Thread: tennis shoe like hunting boot?

Question tennis shoe like hunting boot?

I've been reading a lot of boot threads today, and well, I'm in the market for another pair. I'm looking for a pair that fits like a tennis shoe (fairly tight to your feet and comfortable), but I want it to be waterproof, durable, and 400-800 grams of Thinsulate. The heigth of the boot doesn't matter too much, but does anyone have any options of these "idea boots" for me? I live in Alabama, and we may have a few COLD days, but the weather down here could be 32 one day, 75 the next, and then 48. It's really not predictable.
    Thanks and God bless,
    bbh19

1 Timothy 2
    2013 Hoyt Charger "blacked out"

up....
    1 Timothy 2

I shot my first doe wearing a pair of regular running shoes because I forgot my hunting boots soooo...if the shoe fits...
    My hunting partner just bought me a new pair of Kenetrek hunting boots. We discovered them at the Sportsman show we went to in the Spring. www.kenetrek.com is the website. They can be quite costly but are very high quality boots. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabowhunter19 View Post
    I've been reading a lot of boot threads today, and well, I'm in the market for another pair. I'm looking for a pair that fits like a tennis shoe (fairly tight to your feet and comfortable), but I want it to be waterproof, durable, and 400-800 grams of Thinsulate. The heigth of the boot doesn't matter too much, but does anyone have any options of these "idea boots" for me? I live in Alabama, and we may have a few COLD days, but the weather down here could be 32 one day, 75 the next, and then 48. It's really not predictable.
    Thanks and God bless,
    bbh19

I like mucks. They do get a little warm when it's hot but they are pretty much all weather. And the deer will never smell you.
    Rigginuts

"Take away a mans dreams and you will take away his soul" me

You can get a pair of Silent Stalkers from either Bass Pro or Cabelas, in insulated or uninsulated. These fit very much like a high top pair of converses.

A better choice is the Wolverine boot which fits like a nice hiking shoe...
    Black Widow PSA
    Goldtip Traditionals
    Simmons Treesharks

Alberta, I'll be sure to look into those as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

rigginuts, I have a pair now, but they don't fit as tight as I'd like them too.
    1 Timothy 2

Quote Originally Posted by jkm97 View Post
    You can get a pair of Silent Stalkers from either Bass Pro or Cabelas, in insulated or uninsulated. These fit very much like a high top pair of converses.

A better choice is the Wolverine boot which fits like a nice hiking shoe...
    Who makes the Silent Stalkers? Is it a store brand?
    1 Timothy 2

Who makes the Silent Stalkers? Is it a store brand?
    What size do you wear?
    NRA Hunters Rights Site *HSUS Watchdog Site* Join the USSA <- click here
    As of 12/31/2010, HSUS had a net worth of $187.5 million. - They want to stop ALL hunting ! GET INVOLVED TO STOP THEM!
    NJ Hunters, Join The NJ Outdoor Alliance - Click Here http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/ for more info

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry/NJ View Post
    What size do you wear?
    11 normally... sometimes 10.5 works... it really depends on the company
    1 Timothy 2

11 normally... sometimes 10.5 works... it really depends on the company
    Dang big foot I have a like new pair for sale
    As of 12/31/2010, HSUS had a net worth of $187.5 million. - They want to stop ALL hunting ! GET INVOLVED TO STOP THEM!
    NJ Hunters, Join The NJ Outdoor Alliance - Click Here http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/ for more info

Thanks Jerry... I'm real self-consience about my foot size...

Not really, but (how much?) I don't know when I'm going to purchase a new pair of boots. I have a pair of Mucks now, which are fine but a little big, but a bow is my first priority because I just sold mine, and I feel naked without one , and our season begins in 70 days, so I need to be shooting
    1 Timothy 2

Thanks Jerry... I'm real self-consience about my foot size...

Not really, but (how much?) I don't know when I'm going to purchase a new pair of boots. I have a pair of Mucks now, which are fine but a little big, but a bow is my first priority because I just sold mine, and I feel naked without one , and our season begins in 70 days, so I need to be shooting
    If they were free they wouldnt help, too small for you and me, hence the reason I am selling them. I bought the proper size as these are great boots and this is my 2nd pair. I use em for elk hunting and all early season hunting when the water levels are down and dried up.

Haha... oh, I understand. I'm really wanting an early season boot... I bought burnt up in my Mucks last year (Wetland)
    1 Timothy 2

El Segundo, CA, which is LA. Grew up in Chas SC
    anyone know where to get a good boot in size 15 ?

Quote Originally Posted by seasidehunter View Post
    anyone know where to get a good boot in size 15 ?
    Maybe custom made? You're like my friend, and he has a 16. He wears bright colored hightops, and when I slip them on, I look like Bozo. Custom made is all I can think of. It will probably cost a fortune.
    1 Timothy 2

Trust me on this one. My hunting partner has done so much research on hunting boots as he is so fussy. They must be warm, dry, comfy and last forever. This boot has met his needs entirely! They are made exceptionally well and have a fantastic warranty policy.

Alberta, I'll be sure to look into those as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

rigginuts, I have a pair now, but they don't fit as tight as I'd like them too.

I have a pair of "like Tennis" shoes I have used for years. Low top.
    I wear them right up until snow in the midwest.
    Always Thankful

la crosse alpha burly
    High Country Conquest
    Toelke Lynx
    Black Bear Warfbow
    DRT Broadheads by Dirt Nap Gear www.dirtnapgear.com

Red Head makes some pretty comfortable boots at a low price. I'm getting some Red Head Cedar Ridge non-insulated boots for my elk hunt in Colorado. Danner makes good boots as well and some are fairly good prices and Rock has some pretty good boots as well. I have some Rocky knee high zip-up boots that are waterproof and snake proof that have some thinsulate in them and they are very comfortab;e as well and I'll probably wear them as well in Colorado but I'm still going to buy the Red Heads so oif I need an extra pair.
    Elite Z28 Snow 65#: Easton Bowfire, Muzzy, Qad, Black Gold, X-factor
    Elite Energy 35:Elite Ultra rest, black gold, easton injexion, x-factor
    Elite Answer *ninja*: QAD, Black Gold, Injexion, Muzzy
    Elite Energy 32 80#

CABELA'S Uninsulated Full-Draw Hunting Boot. Very light weight and comfortable.

Merrill Reflex's will fit the bill nicely.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

i believe its red head that i have ,, very very comfy, no squeeks, water proof and scent loc, and i can wear them in the summer... look at them before you buy anything

Quote Originally Posted by Roskoes View Post
    Merrill Reflex's will fit the bill nicely.
    Merrell's rock. They also come sized to 15.0's. Wolverine's do as well.
    ______________________________ _________

In the land of the blind the man with one eye is king.

I would stop looking at hunting boots and look more at hiking boots. They will fit more like an athletic shoe, many are waterproof and warm, and you will find a ton of variety out there. I love wearing hiking boots hunting, wearing tall boots is completely unnecessary most of the time.