Thread: Aftermarket Mathews parts

Aftermarket Mathews parts

I can't seem to part with my Mathews Legacy. After 7 years the bow still shoots like the day I got it. 1000's of shots and the only thing I've replaced has been the cable (knock on wood). I was wondering if any Mathews owners out there have ever bought new parts for an older bow? Also how long does a limb last? I've notice a minuscule amount of speed lost. Have my limbs lost power or did my string stretch?

That is what Im looking for. New limbs for a Legacy and a new cam to extend my draw half an inch to 29.5. If I switch cams will my string and cable length change? I would like to buy the limbs directly from Mathews. Any one been here?

I doubt Mathews would have limbs that old and there really are no "aftermarket" manufacturers out there.

Start watching the classifieds for a spare set of limbs and cam.

If you change a cam, you will not have to change strings and cables. The cam you need is a SL3B.5R for 29.5" draw.

String stretch will actually add speed but not a lot.

One thing.... If those strings are 7 years old, CHANGE THEM!!!
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

Mathews still makes limbs for their older models. You can order them from any Mathews dealer.

You can also get a new cam for it. It will not change your string/cable lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by quercus View Post
    I can't seem to part with my Mathews Legacy. After 7 years the bow still shoots like the day I got it. 1000's of shots and the only thing I've replaced has been the cable (knock on wood). I was wondering if any Mathews owners out there have ever bought new parts for an older bow? Also how long does a limb last? I've notice a minuscule amount of speed lost. Have my limbs lost power or did my string stretch?

That is what Im looking for. New limbs for a Legacy and a new cam to extend my draw half an inch to 29.5. If I switch cams will my string and cable length change? I would like to buy the limbs directly from Mathews. Any one been here?
    If you arent changing the poundage on the limbs, I would suggest you find a cam and get a new set of strings have someone put them on that knows what they are doing , they should be able to set the bow up to what it was when new. I would bet you can get a set of limbs for the bow, a friend of mine just got some new limbs from Mathews, cost $150.00, you must go through a Mathews dealer to get these, unless you can find a used set here on AT.
    CREED PSE DNA HHA QAD rests CARTER Roost Raiders winners of the 2009 Turkey contest
    Life Endowment Member NRA 32nd Degree Mason
    Tom Takers Winners of the 2011 AT Turkey Contest,

Priced new limbs for a Legacy I have, and my dealer said $ 175.00.

Emailed a place about making me a set, Barnesdale I think, after somebody on here told me to and he said $ 150.00 plus shipping.

hmm this thread brings up an interesting question. Do limbs loose their strength over time? and if they do would that not be a warrenty item? Mathews has a lifetime warrenty to the original owner
    2010 MATHEWS Z7 / 70# 28.5"
    TRUGLO - MICROBRITE DOVETAIL 5PIN .10
    VICTORY VFORCE 350 AND A 100GR RAGE CHISEL TIP WARHEAD
    TEAM#5 HARDWOODS HEART STOPPERS

Quote Originally Posted by Quikhonda View Post
    hmm this thread brings up an interesting question. Do limbs loose their strength over time? and if they do would that not be a warrenty item? Mathews has a lifetime warrenty to the original owner
    Yes, buy not much. Not that would be noticeable. My thought is that his limbs have backed out a bit and just need to be reset.
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

Quote Originally Posted by quercus View Post

Parts are still available from Mathews--------But they will NOT sell directly to you---you have to go through a Mathews dealer. If you change draw lengths the string and cable remain the same. Second when you changed the cable you should have also changed the string----always do them at the same time-----keeps everything stretching the same and the same age. When deciding to change do not ever go off of looks. Age can get them as well as wear and cuts. I always suggest go no more than 3 or 4 years on a set-------I don't care how much it is shot-------it's an age factor.
    Have a good day and a better hunt