a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: how to adjust the trigger on a scott release

how to adjust the trigger on a scott release

just wondering how they expect you to get a tool in to do so asi cant even see if its a allen head ? anyone know or have a idea how to do so?

its a scott sabertooth, i want just a bit more tension on it

thanks
    jared

Yes it is an allen head screw. It isn't that bad to adjust with the trigger forward. If you need to know the exact size let me know, and I can check.
    Hoyt Kateta 70/28.5.......................... ..Hoyt KateraXL 60/29
    Victory 300........................... ..............Fatboy 400
    Trophy Taker rest.......................... ......AAE rest
    Copper John sight......................... ........Davis The System, CR scope
    Posten stabilization................. ..............posten

if you could look at what size that would be great, i cant seem to get one to fit, maybe because the angle.

I looked again and had it backwards. Tilt the trigger back and it is a .005 allen wrench. Tighten the screw for more tention. Hope that helps
    Hoyt Kateta 70/28.5.......................... ..Hoyt KateraXL 60/29
    Victory 300........................... ..............Fatboy 400
    Trophy Taker rest.......................... ......AAE rest
    Copper John sight......................... ........Davis The System, CR scope
    Posten stabilization................. ..............posten

got it, i am a dumb@ss i was looking at it from the wrong end, thought it went it from behind the trigger.

I just spoke to Scott archery and the Allen wrench is a .050". Clockwise to increase counterclockwise decrease effort to set off release.

I just got an Sabertooth and that thing is a hair trigger. I touch the and it releases. I haven't shot it yet as I have no arrows. Does the poundage go up under tension of the bow? I played with the screw in the trigger but don't see how that adjusts the release weight. It looks like all it does is control how far the jaws open on release. I turned it in 3.5 turns and couldn't get it over the serving on my string. It didn't feel any heavier on release either? I don't understand.

On all Scott's hunting releases they " load up " when you are at full draw with a bow. I thought the same thing when I was looking at Scott releases, with no load on the jaws of the release all you had to do was just barely touch the trigger and it would go off. After I finally shot my bow with one I found that the trigger is not near as touchy as it was with no load on it. Reallly like my Scott little bitty goose. I believe Scott has a release called the Rhino xt. That has a very heavy trigger on it. I could never get used to it, but for the right person it might work.

Thanks. I will have to mess with it when my arrows and rest come in. I was very worried about it. I will need to go back and adjust it since I have been messing with it.