    It will not work with any bow with an anti-dryfire unless you dissable it with an arrow or a dowel and that first "snap" when you pull the trigger is going to shoot it somewhere. The other point is did anyone notice that the hooks almost roll over onto the top of the rail as the string was coming down. Neet idea but way too cumbersome and time consuming to be practical IMO.
    Wyvern
    I does work with anti-dryfire device bows, it actually comes with a tethered dummy bolt that fools the device .

Look at the Tenpoint CUB (Crossbow Unloading Bolt) It is a boidegradable arrow you shoot into the ground. A 6 pack of them costs about the same as one arrow.

Uncocking

Keep one of these, with a field point arrow, in your vehicle when hunting. Uncocking certain compound crossbows can be tricky so DON'T DO IT:-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Super "Small" Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......