Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch for buckmaster elk hunt giveaway scam

Angry Watch for buckmaster elk hunt giveaway scam

Did anybody else out there sign up for a BUCKMASTER elk hunt giveaway with Lee and Tiffany and then get a bill in the mail for $137.50?
    It all started when i was wathcing BUCKMASTERS on T.V on a saturday morning. Thay were giving away a guided elk hunt with Lee and Tiffany in montana. I thought cool (WRONG). I went to BUCKMASTER.COM and signed up. About 2 weeks later i got a call saying they were about to call and just wanted to verify my info (mistake #1). Then about a week later i got another call verifying my purchase of the BUCKMATERS magazine. I then tried to tell them i did not in anyway want the magazine (mistake#2). Then about 2 weeks after that i got the first of 3 magazines in the mail. I called and tried to cancel the subscription. I asked how they got my information and they would not tell me? I then got a bill in the mail and sent in back with CANCELLED wrote across the face with black marker. For 3 more months i got the magazine and a bill each time sending it back and calling. Then i got a collection letter in the mail for $137.50 for 4 issues of BUCKMASTERS. The sticker price in the store is $3.75. Somehow i have to pay $137.50 for 4 issues of BUCKMASTERS MAGAZINE i never had any intension of wanting. Not sure if Jackie Bushman is hurting for money or what? Just wondering if anybody else got screwed?

Call the collection agency and tell them that the 3 issues you got were not as described and you mailed them back. Then if your friends with an attorney or anybody have them to write you a letter demanding that they reimburse you fro the return shipping you were out as well as gas money to travel to the post office...They will cancel your subscription immediately and you wont here from them anymore..Atleast I didnt.
    A wise man once said...."Its not important what you shoot, rather Where you shoot it"

This is one of literally hundreds of stories like this about Buckmasters. I wish the hunting community would rise up and put an end to that company. Don't ever buy a single item they put their name on

Man, if I tried to rip as many people off as this guy has I would be in jail!

How do you think Jackie Bushman paid for that big ranch on the milk river in Montana? By ripping off innocent people, thats how. With all of the stories I've heard about Buckmasters I don't know why someone don't shut them down!

Took me forever to get this POS company off my back when my wife signed me up for a "free hunt of a life time"

so just let me ask you Jackie..."How's your hunting season goin"
    Drink alittle drink, smoke alittle smoke.

I'm forgetting what I forgotten

Glad i didn't sign up for that.

Signed up for a free deer hunt a few years back and they billed me for a 5 year subscription that I did not want. Then they called to ask why I did not pay it. They tried to rip me off. They still call occasionally reading some goofy script to try to get you to subscribe. One guy try to act like I was stupid for not taking it such a great price.

This left such a bad taste in my mouth I want buy any products that are associated with these crooks. I was in the market for a new scope The Nikon"Buckmasters" would have been perfect but I would not buy it because of this.

I can't stand Buckmasters.

Wouldn't that be a form of false advertising? They said a free elk hunt, not a free elk hunt with a membership subscription. Unless of course it's in fine print on the free hunt sign up page. I've been around for a while (an feeling it too) and I've learned a lesson in life. NOTHING IS FREE
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS THANK A TEACHER, BECAUSE IT'S IN ENGLISH THANK A SOLDIER

For every regulation or law the govt. makes they should have to repeal 5 old ones.

Thanks for the heads up!

I entered for the hunt giveaway and have received at least twenty five calls trying to get me to register for the subscription and purchase products and I have avoided the last fifteen calls but they continue to keep calling anyway..

Terrible organization. What people really need to do is to write people like Lee, Tiffany and Waddell and let them know what type of scam they are running at buckmasters and what type of people that they are associating with. Maybe if we hit some of these people in their pocketbooks, things would change. I personally have no respect for people like Lee, Tiffany and Waddell, knowing that they run with this crowd and you now that they all know what is going on because they are on this site on occasion and read about this stuff Jackie is pulling. Has anyone ever heard of a positive remark about Buckmasters or Jackie Bushman?
    2009 HCA Speed Pro
    29" 70# 7 Pin Cobra Sidewinder sight, Ripcord Rest, Cobra Impact Gel stabilizer, Chappy Boss Caliper, Custom Sling, Gold Tip XT Hunter's @ 28" & 560 grains!, Custom Yellow/Black Winners' Choice strings/cables. Custom tune by www.probowtune.com

Buckmasters has no class!!!

They are definately a terrible, harassing company. I signed up for a free hunt last year and the phone never stopped ringing. Everyday 3-5 times a day. Even at 9pm. It's totally redicules. I haven't got a call since I blew my top at one of the telemarketers. I know it was only his job, but I couldn't take it anymore.
    The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, and hunt. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still.

I like those guys, just wish they would cut ties with Buckmasters altogether. They can easily stand on their own names without being involved with those Buckmasters folks.

Speaking of Tiffany (first hit on a google search)....

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2505

Wow. Sounds like JACKIE BUSHMANN has screwed over a lot of people? I also will never buy anything that he promotes. I hope companys that sponsor his show or magazine wake up. I finally opened up one of the magazines and have looked at the ads inside and will no longer be using any product inside.

The exact thing happened to me... Unfortunately I just paid it to get them off my back

I just remembered about that Buckmaster bad experience I had way back a couple years. I still have one of their magazine that I kept to remind myself not to fall for scammers. Its also one of their TV commercial with offers that I took and gave them my CC. Took me forever to cancel and didnt get my refund. I am so afraid that they would continue to charge me something else so I asked the CC company to cancel my card and gave me a new account.
    Be careful with the info-mercial scheme.

BUCKMASTERS SUCK..............

I have yet to hear anything good about them and I have had some bad experiences with them as well.
    Proud Member of Team OverKill
    Rage Digger ProStaff
    #1 Florida State Seminoles
    Defending National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by yelton720 View Post
    I entered for the hunt giveaway and have received at least twenty five calls trying to get me to register for the subscription and purchase products and I have avoided the last fifteen calls but they continue to keep calling anyway..
    Can almost guarantee you ain't going on a free hunt. LOL
    IF YOU CAN READ THIS THANK A TEACHER, BECAUSE IT'S IN ENGLISH THANK A SOLDIER

For every regulation or law the govt. makes they should have to repeal 5 old ones.

They tried me for this last year " as they were helping handicap kids take hunting trips " I really wanted to buy the mag to help out the kids, but they were so rude about what a great deal I was passing up that I didn't go thru with it.

Yeh they're pretty much a scam company nowdays. Sorry you had to learn the hard way. Unless they have your SSN or credit card number, etc., just don't pay them. They can't do anything because they can't report it to any credit bureau, etc. They will try to scare you into paying, don't go for it. They also don't have anything where you agreed to it. It's all scare tactics/terrorism and they get rich from people scared of what they might do.
    "Git 'er Done!" - LTCG

Wow this is about the hundredth story I have read here on AT about Scammasters. How are they still around?

I've had nothing but problems with Buckmasters trying to get me to renew. I've told them over and over that I don't want to renew. I've sent every bill back with cancel written on it. I haven't heard from them this month so maybe it's finally over.

Jackie Bushman is just a pimp. I can't stand how that organization is run. None of the other magazines that I get are like that.

My wife and I signed up to go to the Expo last year (had to be a member for the special ), and they still call trying to get me to renew. For several months it was three or four calls a day. Never again for this ol boy.

Happen to me as well a few years back i can't even stand to see Jackie on tv i change the channel every time i see him or his so called free hunting trip give away he is such a crook .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast