a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Comfortable Steel Toes Boot/shoes?

Most Comfortable Steel Toes Boot/shoes?

For those of you that are on your feet all day long in a steel toe shoe/boot what do you find to be the most comfortable? I currently have redwing but I'd like to try more of a shoe type at work? My weekend shoes are merrell and Keens I'd like to find something that would compare comfort wise while at work!

i only have experience with Caterpillar steel toe boots.i'm on my 2nd pair [which is over 6 years old].

I also wear Caterpillar steel toes. I have tried many over there years and those are the best I have found that also last a long time. A few years back I wore Timberland steel toe shoes. They were comfortable but didn't last very long.

I worked 37 years in a fairly harsh environment (stone quarry/asphalt plant....recently retired ) and the best, most comfortable boot I found was a Redwing.....
    On their website they have a bunch of shoe type steel toes....including slip ons.....
    http://www.redwingshoes.com/ProductR...=Oxford/Chukka
    Elite Energy 32
    HHA....QAD HDX
    Bee Stinger
    Easton Axis....Grim Reaper
    Ville Deer Contest Team 1....

redwing or carolinas

I'm on my 2nd pair of Royer boots. Smaller company from Quebec, but most comfortable boots out of the box I've tried (more then Cat and Wolverine). All composite shank and toe ( I can walk through airport security with them on) high quality leather, good tough durable sole, aggressive tread and lots of ankle support. The first pair I had I still wear around the house and when I'm doing odd jobs but like most boots they're starting to lose the ankle support so I replaced them. That pair was worn around drilling rigs and heavy equipment(think diesel, brake fluid and hydraulic oil spills), limestone and granite quarries, (think jagged rocks, anfo & other explosives, not to mention limestone eats leather) and construction sites (anything else you can throw at them).

To the guy who still wears the same boots after 6 years, you've got a recipe for a broken ankle with those boots. I'm sure they're comfortable as all get out but if worn on a regular work basis, most boots only keep their ankle support for a year tops. I've seen too many guys roll their ankles wearing 8" work boots because they didn't want to have to break in a new pair. Just a thought.
    2010 Elite Judge 62#, 30"DL
    "You know you can shoot people here. You don't have to throw wrenches."
    "All drillers are proficient in at least 2 languages. English...and Profanity"

I'm not a fan of Rocky by any means....but they make some VERY comfy boots. I've had the low ankle boots and the 8" versions and they were both comfy and hard to get rid of. The only problem is that they don't last very long. I make cake in a factory and you would think they would last a long time......but with the water and ingredients (sugar, salt) they wear quick.
    I've also worn timberland and like said above, very comfy but they weren't worth the money considering they were torn up and unwearable in 6 months in a mild environment.
    I also have a pair of Georgia Boots at work and wearing them is comparable to walking on bricks. Needless to say, they sit in my locker after being worn for a week. I've never had foot pains from any other boot, but the Georgia Boot had me down for the count. From my toes all the way up my calf.

Get some custom made boots. They are designed for your feet and are completly rebuildable. Initial cost is high but worth it imo.
    Check out Nicks custom boots they are the boots that the wildland firefighters use.
    I would rather wear my boots then my tennis shoes.
    Operator of "The cutest little archery shop in Wyoming"

Who knew this is where we would be the first time somebody stretched a string on a stick.

I really like my 10" Wolverine Ingham Durashoks... I switch between office and field (PCC Pavement/HMA Plants/Stockpile yards) so I just wear the steel toes every day. No complaints here at all.
    '07 Switchback XT
    '08 Truth II
    www.Starrflight.com FOB MOB

To the guy who still wears the same boots after 6 years, you've got a recipe for a broken ankle with those boots. I'm sure they're comfortable as all get out but if worn on a regular work basis, most boots only keep their ankle support for a year tops. I've seen too many guys roll their ankles wearing 8" work boots because they didn't want to have to break in a new pair. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

i never gave a thought to ankle support.thanks for pointing that out.
    for future reference,how will i know when a boot's ankle support is shot? [this might sound like a dumb question,but this really is new to me].

What I do is just look at the boots when they are sitting on the floor, as if they were on your feet. Does the top seem like it lacks stiffness or flops over to one side? The other thing I do is when you're wearing them tied up, roll my ankles side to side and see how much stiffness/give there is in the boot. Its mostly a judgement call on your part, if you think that they are still going to work for you keep wearing them, but my guideline is if I think I would stand a chance of rolling my ankle over with the boots I get a new pair.

I wear the Cabelas Saw steelies with the reinforced heel and toe. They are goretex (a must for me) and they are very comfortable. I also have liked the Dr. Martens steel toes. Both are comfortable, but the docs didn't have goretex.
    Happy the man and happy he alone; he who can call today his own; he who secure within can say, "tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today."--John Dryden
    "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."--Thomas Jefferson

I wore steel toes for 15 yrs red wings, cats, wolverines , cheapos, etc and the most comfortable ones I ever had on my feet were Doc Martins, They dont last forever 1-1.5 yrs because the leather was super soft , Well worth the $$ if your pounding concrete all day long

thanks for the tip icedemon

I wear a pair of Redwing Oxford shoes that have a sort of square toe that are pretty comfortable but I will be looking for something a little lighter next time with a sole that has a little more grip on wet surfaces.

Danner! If you ever try on a pair of Danner Quarry's you will never want to wear anything else. They are heavy but are very comfortable and hold up to harsh conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo bull View Post
    Get some custom made boots. They are designed for your feet and are completly rebuildable. Initial cost is high but worth it imo.
    Check out Nicks custom boots they are the boots that the wildland firefighters use.
    I would rather wear my boots then my tennis shoes.
    I just bought a pair of Nicks custom fitted for my feet back in June and just got them broken in this month. I work on hard access drill rigs in Washington state in every condition you can think of. From Standing in the same place for hours while drilling to dragging tooling up and down hillsides they are the most comfortable. To mention I have owned everything from Georgia's, Danners, to Redwing. As for durability I see no reason why these uppers shouldn't last at least 10 years, as opposed to my other boots that I might have gotten 2 years out of. I also got the composite toe in this boot and hopefully they will not be as cold as my steel toes in past years. Now when I get off of work and put on what used to be my comfortable pair of tennis shoes, my feet tell me to put my boots back on. I would have not believed anyone if they told me 7 years ago that a pair of work boots would be this comfortable. Now I'm wishing some one would have, it would have saved some money in the long run.

I wear steel toes everyday. Timberline Titans are by far the most comfortable shoe/boot I have ever owned. No break in period what so ever with these boots.

I wear them working at home as well and only take them off at bed time. I bought another pair to keep nicer looking for work. (I work mostly in the office but steel toes are requried in the shop) The other pair I keep for everyday/home use.

This summer when I wore shorts and tennis shoes, my feet and back would start to hurt so I would go put on my steel toes.

They are seriously that comfortable.
    The Deer Hunter does not notice the mountains

I've had many brands over the last ten years (our company gives us a 100 dollar credit to get a new pair every year) Redwings were the best I ever had. Plus, I wore them for about four years.
    Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

I wear wolverine with a good foot insert in them. Work all day on concrete in a chemical plant and replace about every 6 months. The company gives us $100 toward boots once a year so I just buy the other pair out of pocket. No big deal to me to have my feet like me at the end of the day.

as a steel beam walker im a redwing guy never let me down.now that im doing aerospace tig welding i sit on my butt and still a redwing all day had these boots for 12 yrs and retread 5 times i cant give em up!

Thorogood boots are the lightest most comfortable boots I have found in 20 years of wearing them.
    Have a question, send an Administrator or a Moderator a Private Message.

rocky, i spend alot of time in then on uneven, rocky terrain (railroad yard), i get the gortex, 6" boot. they last great, fit great, last well.
    mathews z7, 28dl/65#, tox 3 pin, wb, easton axis, montecs

I have to add, comfortable boots are great, but to get comfort and support for your knees and back if you're on your feet all day a pair of custom orthotics are a god send. I used to get achy knees and sore lower back (and this was when I was 19-20) but I've worn a pair of orthotic inserts in my boots, gym shoes, hunting boots since and the difference is huge.

uber comfortable at the expense of longevity (you'll only get 10 to 12 months a pair), Redback Boots.

Also Mack boots, there ok but the slippery laces suck, as do the 'tightenors'. Don't use them and even double knots will undo, use them and it takes 5 mins to get em on / off..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast