a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: home made deer food,

home made deer food,

i was told that c'mere deer was nothin more than sugar and vanilla extract, if i were to mix crushed corn, sugar, and vanilla, would it be one heck of a deer mix?

I think youd do better with straight corn and molasses. Or just corn ive tried C'mere deer and waste of money, put it next to corn and they never even touched the stuff. Id be willing to try some again but i wouldnt pay to use it.

I heard the expression..C'mere deer Good bye money!

I have had good luck with "buck Grub" made by the folks that make acorn rage. I have had it out in a pile beside corn and they never touch the corn till the grub was gone. I was very surprised by that because the bag of stuff that I had was in my basement open for two years, i was trying to get rid of it.....
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I saw a thread on another forum where some people are using grape kool-aid, powdered sugar, and a few other ingredients.
    '09 Martin Bengal
    Trophy Taker Xtreme SL
    Tru-Ball T-handle
    Copper John Dead Nuts

Going to have a lot of diabetic deer running around there!

we use grape kool aid for hog hunting....we dig a small hole and pour it in the hole and cover it up, and the hogs root it up to get to the kool aid...we also soak corn in grape kool aid for about a week and put it out....i am going to try it for deer hunting this year, but i am just going to mix it with my corn....

i never had luck with the Cmere deer powder...alot of luck with the Cmere block though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy517 View Post
    I have had good luck with "buck Grub" made by the folks that make acorn rage. I have had it out in a pile beside corn and they never touch the corn till the grub was gone. I was very surprised by that because the bag of stuff that I had was in my basement open for two years, i was trying to get rid of it.....
    I have also had good luck with Buck Grub. Works good i think

I had good luck with 50lbs of soybean meal (rice meal also works), 1/2 lb of sugar, and 3 caps of vanilla extract. I mixed the dry stuff, dumped it on the ground, then poured the liquid on top.
    2010 Bear Assault, doinker multirod (custom 11 inch) HHA ds 5519
    SIXX STRINGS ADDING X's TO EVERYTHING WE DO!! www.sixxstrings.com
    Quote Originally Posted by fletched View Post
    It may be brown, but it ain't fudge they are trying to feed to us AT members.

cmere deer

i did a test area last year as we cant hunt with bait here in michigan.I watched deer 3-5 ft from areas sprayed with cmere deer never touch it.wrote to the compnay with the results and was told they would get back with me. well its a year latter and never herd back.I tested it out ,and even though we cant hunt with it,i was not impressed with it at all in our area.
    Rocket ,Trophy Ridge ,Stryker Crossbows

ive been using primos new swamp donkey this year and the deer love it.

The best way I have seen to use the CMere Deer is to find an old stump, not pine, and put the liquid on to it. Do it when it's dry so it will soak it up, and reapply. This also works with the small blocks of apple or persimmon, but it takes a little rain to get them soaked in. The deer will eat the stump.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    cmere deer

i did a test area last year as we cant hunt with bait here in michigan.I watched deer 3-5 ft from areas sprayed with cmere deer never touch it.wrote to the compnay with the results and was told they would get back with me. well its a year latter and never herd back.I tested it out ,and even though we cant hunt with it,i was not impressed with it at all in our area.
    Thats what my brother in law did he had a small plot and he sprayed everything in that little are down with it and he didnt see a deer there for a long period of time. I think corn is the best attractant also heard putting salt on stumps is good.

Plain old shelled corn. About as homemade as you can get and deer like it as well as anything I know besides acorns.
    Prov 16:3 "Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed."

We use corn, but also alfalfa hay. They love the stuff. They are hitting it right now, but ignoring the corn.
    Become one with nature....... Then marinate it

I was thinking about doing corn, acorns that i gathered, peanut butter (chunky) mixing it all together and rubbing it all over a stump or something

I had a trail cam that was just getting pics of coons & tree rats so for the heck of it I put some Motts applejuice in a spray bottle. I sprayed the ground & some trees & got 157 pics of deer the next 2 days (not 157 diff. deer) but the applejuice brought them in . After it rained no more deer so when I go out hunting I'm going to bring a spray bottle with applejuice or cider in it to bring them in!

these are some good ideas on how to get deer to frequent the area covered by my trail camera. Around me there is plenty of corn and beans that are not harvested until late in the bow season or into gun season. i need to do something different to get them near the camera where i can get an idea what is around that area!

I talked to an old Amish fella that was building my shed, we got to talking about deer hunting and he told me that because of their lack of hunting time in the schedules the Amish have come up with many tricks to get the deer in. Most of them were ones mentioned here or other that I have heard before but the one that was new to me and really works is the salt lick trick. Now this won't be good this year because its too late but he told me to go out to my stand area in April / May, dig a trench about a foot deep and 3 foot long and dump a bag of salt pellets in the hole. By the time hunting season rolls around the salt has begun to fester out of the ground and the deer are killing it! Works for me and I don't feel I'm just throwing bait down and hoping for some deer to find it.

Add salt and beef minerals together 50/50 makes a great mineral lick. Also is great for antler growth early in the year.

feeding deer that stuff during the season here in Vermont is illegal... They frown upon it, and call it "baiting" So I have never touched the stuff, not worth the fine.... But up at camp my family uses apples TONS of apples.... We go up there with huge bags and spread them all around where our trail cams are located.... This is BEFORE the season starts so it IS LEGAL...

c'mere deer would be legal before the season starts also but I have just never tried it.

Had an old longbow hunter (I think he was almost 70) tell me to try vanilla extract in a spray bottle. He said it would bring the deer in "on a string". Never tried it, but might this year.

Maybe the Cmere Deer users should put the stuff out where you dont want the deer to be.
    If there is a way to shoot myself in the foot, I would most likely miss anyway.
    Illinois Bowhunters Society member

when i comes to spraying some juice around the area i want deer to frequent which is better to use, cider or 100% juice???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast