a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever hear of Punch Cuttter broadheads

Ever hear of Punch Cuttter broadheads

I bought a box of Archery stuff off of ebay last week and in this box was a brand new package never opened Punch Cutter Broadheads 75 Grains. Has anyone ever heard of these and have you hunted with them.

Also in this box was 5 Bear Green Super Razor heads the main reson I bought it. Also 125 grain Thunderheads new in the box. A finger Tab abd Shooting glove an old Scot caliber release, Bear hair rest, and a tape Bear bowfishing rig (No Arrow) last but not least sveral different length Dacron bowstrings 52inch and 60 inch.

All for the low low auction price of $29.35 plus shipping I think I did well for myself what do you all think. Ebay has a lot of old bow stu.ff at very cheap prices.

Punch cutters were one of the first mechanicals out there. I think they hit the market in the late 80's or very early 90's.
    Bowtech Boss or Xpedition Perfexion will be next.
    Bowtech Experience, TT Smackdown pro, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Tribute - Dads last bow now retired

Quote Originally Posted by lunghit View Post
    Punch cutters were one of the first mechanicals out there. I think they hit the market in the late 80's.
    Were they any good

Quote Originally Posted by ToddRvs View Post
    Were they any good
    I wouldnt use them. I had a few back then and they seemed very cheap with thin blades and had a small two blade cutting diamater.
    Bowtech Boss or Xpedition Perfexion will be next.
    Bowtech Experience, TT Smackdown pro, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Tribute - Dads last bow now retired

This thread brings me nightmares. Whether my own fault or not, back in 90 or so, I worked at a shop, and we were just getting started on the speed kick. I had a golden eagle that I put a huge overdraw on with a 2 prong rest. I shot 26" 2013 @ 60 #. That bow shot like a dream, and I was stoked for the Opener. A week or so before opening day these new broadheads came into the shop and they allowed me to center up my rig much better than the thunderheads.( risers weren't cut out for broadhead clearance with overdraws back then) I was in my stand opening morning, a little buck walks in, I get the draw on him, hit the release and missed him by 4 feet. I was devastated. He jumped back on high alert. I nocked another and let it fly. Another miss by a mile. He ran off. I looked at my bow and there were 2 cuts in my riser where the punch cutters had opened on the shot. OOPS. I guess I should have tried them before hunting with them, but they were the first FLY JUST LIKE YOUR FIELD POINT heads. PFFFFFFT. Live and learn. I guess if they were in front of the riser, they might have worked, but I was biased against them from that day on.

PRIME BOWS- WHERE ACCURACY IS EVERYTHING

MOON SHINE ATTITUDE ATTIRE- GET YOUR SHINE ON!!

spin test before use, some good most were junk....
    stephen J.Bear...

The were the biggest POS broadheads to ever hit the market.

I used them for a couple years and they were ok... I killed several does, but I lost the biggest buck of my life shooting one of these heads, but I attribute that to being more shot selection than the broadhead.

Save you money and buy some of the more recent offerings of mechanical heads...

these are the grandfather of mechanicals, they were marginal at best, we shot them and had fairly good success, i remember one test we did however that really surprised us, we took several broadheads and shot them through a 55 gal drum, some didn't make, kolpins, tracker, rocky,some did, old 2 blade bear, muzzy, bow bullitt, titan, and believe it or not the punchcutter, and that head saw more abuse than the other heads because we kept shooting it over and over, took five shots to break one of those tiny blades, we were blown away! we also shot a piece of 1/4 lexan (bullit proof up to 357 mag) with a muzzy and shattered it into 5 pieces!! we were shooting my 94 lb onieda! dont use them, throw them away and use the old bear heads they are super heads!
    Obsession bows pro staff
    Wicked Rack Outdoors
    Trophy Ridge
    Gold Tip

Gotta say that the punchcutter was the biggest flop of a broadhead I've ever seen. I shot 2 deer with them. Both times the broadhead shaft came apart when it hit a rib. I still have the last broadhead that came in the pack of 3. dcl

punch cutters were horrible heads...not very durable at all

Oh yea....PunchCutters! I worked in a shop that pushed them hard. We had a video running on a loop constantly showing the PunchCutters being shot through plywood etc..

A number of our customers swore by them, but my one and only experience was terrible. I had the ferrule of a PunchCutter literally break in half on a shoulder shot of a small buck.

I still have a 3 pack sitting in my collection brand new in the package!
    "when the turkeys aint gobblin.......it's tough to make em stop!"

They were started in Connecticut , one of the inventers/ investers was Eric Hall, a world class shooter in his own right. They just never really caught on for many reasons. all bad.

Looking for punch cutter broadheads do you want to sale them?

I bought a box of Archery stuff off of ebay last week and in this box was a brand new package never opened Punch Cutter Broadheads 75 Grains. Has anyone ever heard of these and have you hunted with them.

Also in this box was 5 Bear Green Super Razor heads the main reson I bought it. Also 125 grain Thunderheads new in the box. A finger Tab abd Shooting glove an old Scot caliber release, Bear hair rest, and a tape Bear bowfishing rig (No Arrow) last but not least sveral different length Dacron bowstrings 52inch and 60 inch.

All for the low low auction price of $29.35 plus shipping I think I did well for myself what do you all think. Ebay has a lot of old bow stu.ff at very cheap prices.

Were they any good
    No.
    If it looks like crap, smells like crap, tastes like crap, lies like crap; it’s more than likely a politician from Illinois.

I know a guy that still shoots them ,if he see any for sale he buys them up .He has killed about 100 plus deer with them .I think he likes the 65 grain heads .
    Wild Turkey Ridge & Twin Oaks ( Both gone but not forgotten )
    TRU Ball Staff
    All black Chill X : )
    All black Chill X

I was hunting with a friend in 1991 and we both got our first deer with a bow that morning. He used a punch cutter and killed a big doe with no problem. He did hit it in the lungs, though.
    "I tasted fire, I'm ready to come alive."

Trinity Archery field staff

I killed my first two bow deer, a doe and a buck, with them back in '94. They were pretty much junk by todays standards. I hit both deer perfectly, double lung, breaking one head at the feruls.
    "my doggie turned to me and he said, let's head back to Tennessee Jed"
    "Gonna scare you up and shoot ya, Mister Charlie told me so"
    I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

they are a big reason why we could not get to use mech -heads in OH for a long time...put them on a arrow & spin test they flop around like a break dancer. might as well use a field point ...........
    stephen J.Bear...

Quote Originally Posted by YRhinefield View Post
    The were the biggest POS broadheads to ever hit the market.
    +1, absolute garbage.

First broadhead I killed a deer with. Shot them from a Screaming Eagle bow with a 2" overdraw. Killed every deer I shot with them..some shots not so good. I have to say I'd rather go back to them instead of using Rage BH's.
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix ld
    Hoyt UltraElite & Pro Elite

Were they any good
    To use a technical term, they sucked! Thin, very bendable blades; unpredicatable deployment. In a word, no.

Junk

Were they any good
    i used those when i first started, i would NEVER use them again.

Not a very good head, I still have one or two, not sure if I have all the blades

And don't forget about the pucketts bloodtrailers!!!
    Darton DS 3800
    Hunting- the act of one that hunts; specifically: the pursuit of game.
    Game- WILD animals hunted for sport or food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast