Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Saw... And Rate It!

Contraband 9/10 some good twistes and alot of action.
    Misson Impossible (the new one) 10/10 I really liked it

Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

The Adventures Of TinTin 3D

We took our son to the movies last night as part of his Birthday celebration. The movie started out slow for me...I was kinda dozing off. half way through i was awoken by the audience laughter. It turned out to be a good movie. My 11 year old son and wife enjoyed it. The sea Captain was the best. 7 out of 10
    Love what you have; Be grateful for what you receive; Give what you can and always remember; what goes around, comes around... Live Well... Be Wise.
    Martin-Rytera, PSE, Browning, Samick Bows.

Red Riding Hood - It was decent.

Bad teacher...decent but Jason Siegel is funny in anything and Cameron Diaz is past her prime...rem. how hot she was in the mask
    My mind belongs to my work
    My heart belongs to my family
    My soul belongs to the woods...

I'm still slacking on my movie viewing...I'll catch back up someday! LMAO!!!

The only rental store near me that hasn't shut it's doors is blockbuster...and they've felt the economy bite and are going strictly online after they try to unload this stores shelves. The only good news on that?...cheap blu-ray for me!

Last flick i saw...

The Thing (2011)
    Not nearly as good as the 1982 film with Kurt Russel...but not bad considering. 6.5/10
    "My grandmother died suddenly at age the of 90...she fell out her tree stand while huntin' deer"

Hangover 2. It was funny, but not nearly as good as the original Hangover.

REAL STEEL

We watched it on payperview. My 11 year old son wanted to see it. We were surprised. We loved the movie!. 9 out of 10.
    Love what you have; Be grateful for what you receive; Give what you can and always remember; what goes around, comes around... Live Well... Be Wise.

Has anyone saw the new UnderWorld? I plan on seeing it tomorrow. Will post my review if no one has seen it.
    G5 Quest QS33 VT C.V Pink peep with pink & purple strings with halo serving
    Vapor Trail Pro staff: Trophy Blend shooting staff
    CNC Sling Pro staff: U-Slide Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Horses&Hunting View Post
    Has anyone saw the new UnderWorld? I plan on seeing it tomorrow. Will post my review if no one has seen it.
    We can't wait to see it too. My wife goes bonkers over the Underworld movies.

I heard its really good in 3D. Oh I'm the same way. Love those movies.
    Have you guys seen Brides Maids? That movie is freakin funny. I almost peed my pants watching that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Horses&Hunting View Post
    I heard its really good in 3D. Oh I'm the same way. Love those movies.
    Have you guys seen Brides Maids? That movie is freakin funny. I almost peed my pants watching that movie.
    Yes we have. The restroom seen will never be forgotten. LOL

LOL that was the best part of the movie. I love the part where she trys to run across the road. When I first saw that movie I was like what the heck is this. As the beginning throw me a curve ball lol.

Courageous. Awesome movie! Big thumbs up!
    Become one with nature....... Then marinate it

The Grey, save your money and wait till it comes out on tv.
    If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!

House of 1000 Corpses. Off the charts.

The Devil's Rejects. A little harder to watch but still epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcs13 View Post
    The Grey, save your money and wait till it comes out on tv.
    Damn...that sounds disappointing. I had higher hopes for this 1.
    "My grandmother died suddenly at age the of 90...she fell out her tree stand while huntin' deer"

chronical - it was good but idk. thought it would be a little better. The ending is pretty crazy though
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

A Lonely Place to Die
    6.5/10...the last bit went in a different direction & kinda tainted it for me!
    Bunraku
    Good amount of fights...decent choreography. Josh Hartnett as a cowboy like drifter in a gunless land...who can punch really fast,lmao! 7/10
    Clash of Empires
    Some of the fights weren't bad but on the whole of the movie...about a 5/10 from me.
    Blitz
    ...7/10
    Blades of Blood
    ...5/10
    Arena(2011)
    You've seen this movie(plot) before under a different title. Gory fights & naked women. Not top shelf stuff but not bad compared to many others i've seen...6.5/10
    Dylan Dog
    Zombies,werewolves & vampires. Best parts of the movie for me were the comedy bits provided by Dylan's sidekick who turns zombie. Overall though...disappointing...5/10
    Immortals(2011)
    Trying to catch people with the "from the producers of 300". Watched it earlier tonight...didn't deliver for me, 5/10

The Hunter(2011)
    Martin(Willem Dafoe), a mercenary, is sent from Europe by a mysterious biotech company to the Tasmanian wilderness on a hunt for the last Tasmanian tiger.

Not quite what i was expecting but that didn't turn out to be a bad thing...1 thing did kinda bug me though. It's made obvious his rifle can be taken apart and carried in his pack. I'm presuming when it's not made clear where his gun is...he's carrying it in his pack, but his gun seems to be oddly missing(in his pack?) roughly close to half the time he's hunting. Pretty hard to hunt/shoot something if your gun isn't quickly available to use?! Other than that, I liked it and give it a 7.5/10
    In Time(2011)
    Interesting concept for a movie. I rate it a 6...maybe up to a 6.5/10
    The Three Musketeers(2011)
    Can't say i liked it much...i give it 4.5 maybe a 5/10. I would probably favor the 93' version or better yet "The Man in the Iron Mask".

Underworld: Awakening
    If your like me & enjoyed the other 3 movies you will most likely like this 1 as well. I rate it a 6.5 to a 7/10

B4 i saw the movie I thought & hoped the 3 way species war was going to be covered more. But that was quickly summed up & the story fast forwarded 12yrs ...a pity i thought. Oh well...Selene fighting enhanced Lycans works too i guess...LMAO. I liked this better than "Evolution" but hope Underworld 5 has more bite to it than 4 did.
    Battleground
    PLOT: Six well armed bank robbers try to hide out in an abandoned house in the woods & become stranded when there vehicle is seemingly stolen in the night. They then try to walk out of the forest & soon encounter a Vietnam veteran who was mentally damaged during the war and now kills anyone who enters his forest using his military training and some tactics used by the VietCong.

Sounded pretty damn interesting to me so i checked it out. To sum it up, its a low budget B grade flick...with those facts in mind, i still found it pretty entertaining. I rate it a 6/10. Makes me wonder how this could have turned out with more cash behind it?!!!

Dead Snow
    Nazi zombie flick. Original language is Norwegian but it has an english dubbed version. The translation is a bit funny at times but you get the point mostly.
    1 of the better zombie flicks i've seen. The ending is pretty funny too...6.5/10
    Sniper: Weapon of Retaliation
    Nazi snipers...vs a group of russian snipers in Stalingrad,1942. Very long movie...over 2hrs & 40 minutes! The english subtitles on the version i have are terrible.
    The 1st 40 minutes has some decent sniper action and maybe the last 15-20 min. The story changes gears and suffers for it during the "middle" area of the movie...i almost used the ffwd button which i almost never do. 5.5/10
    Bloodrayne(3): The Third Reich
    Blood & some gore+female nudity on a low budget. Far from being vampire greatness but it was better than i expected 4.5...5/10
    Abduction
    Taylor Lautner from "Twilight". Haven't seen any of those but i didn't think this was too bad. 6/10
    The Double
    Nice to see Richard Gere in a movie again. Not too bad of a movie either...6/10
    Tower Heist
    Not overly funny but it has it's moments. 6.5/10

Cross of Iron (1977)
    Sam Peckinpah WWII movie. Definitely rates high on my favorite war movies list...8.5/10
    Recoil
    Steve Austin & Danny Trejo star in this 1. A cop turns vigilante after his family is murdered, exacting vengeance on the killers - and then on all criminals who have slipped through the system.
    Better than "Tactical Force" in my opinion but your still not missing much if you don't see this...5.5/10. Had to check it out cause i'm an Austin Fan.
    Nude Nuns with Big Guns
    A low budget grindhouse type flick with loads of nudity & some perfectly shot bullets to the foreheads of the bad guys.
    The Lead biker baddie sounds & looks,atleast to me,a bit like antonio banderas and his 2nd in command is a large blackman called kickstand...LMAO.

Could have been a much better movie but ends up being mostly a vehicle to show alot of nudity instead. Don't think it was meant to be taken very seriously anyway...3/10
    I Spit on Your Grave(unrated,1978)
    Focuses much more on the rape then the remake. Have to give the creators some credit for putting such controversial subject matter to film though. 5.5/10

I'd still have to say i love the 2010 remake over the original...much better movie all the way around and the revenge felt so much sweeter!
    Puss in Boots(2011)
    Lots of laughs and i enjoyed it quite a bit. 8/10

Moneyball...Awesome movie.Well,if your a sports fan.
    Athens Testament on the way....* Spot Hogg Boss Hogg * QAD HDX * Doinker Unity Hunter * Whalens Hooker Releases * Easton Flatline 400 * Core Archery Custom Strings * Bushnell Optics

My wife and I took our son to see the Dr. Seuss The Lorax. It was pretty good. My son thoroughly enjoyed it. We were gonna see John Carter but he changed his mind at the last minute. Looks like the John Carter movie is not doing well money making wise.

The Grey
    The short scene that comes back on after the credits have all ready started to roll is 1 of the best parts. More scenes in the movie like that def wouldn't have hurt. Glowing eyes in the dark and mostly brief & often unclear views of computer generated wolves/puppets left me wanting more. Overall,disappointing but i still liked it...but i'm in no hurry to watch it again. I give it 6.5/10. Comparable to 1997's "The Edge" but not nearly as good.
    The Last House on the Left Unrated(1972)
    The caught in the zipper scene was pretty funny. overall...6/10
    The Last House on the Left unrated(2009)
    To me it's improved over the original and i liked the plot twist. Hah ha, I guess the microwave in the movie got fixed too! 7.5/10
    War of Arrows
    Ended up seeing it and ended up liking it quite a bit...8/10
    Martyrs
    Liked it better in the latter half but not enough to raise my overall rating...6/10
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo(2011)
    I thought it a bit slow once in awhile but overall quite good. Rate it in the area of 7.5-8/10. After seeing what lengths she is willing to go to...I would not want to piss her off!

My uncle,who watches mostly only action movies, watched it with me on my 2nd time and he rated it a 7/10.
    Special Forces(2011)
    Reminds a bit of "Tears of the Sun". Not as good imo but not bad...6.5/10
    The Dead
    "The best zombie movie of 2010" is stated on the cover. Maybe so...but i wasn't all that impressed. I rate it a 5.5 at best...probably more like a 5/10.
    Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocol
    Lots of death defying moments...& equipment failure. I rate it up to maybe a 7 at best but feel more comfy with a 6.5/10
    Hodejegerne(2011)
    Known as "Headhunters" to those of us in the states. I thought it was excellent 8.5/10

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast