Archery Talk Forum banner

Iceman wanted dead or alive!!!!!! D.i.y. Ghost blind

85K views 264 replies 134 participants last post by  ohiohoytshooter 
#1 ·
Oh no...UH OH....OH MAN!!!!! LOL, I did it again...there I go makin people angry!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, you have waited long enough to see what I had in store these past few months, well- thanks to an AT member who wishes to remain anonymous generously donated the plexiglass so you all could have this video, I have constructed a DIY "casper" blind :wink: Not only was I able to make this for under $100, I got it all on video...YOUTUBE VIDEO COMING SOON!!!!! Here are a few pictures to warm you up. We still aren't done 100%, but the construction aspect of the project was finished today. there are still a few things that I need to finish in order to complete the video...probably a week or so.

See less See more
#10 ·
Man if you could make a whole encloser with that stuff, you would be a killing machine!

#22 ·
lol im going to try and answer some of your questions in one post...so bear with me. I thought about making it a full enclosure, but I think that kind of defeats the purpose...you can build a shooting house and leave it up year round and deer won't even look twice at it, so the portable one is the one that I went with. The reflections aren't bad at all, the panels are angled down to the ground, so sun won't affect the blind, most of these photos were actually taken while the blind was in direct sunlight. Right now it weighs around 25-30lbs at 4 panels and 12-15lbs 2 panels. I am trying to figure out a way to make it lighter, but still retain its rigidity...this is going to be installment videos, there is going to be a video that outlines how to do this one, and when I come up with videos on how to make it better, they will be up right away. The video itself answers just about all the questions you may have...its pretty straight forward, Ishow you the dimensions, how to cut, what to cut, how to get the angles, how to make it a mirror- even how to make the little bungee ball tent stakes that come with the original, and how to hide from the mob :wink:

#25 ·
the panels are angled down, the deer woul have to be inches away from the blind in order to have a reflection...the blind only reflects the ground in front of it.

#27 ·
Oh no...UH OH....OH MAN!!!!! LOL, I did it again...there I go makin people angry!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, you have waited long enough to see what I had in store these past few months, well- thanks to an AT member who wishes to remain anonymous generously donated the plexiglass so you all could have this video, I have constructed a DIY "casper" blind :wink: Not only was I able to make this for under $100, I got it all on video...YOUTUBE VIDEO COMING SOON!!!!! Here are a few pictures to warm you up. We still aren't done 100%, but the construction aspect of the project was finished today. there are still a few things that I need to finish in order to complete the video...probably a week or so.
So the plexiglass was donated and you still have about $100 in it? Those of us who don't have access to free plex might as well just go get the "store-boughten" one. Wouldn't be saving anything by making one.

#31 ·
actually NOT, i priced it WITH the plexiglass...overall I personally spent $30 making this with the donated plexiglass...if you were to buy your own plexiglass then that's where its around $100...and even if it was $200 to make it, the MSRP of this thing on the website is $300+shipping+accessories...I think that there is a package deal for $400+shipping....knock yourself out dude...I'll make my own.

#28 ·
It's pretty cool to look at. I dont think it really is superior to a regular blind?
whats the advantage??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.