a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

View Poll Results: Which Cross Bow under $500 do you suggest?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barnett

2 3.92%
  • Horton

8 15.69%
  • Parker

14 27.45%
  • PSE

1 1.96%
  • Wicked Ridge

12 23.53%
  • None of the above, save and buy a different brand than above

14 27.45%

Thread: Best Brand under $1,000

Best Brand under $1,000

I am still thinking about getting a Cross Bow for the season coming up.

The prices range from $250 up to $1,000 and beyond.

Although my budget would likely keep me in the $400-$500 range for the CB only my question is of you had to pick one brand what would it be?

So, I'll put a poll up as well just to see where people's opinion seem to fall for CB's under $500.

Thanks for your participation. I'll let you know what I get as the money is burning a hole in my pocket

my choice was, and still it a parker. They make some nice bows under $500. I just bought a parker bushwacker

Excalibur vixenII phoenix-Ibex- E'cet & Vortex about that price range
    Kong Matrix 405 Fast Strong n Deadly
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

DARTON best on the market

i like barnett i shoot the penetrator but everybody has there own opion but it depends who you talk to the same way with compound bow i would try to shoot a few before you deside on the 1 you like because you are the 1 shooting it

Thumbs up

Parker Bushwacker. Lifetime warranty. Good customer support. Good entry level bow you just may keep for life.
    But, for a few dollars more...Excalibur Ibex
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, single shot rifles and handguns

Written responses pretty well spread out thus far with no clear leader. Votes exceed written reply, that is fine but it looks like there is no one overall compelling brand I suppose. Thanks.

If you want written advice, then here it is.

Horton and most Parkers dominated the sub-$500 market. They are well recognized, mainstream xbows with a track record. TenPoint decided to jump into this market with the Wicked Ridges. Lot's of new people like yourself are helping grow this market because of new states allowing the use of xbows.

They all offer good value.

My advice is to try as many of these bows as possible and then select the one that puts a smile on your face from a local pro shop!.

Because you are new to the xbow game, you will develop many questions, concerns and need quality direction and advice. Therefore, avoid the big box stores. Give those guys your business in the future (if you choose) when you are more comfortable/experienced with xbows.

That's my advice. It's not what xbow you buy, but rather what xbow dealer you buy it from.

Thumbs up Excalibur Crossbow

I own the Excalibur Equinox and the Exocet 175 If I had the money I would buy another one maybe the Ibex or the vortex. Life time warranty on all there crossbows even if you buy it used.

Thanks, I always prefer the local propshop