a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Saw... And Rate It!

The Grey
    The short scene that comes back on after the credits have all ready started to roll is 1 of the best parts. More scenes in the movie like that def wouldn't have hurt. Glowing eyes in the dark and mostly brief & often unclear views of computer generated wolves/puppets left me wanting more. Overall,disappointing but i still liked it...but i'm in no hurry to watch it again. I give it 6.5/10. Comparable to 1997's "The Edge" but not nearly as good.
    The Last House on the Left Unrated(1972)
    The caught in the zipper scene was pretty funny. overall...6/10
    The Last House on the Left unrated(2009)
    To me it's improved over the original and i liked the plot twist. Hah ha, I guess the microwave in the movie got fixed too! 7.5/10
    War of Arrows
    Ended up seeing it and ended up liking it quite a bit...8/10
    Martyrs
    Liked it better in the latter half but not enough to raise my overall rating...6/10
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo(2011)
    I thought it a bit slow once in awhile but overall quite good. Rate it in the area of 7.5-8/10. After seeing what lengths she is willing to go to...I would not want to piss her off!

My uncle,who watches mostly only action movies, watched it with me on my 2nd time and he rated it a 7/10.
    Special Forces(2011)
    Reminds a bit of "Tears of the Sun". Not as good imo but not bad...6.5/10
    The Dead
    "The best zombie movie of 2010" is stated on the cover. Maybe so...but i wasn't all that impressed. I rate it a 5.5 at best...probably more like a 5/10.
    Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocol
    Lots of death defying moments...& equipment failure. I rate it up to maybe a 7 at best but feel more comfy with a 6.5/10
    Hodejegerne(2011)
    Known as "Headhunters" to those of us in the states. I thought it was excellent 8.5/10
    "My grandmother died suddenly at age the of 90...she fell out her tree stand while huntin' deer"

21 Jump street.

We watched it the other night at the movie theater. I gave it a 7.5 out 10. A lot of good laughs.
    Lord, I thank You for the opportunity to go out on the hunt. I thank You for the time alone to think and reflect on life. I thank You for the time with hunting friends, enjoying good fellowship, good stories, meals and drinks. Thank You for the beauty seen during the hunt and for the game taken and shared. I thank You especially for a safe hunt for myself and for all the hunters who share the field. AMEN.

The Hunger Games. Really enjoyed the movie. What I thought was most cool is the lead actress (Jennifer Lawrence) got coaching from Khatuna Lorig (olympic archer). Link: http://www.lancasterarchery.com/the-hunger-games.

2013 PSE OMEN Max
    2010 PSE Omen 80lb

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.

I thought is was pretty funny. Don't watch many movies twice, but I did with this one.

Chad

The Veteran
    About a soldier returning from the war in Afghanistan and tries to re-adjust to civilian life. Entertaining to a point but not quite what i was expecting...decent gun battle to finish things out. 6/10
    Seeking Justice
    Nicolas Cage and the hottie January Jones. Not all bad...6.5/10
    Stake Land
    A vampire movie on the road. A bit different then most vampire movies i've seen...rate it close to a 7/10
    The Woman
    A twisted movie with some dark humor. A feral woman is captured & then locked up in the equivalent of a basement to be civilized. If you like a unique plot with blood & revenge this could be worth a watch. 7/10

Wanted to see this after i saw that cover image but could never find the movie anywhere......until last week when i saw it at my local Luv's gas station for like 3$.
    PLOT: A man with a thirst for revenge builds a full body armor from Kevlar and goes on a killing spree.

I thought the guy was rather unbalanced or nuts but it in the end he had a thought out plan that i didn't see coming. 6.5/10
    Supreme Champion
    A cage fighting type movie with a bunch of MMA fighters in it. Cheesy acting/fighting...pretty much everything! Only redeeming quality it has is some female nudity. Avoid this dung pile at all costs...3/10
    Never Back Down 2
    Better than i thought...but mostly only because of Michael Jai White. i rate it a 6.5/10
    "My grandmother died suddenly at age the of 90...she fell out her tree stand while huntin' deer"

21 jump street and american reunion I loved both, laughed my azz off. Had to go see 21 jump street a second time and i still laughed as hard as teh first time
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
    More action & less mystery than it's prequel. I enjoyed it and...... Robert Downey Jr. in drag = 1 ugly woman! I rate it 7.5/10

"Kill an Irishman" - was a really entertaining movie. Irish/Italian mafia movie.

Hunger Games.... I'll give it an 8 diffidently worth watching.
    If your to busy to hunt.... Then your to busy - JASE

Dragon Eyes
    Van Damme's latest. Some good fight scenes(the rake scene was probably my fav) done by a fella named Cung Le. Van Dammes on screen presence is basically limited equaling short clips/flashbacks with Cung Le's character in prison. The plot for the movie was decent but how it was done...not so much. 4.5/10

I have hopes that atleast 2 these will be much better than this movie was: Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning,Six Bullets,The Eagle Path and The Expendables 2......

Haywire
    Gina Carano was a treat for the eyes and her fight scenes weren't bad either. That was about all that was good about it. The way the story is told leaves a bit to be desired...followed by a somewhat funny 1 liner\abrupt ending . When it ended i was like...what...its over! I liked the movie but was disappointed overall...6/10

Last 2 good movies I saw were Girl With the Dragon Tattoo which I really liked.....8/10 and Contraband......pretty good, interesteing story and plot.....6.5/10

I just finished watching "Get the Gringo" with Mel Gibson on Directv. I watched it twice in a row. I enjoyed it a lot. 8 out of 10.
    Lord, I thank You for the opportunity to go out on the hunt. I thank You for the time alone to think and reflect on life. I thank You for the time with hunting friends, enjoying good fellowship, good stories, meals and drinks. Thank You for the beauty seen during the hunt and for the game taken and shared. I thank You especially for a safe hunt for myself and for all the hunters who share the field. AMEN.

Not watching/seeing many movies for the past month...spring gobbler hunting season is in session.

This Means War
    Nothing too creative plot/comedy wise...but i enjoyed it & had to laugh a few times. 6.5/10

Coriolanus
    I found the dialogue a bit hard to follow at times & the movie different overall then i was expecting but i give it a 7/10

Act of Valor
    Solid portrayal of military realism & good action...for that i give it a 7/10.
    Stronger story,acting and more character development could have made it much improved & more popular as a movie for the masses. But I think the movie accomplished exactly what it set out to do despite being weak on those.

Snow White And The Huntsman
    I give it two thumbs up(8 out 10). If you were thinking it's kiddie movie, it's not. I think it's PG13. It's got decent special affects, some good action scenes, and Charlize Theron.
    "Even if you fall on your face you're still moving forward." ............. Victor Kiam

John Carter & Safe House(2012)......i rate them both a 6.5/10

We bought Act of valor at Wally world. We're gonna watch it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    We bought Act of valor at Wally world. We're gonna watch it tonight.
    Be waiting to hear what you & yours thought about that 1. I thought it was pretty good but i can see why alot of peeps didn't like it so much.

I watched Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance earlier tonight. It's currently rated a 4.6/10 on the IMDb...so's i didn't have too high of hopes going into it.
    Don't understand why it's rated so low...but to each there own.
    Plot was basic but did it's job, action was good, a little humor, and i thought they did a pretty good job on the flames/cgi.
    I thought the rider was more like what he should have been compared to the 1st movie...but still not what it could be if they stayed truer to the comics.

Def liked it though...from here on out i'm modifying my rate scale a little bit from what i used to...i rate it 6.7/10...LOL!

I honestly don't remember the 1st movie much anymore but i do member not liking it very much...that 1's rated a 5.2/10 on the IMDb...might have to refresh my memory & watch it again...but i don't really want too

We gave Act of Valor a 8 out of 10. Knowing that the actors were not trained actors but the real deal Navy Seals was great!. I was more interested in the story. It was interesting that they brought in the Philippines. I knew of Radicals over there. I was born in the Philippines. I got a chuckle when they tried to speak Tagalog.

We watched Sherlock Holmes : A game of shadows last night. to be honest, it didn't hold our interest like the first one did. My wife pulled her Kindle out and was playing games and I was on my p.c on AT while the movie was playing. We would look up to watch during a fight seen. We gave it a 4 out 10.

BRAVE

We went to the theater today to see BRAVE.. I really don't get much into cartoons as I age but having an 11 year old son, I had an excuse to take the family along to watch it. The family gave it an 8.5 out of 10 for the entertainment and laughs. The archery stuff was sure a bonus.

The Last Samurai. Just going off now. One of the best movies in recent years. Plus has a couple kick butt archery scenes in it!
    https://www.facebook.com/GreenRiverArchery

VaporTrail / T.R.U. Ball / Tight Spot / Stan / Black Eagle Arrows / Axcel / Copper John / QAD / Carter / Ripcord / E.A.P (Extreme Archery Products) / Sword Sights / TreeLimb Quivers / Scott / CBE / Solid Broadheads / Toxic Broadheads / BiPolar Broadheads

Snow White - 7/10

Visually, very impressive. Acting was actually good despite the long pauses between the Queen's overly dramatic words. Entertaining.

Prometheus - 7/10

Again, visually, very impressive. The movie was very entertaining. The problem is the number of plot holes and remaining questions and weird circumstantial acting. It took me 2 hours of thinking to come up with the possibilities of what all the plot elements meant in the long term. Enjoyable with lots to look at but just opportunities missed and too many things left unexplained.

Captain America - 6 / 10

Kind of a ho-hum movie. Acting was good and bad at moments. The action wasn't intense. And several plot items had massive holes in them. It helps explain Avengers more (which i saw before this movie) but it really didn't drive anything for me.

The new Musketeers movie - 7 / 10

It's campy, has excellent sets, action is decent, and I like Milady. You don't take the movie seriously and it's obvious the actors don't always either. It's good fun and worthy of Flix.

Contagion - 8/10

It's not that the movie is insanely good. There just really wasn't a whole lot wrong with the movie. The acting was decent, the plot was believable, and the scenes were effective. People did what they could to survive. Plus it was actually accurate for Minnesota where I live. There are NO action sequences, no heart pounders, and no real drama. If anything the movie was more of a fake documentary on the concept. A couple unanswered situations remained, but nothing that'll keep me questioning at night. A good Flix movie.

I'm gettin so far behind watching movies these days... i been watching some and hoarding them even more.
    I would probably have to watch about 5 a day for almost 2wks at the moment to catch back up...

Wrong Turn 4
    Still have to say i liked the 1st one the best but i've seen them all now. As for actually being scary or having realistic gore...not really. I thought it was more funny than anything else but i've definitely seen worse. 5.8/10
    Husk
    Scarecrow in the corn horror flick. I've seen 1 or 2 movies in the past with the similar plots. I thought this movie was a bit better than those...6/10
    Outpost: Black Sun
    Nazi zombies. "Outpost 2"...5.5/10
    Man on a Ledge
    Gets predictable pretty fast. The brother and his girlfriend made me laugh...overall...not bad. 6.8/10
    Blackthorn
    Puts a spin on the Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid movie from 1969. This movie centers on recent events in Butchs' life nearly 30yrs after the gunfight in the 69' version and then flashbacks shortly to events that lead up to and after the shootout where they were supposed to be killed. Not in the same league as the 69' movie and i didn't care for the flashbacks so much...but it wasn't too bad. 6.5/10
    Spartacus: Gods of the Arena
    This series suffered from the loss of Andy Whitfield as the lead and was a mini-series with only 6 episodes but like the 1st season i loved about every minute of it. 9/10

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast