Thread: Need a bow for a 9 year old boy

Need a bow for a 9 year old boy

Just wondering what my options are.

I bought my daugther, who is 9, a Truth 2 Young Gun. She is drawing 18 inches and about 24 lbs. She shoots it very well. I looked at the Diamond Razor's Edge, the Parker Buckshot, a Mission Menace and others.

I think the Bear Apprentice is a little cheaper, and still a good bow. I liked the Diamond, wasn't too hot on the Parker, and the Mission was ok.

Let me know if you've got more questions.

I bought my kids a Genesis and a Genesis mini a few years ago, nice little bows but not super accurate and not draw specific so its hard to hold the same anchor every time and they never really got that into shooting. I would like to get them a Razors Edge and a Nuclear Ice.
    31" Mathews Drenalin LD--31" Mathews Ovation
    Posten--Tightspot--Easton--G5

Somebody I love needs a heart,
    I AM AN ORGAN DONOR, ARE YOU?

I got my daughter the Mission Menance. It's super adjustable and priced right about 260.00.

My 9 year old son is shooting a Diamond Razor's Edge at 21.5"/27#. GREAT little bow with lots of room for growth. We looked at all the other youth bows, and the Razor Edge seemed to be the most well-made.

slinger
    '12 Hoyt Vector 35
    Quinn Stallion Recurve

razors edge, my son is 11 and its dead accurate out to 40 yards awsome little bow!!!

Check out the Martin Leopard. It is a great little bow with the same technology as the grown up models.

razor edge would be a good choice. the bow would grow with him and he could keep it for years.

I like the diamond edge got one for my daughter in 07, she has since lost interest. handed the bow over to my 9 yearold step son adjusted the drawlength and he's literaly shooting the strings off that little thing.
    they are easy to adjust and tune . are as accurate as anything you can get in that size/price range. also very easy for me to adjust draw length for a growing child.

Diamond nuclear ice very adjustible and accurate and a great price.

Another shout out for the Diamond Razors Edge. Great bow with lots of adjustability.

Darton's Ranger II take a look at these bows very nice and they have lots of adjustablity.

My 11 year old is shooting the Bear Apprentice. The range of adjustment is the largest I could find. The quality is good and the price is awesome.

something to keep in mind. Elite can make a GT500 with 40# limbs . I just had someone interested in one.
    AUTHORIZED DEALER !!SITKA GEAR, CORE 4 ELEMENT... ASAT CAMO... PREDATOR CAMO...OBSESSION BOWS... PRIME BOWS... PSE BOWS...BOSS BUCK FEEDERS,,GRIZZLY COOLERS,,,LONE WOLF TREESTANDS. MILLENNIUM TREESTANDS AND MANY MORE. EASTON ARROWS. GOLD TIP ARROWS,, STOKERIZED STABILIZERS,, B-STINGER AND MOST ANYTHING HUNTING RELATED WWW.SOUTHERNSTYLEARCHERY.COM

Try The Parker!

I looked at all the different youth bows for my 10 year old daughter. The Bear Apprentice, Young Gun, Darton Ranger II and III, Athens, Nuclear Ice, Diamond Razor Edge, Misson Menace, and several others I can't remember. We settled on the Parker Sidekick Extreme. A few reasons. 10 inches of draw adjustment 18-28 inches. It has a 7 5/8 inch brace height which is the largest I found in the youth bows. The bare bow comes with a string suppressor(the only other one I found that did was the Bear Young Gun) and wrist sling. Parker has a program that for $50 when your son/daughter grows out of the weight range you bought you send the bow in and they will put 50 or 6o lb limbs on it. The package price with a Whisker Biscuit, Bohning 3 pin sight and Bohning 4 arrow quiver was $349. Not the cheapest, but not the pricest either. She has been shooting new for 3 weeks and is very accurate with the bow and I am very satisfied with the quality of Parker so far. I think the sight and quiver could be better made since it is out of ABS plastic, but most youth packages are put together like that. I will probably replace the sight down the road with a more sturdy aluminum frame sight. Hope this helps.
    PSE- Bowmadness 3G
    G5 Expert II Rest
    CarbonForce Arrows
    Tru-Fire Release

I got my kids a Parker buckshot and have been very happy with it. My son is shooting it right now but have been looking at getting him a bigger bow so get a hold of me if you may be interested. It has 10 inches of draw adjustment 18"-28" I think.
    2014 Hoyt Faktor 30 28"/65lb
    Spot-Hogg Hunter 7 pin wrapped sight, Limbdriver Pro Rest, Treelimb Premium Quiver

Thumbs up

I bought my boys who are 7 and 8 and mission menace. it didnt cost a fortune and its one that they will be able to shoot for a long time. the poundage goes from 16 to 55 and draw length goes from 17 to 30 inches. For 260 bucks you cant beat that for a good starter bow.

Mathews Chill R
    Extreme exr 2000 sniper dovetales
    Easton da torch
    Carter just b cuz

My girlfriend has a pink camo razors edge. Great bow for all sizes and well made.