Thread: HELP. My peep keeps turning !!!!!!

HELP. My peep keeps turning !!!!!!

I have only been shooting for three years and idk why my peep keeps turning it's driving me nuts. What do I need to do besides go back to the pro shop.

Well Try the G5 Speed stubs they will help you .
    AUTHORIZED DEALER !!SITKA GEAR, CORE 4 ELEMENT... ASAT CAMO... PREDATOR CAMO...OBSESSION BOWS... PRIME BOWS... PSE BOWS...BOSS BUCK FEEDERS,,GRIZZLY COOLERS,,,LONE WOLF TREESTANDS. MILLENNIUM TREESTANDS AND MANY MORE. EASTON ARROWS. GOLD TIP ARROWS,, STOKERIZED STABILIZERS,, B-STINGER AND MOST ANYTHING HUNTING RELATED WWW.SOUTHERNSTYLEARCHERY.COM

Use a piece of rubber tubing

Quote Originally Posted by mattjroth View Post
    I have only been shooting for three years and idk why my peep keeps turning it's driving me nuts. What do I need to do besides go back to the pro shop.
    I use a small piece of rubber tubing that connects to the bow string and can be tied off on the compond cables or attached to the rizer then the other end is served into your bowstring above the peep site. Any well equiped bow shop will have these items and they are under $10.00 in cost.

Use a rubber tube or get a good set of custom strings with no peep rotation.
    $55 8190 String & Cable Set Sale http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2242766
    $100 Gift Card Giveaway http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2278267
    Save 10% at www.60XCustomStrings.com with promo code AT10
    Ebay Store http://stores.ebay.com/60XCustomStrings
    Credit Cards 724-543-2686 Paypal info@60XCustomStrings.com

Yea I had one of those peeps wit da tubes on my bear game over and I decided not use one when I got the hyperlite. Is there a reason y it's turning

Yea I had one of those peeps wit da tubes on my bear game over and I decided not use one when I got the hyperlite. Is there a reason y it's turning
    String stretch. Either the string has just broken in or has degraded to the point it needs to be replaced.

I barely shoot so I'm guessing just broke in. So guess u gotta get a peep wit a tube or a new string huh

If the string is three yrs old or more, that might be your problem. Get a new string is the remedy.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson 1802
    Dealer: Darton, Target Boy Targets, Specialty Archery, and more!

if you are useing a factory string, that could your issue
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo
    Spott Hogg Tommy Hogg, QAD HDX
    B-stinger 10"front 8"back
    Gold tip Pro Hunter .300

x2, is it a factory string???

yes it is a factory string

Many companies have great company strings.

Mathews, in my experience, does not.

if its consistent, then why not rotate your loop (if you use one) to counteract the string twist? should work in a pinch, but i wopuld look at replacing it with a good custom set

Quote Originally Posted by 60X View Post
    Use a rubber tube or get a good set of custom strings with no peep rotation.
    +1, a good custom string will fix the problem as well for good.
    Elite Z28 Snow 65#: Easton Bowfire, Muzzy, Qad, Black Gold, X-factor
    Elite Energy 35:Elite Ultra rest, black gold, easton injexion, x-factor
    Elite Answer *ninja*: QAD, Black Gold, Injexion, Muzzy
    Elite Energy 32 80#

[QUOTE=gridman;1058536163]if its consistent, then why not rotate your loop (if you use one) to counteract the string twist? should work in a pinch,
    I did this just last week and it worked fine for me.
    Bowtech General 71# 383GR 282FPS
    28.5 DL 31"ATA / VITAL GEAR SIGHT
    OCTANE STBLZR / D/Z REST
    STS / CARBON EXPRESS 350 Nocturnals

another option

You could also try the Bow Anchor Sight and remove your peep all together. I put one on my bow this past spring and I like it. I used a G5 meta peep prior to that and liked that too. But it's really nice to have that visual reference to ensure the EXACT anchor point each and every time. It really is a good product and will help you become a better shooter. Anyway, it's something to consider. I believe Archery Innovations will even give you a 100% money back guarantee if you don't like the anchor sight.

turns out my dloop was loose they tighten it up and everything is great again. something so simple can throw everything off. Thanks for all the suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorReal View Post
    Javi's post is interesting but needs to come with a caveat. You can only turn the string so many twists before you take the bow out of spec. ATA gets short.

I shoot the string in 50 times or so, then mark the side of the string facing you at rest with a little magic marker. Press the bow, insert peep at right height...you should know the right height in advance so you don't have to slide the peep up/down to get there.

Should be very close to OK. Shoot another 50 shots to settle things. If just a tiny bit off, you can sometimes correct by d-loop placement (align loop with peep at rest). Or, speed buttons can help here, too. I've found Mathews strings to be pretty stable. Most show no peep rotation at all after 50-100 shots....and that's true until the string nees replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctorReal View Post
    Many companies have great company strings.

Mathews, in my experience, does not.
    My strings are Mathews Factory on my DXT and my peep has not moved since I tied it on. I only had maybe 20 shots before I tied it on. I have shot it a 1000+ times and it is right there every draw!!! Baracuda Strings work just fine!!!

New strings would help, loop shouldn't get "loose." IF it did, then the center serving is worn a bit. I like a tubed peep myself, and have been using them on most of my bows since the early 90's. I do have one rig w/ a Fletcher Tru-peep, but everything else is "tubed."
    ~~Doug~~ N.O.A.H. PRO-Staffer
    2006 Hoyt Trykon XL 29"-70#'s / Alphamax 35 29" 60#
    Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme (MADE IN USA) tipped with ST Magnums
    Sword Apex Hunter / Sword Twilight Hunter with TT Micro-Adjust / Shaffer Tec Dropaway
    "What ever you say or do as a hunter reflects on all of us hunters, use good judgement!"