Archery Talk Forum banner

ASAT Rain Gear? What's the deal?

7K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  boarman1 
#1 ·
I've been keeping an eye on the release of the new ASAT rain gear for about a month now. Originally it was supposed to be "available" on the 15th of August, but that got pushed back to the 20th. Their website still says it's available on the 20th, but today is the 22nd and there is still no update in their online store. I posted on message on their facebook page, and sent an email to vanish@asatcamo.com and haven't heard a peep.

Does anybody here know anything? All I want is some info, maybe a picture or two to know what they are going to made of, etc. Maybe even a price point or something. Ok, I'm just looking for something!

-Mike in MD

#3 ·
I decided to go old school today and just pick up the phone and call them. :D Talked to a very nice lady who gave me a little info. Turns out it's going to be at least a couple more weeks. It's going to be a 2 piece set of light weight packable rain gear, and it's going to run around $100. No details on materials, but they will post a pic of it as soon as they have it.

That's all folks.

#8 ·
They are like nothing I've ever seen, they call it "Lotus Exhale Nanobarrier", it's made up of 3 layers, the outermost is polyester. Kind of feels mesh-like to the touch, but obviously it's not...that wouldn't make very good rain gear. It's supposed to be rain proof, wind proof, and breathable. I guess I'll find out soon.

#9 ·
It is in. They are suppose to be shipping now. Some sizes came in last Thurs i think. I just received some yesterday for a customer. The larger sizes (XXL) suppose to have came in This past Thur and should be shipping now.
It is as packable as the cabela's stuff. Seems like it is going to be quiet too.

#13 ·
This is my 2nd season with the rain gear, and while I started off pretty happy with it....I'm not really that impressed anymore. It rained a lot early this year and while it held up pretty well...I'm not sure how much longer it will last. The material is VERY quiet, but it NOT breathable. I found myself sweating like crazy and my gear underneath the rain gear was wet to the touch...so much so that I thought it was leaking (but it wasn't).

In my opinion if you're looking for a light packable rain gear to break out in case of emergency...the ASAT rain gear is perfect. If you're looking for something to walk around in, and wear on an all day sit on a rainy day....this isn't for you.

Hope this helps.
-Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.