a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Trail Cam Ghost with pictures

Trail Cam Ghost with pictures

What can you do to keep your trail camera from taking pictures of ghosts? I have the Moultrie d40's and this is my first shot at using one. 100 shots per day of nothing.
    Any help is appreciated.

I have the same camera and it seemed to me that if I had it facing the direction of the sun, it took "ghost" pics. I faced it away from the sun and no more "ghost pics". It's heat that sets it off, so It just makes sense.

Knock down any tall grass, small branches or weeds in front of the camera that will blow around and trigger it.
    Try to avoid places that will get a lot of contrast between sun and shade. Look for open field edges or heavy timber where little sunlight gets through the canopy.
    Don't put a trailcam by a cemetery.

Quote Originally Posted by JC-XT View Post
    Knock down any tall grass, small branches or weeds in front of the camera that will blow around and trigger it.
    Try to avoid places that will get a lot of contrast between sun and shade. Look for open field edges or heavy timber where little sunlight gets through the canopy.
    Don't put a trailcam by a cemetery.
    That's crucial....
    Steve

"It's a Navy Seal type bow. It works by pulling it back and shooting it."

First you have to find a flowing creek where there's a reverse flow for at least six feet. Get as
    many chicken leg bones as you can & drop them in the end of that reverse flow. If a bone makes
    it all the way to the end of the reverse flow, that's your magic chicken bone. Then shake that
    chicken bone in the area your seeing ghost & then set it by you camera. Problem solved.

Learned that one in the Bayou!
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

If you don't like that approach lower the sensitivity. Should help also.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyetterp View Post
    If you don't like that approach lower the sensitivity. Should help also.
    I really like your last suggestion best.
    Thanks

First you have to find a flowing creek where there's a reverse flow for at least six feet. Get as
    many chicken leg bones as you can & drop them in the end of that reverse flow. If a bone makes
    it all the way to the end of the reverse flow, that's your magic chicken bone. Then shake that
    chicken bone in the area your seeing ghost & then set it by you camera. Problem solved.

That's the gospel! I did this and haven't had a blank pic in 2yrs!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy4218 View Post
    I have the same camera and it seemed to me that if I had it facing the direction of the sun, it took "ghost" pics. I faced it away from the sun and no more "ghost pics". It's heat that sets it off, so It just makes sense.
    That may be the problem-too much sun. There is not any grass or limbs moving in the wind. It appears that it does not matter if the wind is blowing or not, so it must be the heat of the sun.
    Thanks

Thanks alot- I just spit soda all over my keyboard!

could also be shutter speed, many trail cams have 3.0 to 4.5 trigger speed and the deer has walked past the camera when it takes the picture. Try setting your camera over feed for best results, if on deer trail try to place the camera shooting along the trail and not across the trail that wa y the deer will be in the camera path/view longer.

The haunted forest!!!!

I tried the chicken bones but the coyotes got them. I will change the camera position next.
    Thanks