Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bows made in the USA

Bows made in the USA

After looking into some issues I'm having with my PSE, I see that some of their parts are made in China.
    ARE THERE ANY bow maufacturers that are built in the USA? I don't mean assembled but, designed, machined, built, the whole 10 yards. I sure hope everyone isn't buying this Chinese crap for their bows.

If I'm not mistaken... Bowtech / Diamond are completely manufactured in the USA

bowtech is made in the usa

Quote Originally Posted by ivacic View Post
    bowtech is made in the usa
    beat ya

Quest by G5 is designed and built in Michigan
    Nothing to see here

Mathews
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

Athens and NBA are USA made
    May's Custom Archery

Quote Originally Posted by tutone500 View Post
    Athens and NBA are USA made
    +1 on the Athens.
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff, VaporTrail Pro Staff, Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter, Paradigm Archery Pride Staff, Tru Ball Shooting Staff,

Darton bow are built in Hale, michagin

Thumbs up Maitland USA

Maitland USA bows are made entirely in the USA.
    Drape's Archery...The Best Archery Shop In Western NY!

Athens grade a 100% USA made.

One would have to define what "made in the USA" means. When someone says Mathews, does that mean monkey tails and dampening discs? Hoyt, limbsaver and grip?, Bowtech's rollerguard materials, PSE, backstop rubber, etc... PSE has their CNC machines in Tucson, USA and all the raw aluminum, designing engineers etc... is machined, dipped, etc... there, but that is the only archery plant that I personally have toured. I don't know about all the bow manufacturers but... I bet some parts on most bows are outsourced/extruded/molded in China. And, I wager that they do not go out of their way to point out that dissapointing little fact in their marketing strategies. Probably not popular with bow shooters in the US for PSE or the other big companies to put "Mostly made with parts from USA" in their ads.

I'm pretty sure that Bear is made in the good ole USA. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

I have been thinking a lot about our general state of the USA economy. I am to the point that a new national push for "buy American" should me made at every level in the industry. Not just hunting and fishing, but in more products to create a new level of demand of "buy American" products. The industries will follow the money, but it has to be a sustained effort. Good thread about hunting products.

Quote Originally Posted by PSEshooter29 View Post
    After looking into some issues I'm having with my PSE, I see that some of their parts are made in China.
    ARE THERE ANY bow maufacturers that are built in the USA? I don't mean assembled but, designed, machined, built, the whole 10 yards. I sure hope everyone isn't buying this Chinese crap for their bows.
    can you elaborate on the parts that were made in china? the guy they buy their bearings from is in the US, where he gets them I dont know, limbs, risers, cams, pockets and anything that is machined is done right at the factory in Tucson AZ. Dip, paint and anodizing is done in Tucson as well, assebly, Strings are all BCY product, low end strings are made in house at PSE and high end are outsourced to America's Best Bowstrings which are 100% BCY product as well.

the only thing that I can think of as for outsourced parts would be thimbles for the buss cables and maybe spacers but I am not sure of that either since PSE has a molding machine in house and even molds their peep sites that come with the bows. Axles I think are done in the US to since the steel quality is very important for these high performance bows.

man I am talking my way through the entire bow here, but I honestly cannot think of anything that is made outside of the US unless you are shooting a PSE Crossbow (Sidewinder or Copperhead) or a silverhawk.

later
    jkeiffer
    If it Walks swims or flies,it Dies
    There are two types of Pro, Promotional and Professional
    Multiple bow brands including frankenbows (PSE, Athens and CSS)
    Authorized PSE Pro Series and Main line dealer

if i am not mistaken Martin bows are all made in Walla Walla, Washington. Maybe some of the small parts like bearings are made in China but is there a US bearing maker???

I imagine that most bows materials do not come from the USA. I think that most risers are bought, and then cut here. The engineering is all done here of course, so that is where the real money is going, but alot of parts arent from here...

Do you really think an American would work for a company making rubber monkey tails... They couldnt pay any of us near enough! The cost would be outrageous hahaha
    Shooting: it's what you should be doing instead of reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by arkie View Post
    I have been thinking a lot about our general state of the USA economy. I am to the point that a new national push for "buy American" should me made at every level in the industry. Not just hunting and fishing, but in more products to create a new level of demand of "buy American" products. The industries will follow the money, but it has to be a sustained effort. Good thread about hunting products.
    Tell that to Wall Marks.

They threw Sam's made in the USA program in the trash as soon as he was gone........

Elite....made in USA....NY

Darton Bows are made in the USA

Most bows companies that claim made in the USA will have gotten some materials or components that orginate from another country. Made in USA and assembled in the USA are not the same thing.
    A man's got to know his limitations!

Quote Originally Posted by obart View Post
    Elite....made in USA....NY
    Headquarters for Elite is in NY...but NOT made in NY.
    Drape's Archery...The Best Archery Shop In Western NY!

Quote Originally Posted by jkeiffer View Post
    can you elaborate on the parts that were made in china? the guy they buy their bearings from is in the US, where he gets them I dont know, limbs, risers, cams, pockets and anything that is machined is done right at the factory in Tucson AZ. Dip, paint and anodizing is done in Tucson as well, assebly, Strings are all BCY product, low end strings are made in house at PSE and high end are outsourced to America's Best Bowstrings which are 100% BCY product as well.

the only thing that I can think of as for outsourced parts would be thimbles for the buss cables and maybe spacers but I am not sure of that either since PSE has a molding machine in house and even molds their peep sites that come with the bows. Axles I think are done in the US to since the steel quality is very important for these high performance bows.

man I am talking my way through the entire bow here, but I honestly cannot think of anything that is made outside of the US unless you are shooting a PSE Crossbow (Sidewinder or Copperhead) or a silverhawk.

later
    jkeiffer
    Isn't it amazing how little some people know. One person starts a rumor like the post the OP started then it goes wild. He made a plain statement, didn't back it up, didn't really say anything specific and then the expert bow builders jump in with information they can't back. But I do agree not every single part for every single "product(bow or other wise) made in the USA" comes from here. But it's a fact of life and it isn't going to change. But the bottom line is 99 point something of all bows are in fact made right here-----the major parts. Yes there are maybe bolts, washers or very minor parts come from else where, but guess what everything you own is also built that way.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

jkeifer;
    I have been having alot of problems with my draw module slipping on the lower cam of the AXE 6. I called PSE and they sent me a new cam becaus ethe original was so messed up. When it came in the mail it had a little tiny made in China sticker on the inside of the plastic bag it was in. I too thought that PSE machined all their parts right there in Arizona. Now, not everyone with an AXE or Vendetta is having this same slippage problem so maybe some are made in AZ and aome in China?
    I'm a machinist by trade, and this aluminum on the cam is very soft. Way softer than the 6061T6 material we work with.

Quote Originally Posted by TREESTANDSNYPER View Post
    Headquarters for Elite is in NY...but NOT made in NY.
    They make those in MI - much better state
    Nothing to see here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast