a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dead groundhog!

My dead groundhog!

Anyone here take offense to my avatar?? I haven't heard any complaints but plan on more visibility on this sight and should consider being more PC.... I really enjoy my dead groundhog though.

Would look better with multiples.
    LH 2013 Elite Pulse Ninja, MBG AMP 4-Pin, QAD HDX, Doinker Chubby Hunter
    LH 2010 Quest Primal, MBG AMP 4-Pin, QAD HDX, Doinker Chubby Hunter

I always thought that was a doe due to the picture being so small. Glad you cleared things up for me as I was a little offended at first. I just rationalized it by thinking that it had to be an accident. That's really funny. I always wondered if you were one of those "in da' face" type of guys. LOL
    Work hard. Be happy. Annoy a Liberal.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL (Crackerized!) #61/31" DL (Gold Tip Pro ~ 455 grains @ 290 fps = 86 lbs. KE!)
    University of Washington; Foster School of Business Alum

You being from the Youngstown area I thought the groundhog would have AK-47 holes through it!!! Just kidding, sort of...
    (I live in Columbiana btw...)
    Mark 9:23 "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."

Mathews, 60X Custom Strings
    Mathews Triumph, Mathews ChillX
    Truball

Your'e not going to make everyone happy even had the pic been of you feeding it a carrot.
    Nock Point Archery

I'm offended. Not enough gore.
    Hoyt Vectrix

Where's the blood and guts?!?!
    Shooting: it's what you should be doing instead of reading this.

You sure the critter is dead? Not so sure you hit the vitals.

Looks like you need to up your poundage to get a pass thru. Joking of course. Nice shot.
    2011 K&K Vengence 26.5"/60 with broken cam😡

Nice groundhog! Here's mine This is what happens to you when.......
    1) You don't read the "No soliciting" sign.
    &
    2) When you peek in my front door to see what's going on inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 PSE Full Throttle 26.5" DL, 60lbs, CJ Mark III sight, AQ Custom Rods,PSE X Weave Pro 300, 85 Grain Grim Reapers
    2014 PSE Full Premo Breathn Custom SHW Prairie, CJ Mark III sight, PSE Phantom rest, PSE Pro X Weave 300, 85 grain Grim Reapers

as long as you shot it legally, with a broadhead and tried to ethically hit the vitals, then i say your good to go. but if if you cant answer yes to all 3 of those questions, then you better get rid of it. the AT Ethics Police will be after you.

nice shot by the way. when i lived in Ohio near Alliance, we used to shoot lots of groundhogs every year with all kinds of weapons.

Tony
    2010 Hoyt Carbon Matrix, 2005 Hoyt Ultratec.

it doesnt offend me because it's a groundhog hope you kill all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Target Tony View Post
    as long as you shot it legally, with a broadhead and tried to ethically hit the vitals, then i say your good to go. but if if you cant answer yes to all 3 of those questions, then you better get rid of it. the AT Ethics Police will be after you.

nice shot by the way. when i lived in Ohio near Alliance, we used to shoot lots of groundhogs every year with all kinds of weapons.

Tony
    you forgot to include no high fences or taken over bait!

HA!! That's a joke right?? I LOVE your avatar........kindred spirits....as you see by mine.

We are coming to Crawford County in November, I was looking earlier today to see how close your shop was. I would love to have my Admiral "super tuned" by the great Baldy.

Have a great day!
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Stealth Stabilizer, CE Mayhem Arrows
    HHA sight, QAD Pro series rest, Grim Reaper Broadheads

God is good .....all the time.

Dead Groundhog= Funny, sorry.
    Bowtech Destroyer 350- 29in/73 lbs
    QAD Pro, Doinker D2, Hoggitt 5-.019/.010

Octane Bantam Weight
    Maxima Blue Streak Select/85 NAP Spitfire

Here's one my buddy shot, the one I hit was a pass thru and it fell back down the hole

Attachment 890726
    09 PSE Supershort, 60lb 28" DL,Spothogg hunter 5 pin,PSE Phantom dropaway,Doinker stabilizer,Fletcher .44 caliper release,Radial X weave hunter STL's

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?"

This is the BOWHUNTING forum.

I'm down with it.

However, I would be VERY offended if you were PC!
    OK, so my comment didn't add any significant wisdom to this discussion. But it DID up my post count, and pretty soon I will be regarded as a wise, experienced expert based on that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric W View Post
    This is the BOWHUNTING forum.

I'm down with it.

However, I would be VERY offended if you were PC!
    After reading these great response I think I'll be keeping it... and the pictures are awesome. I think most of us agree then. Nothin more fun than a dead groundhog.

Quote Originally Posted by bess227 View Post
    HA!! That's a joke right?? I LOVE your avatar........kindred spirits....as you see by mine.

We are coming to Crawford County in November, I was looking earlier today to see how close your shop was. I would love to have my Admiral "super tuned" by the great Baldy.

Have a great day!
    I'll check into the travel time. I'm honestly not sure how far Youngstown is from Crawford county but I'd love to set your bow up and tune it right. Also, Yours is now my favorite avatar...nice shooting. Bet that whistle pig never saw it coming LOL
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by baldyhunter View Post
    Anyone here take offense to my avatar?? I haven't heard any complaints but plan on more visibility on this sight and should consider being more PC.... I really enjoy my dead groundhog though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bnbfishin View Post
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Robb771 View Post
    Here's one my buddy shot, the one I hit was a pass thru and it fell back down the hole

Attachment 890726
    No pass through??What gives...10yrds here..

See the entry an exit..Hit him head on..Nice stalk i must say??

[/COLOR]

[/B]
    I live by my own rules (reviewed, revised, and approved by my wife).. but still my own-

I'm offended, all the other pics of groundhogs here has the hunting story to go with it.... yours doesn't.

I never bothered to take pics of my hog kills, but I do have a few.
    '07 Bowtech Commander 75lbs, Octane, QAD-HD, Apex Atomic
    '12 Elite Pure 65lbs, SS1, QAD-HDX, CBE Tek-Hybrid

After reading these great response I think I'll be keeping it... and the pictures are awesome. I think most of us agree then. Nothin more fun than a dead groundhog.
    your good man. most people here blast ground hogs and otehr small game. its fun as hell. im a squirrel hunting fan myself. hope to shot one with the recurve tomarrow
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak

[QUOTE=Ohio Mossy Oak;1058707378][B]No pass through??What gives...10yrds here..

See the entry an exit..Hit him head on..Nice stalk i must say??

You stalked him to 10 yrds... wow.
    He must have been deaf and blind. LOL
    '07 Bowtech Commander 75lbs, Octane, QAD-HD, Apex Atomic
    '12 Elite Pure 65lbs, SS1, QAD-HDX, CBE Tek-Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Bnbfishin View Post
    &
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb771 View Post

Attachment 890726
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
    I'm offended, all the other pics of groundhogs here has the hunting story to go with it.... yours doesn't.
    I was in the house..an have a habit of lookin out the back door when i walk by it..I saw him feeding at the edge my field.I said what the heck..(primal took over lol)..I grabbed the bow an a muzzy tipped arrow an headed out the FRONT door.it worked out where he was behind a tree.That i could use as cover while covering the 50yrds to him.I got to about 10 yrds(maybe 8) in Blue basketball shorts an a T shirt an dropped to 1 knee..he was feeding when he dropped his head in the weeds. I drew back..An after he popped up i set the pin..He dropped down to feed once more..AN when he popped up..That was it..Sad to say 1st an only bow kill To date
    I live by my own rules (reviewed, revised, and approved by my wife).. but still my own-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast