a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Jennings Devastator

Bear Jennings Devastator

Does anyone know exactly what nocks I can use for my old Bear Jennings Devastator? This bow is awesome and I am down to my last couple of original nocks.

You will have to bulk up the center serving to make it thicker then you can actually use a PSE crossbow nock-----done it several times for customers. But if you really want the proper solution----buy a new crossbow LOL>
    Have a good day and a better hunt

We still have nocks for the Devastator where I work.

bear jennings devastater

Search again
    EASTON Crossbow Bolts 22" 2219 JEN DZ See details
    EASTON Crossbow Bolts 22" 2219 JEN DZ
    SKU: 10006056
    These high quality 22" bolts are built with JENNINGS NOCKS. Can be used with most trackless launcher type crossbows. Comes with straight 3-fletch.

XX75 Team Realtree Shaft

Dozen pack.

JENNINGS DEVASTATOR can shoot these bolts you can find them at dale hollow outdoors total for one dozen arrows are 53

Really intersting posts as Bear/Jennings(Jennings has not be in business or made for a couple years now) hasn't made these nocks in several years now and they cannot even be ordered from them.

The nocks were'nt easy to find but we still fix 1 or 2 of these X bows a year so we ordered 100 last year and have about 50 or so nocks left.

Devastator!!!!!! They named it correctly thats for sure. I dont know why but this thing hits like a ton of bricks and our has been very accurate. We have had this thing for years!

hi i bought one of this cross bows and was out shooting it and the cables broke and the string is about to snap so if any one has any extras or now were you can get some please give me a call at 406-370-7459 that would be great

Have one of these crossbows given to me by my uncle but no bolts w/ it. Where do I buy some? How long are the original bolts? What size? Any and all help will be appreciated.

Info, please.

Quote Originally Posted by krazycurt View Post
    The nocks were'nt easy to find but we still fix 1 or 2 of these X bows a year so we ordered 100 last year and have about 50ow or so nocks left.
    What's the difference between regular nocks found on arrows and the Jennings nocks? How much are the Jennings nocks?

Jennings nocks

The nocks were'nt easy to find but we still fix 1 or 2 of these X bows a year so we ordered 100 last year and have about 50 or so nocks left.
    My brother is wondering if you have any of these nocks left for a Devastator Crossbow? He needs the Jennings #7006 nocks. It was our dads bow and he passed away. But we need correct bolts and can't find any nocks. Please let me know if there are any available, how many and price so I can let him know. Also, how to get a hold of whoever has them to order them. We are in Nebraska. Thanks,

Dave Z

That xbow used the half moon nock.

That was my first try at a crossbow. They should have named it "El Cabong!" They do not take half moon nocks, as there is no track. They originally took heavy duty regular bow nocks. As Dale said, PSE Tac stuff should work. Also Firenock is supposed to be making nocks for the trackless bows.
    <')))><

Quote Originally Posted by fletched View Post
    That xbow used the half moon nock.
    Sorry your wrong. If you try to use a moon nock on that bow your in for serious injury!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bow has NO arrow rail. The nocks for that bow are NO LONGER made. But if you rework the thickness of the serving on the string, PSE makes a similar nock------but you must rework the thickness of the serving.

That cross bow uses the Firenock D nock. Tac 15 uses the same nock that bow does. Can you believe that? Below is a picture of Firenock D. The serving is 0.165" which is exactly that and tac 15, Tac15i uses. Barnet, Horton, Parker is 0.150" and Scorpyd is 0.135" (Firenock Q is for 0.135" Scorpyd)

Dorge O Huang dorgeh@firenock.com • Office: (815) 780-1695 • Fax: (309) 356-5007
    Operating Manager of Firenock LLC, The Most Advanced Lighted Nock® Company • URL: http://www.firenock.com • Web Store: http://shop.firenock.com
    Maker of Firenock®, Aerovane®, Aerovane Jig, iBowSight™, AeroRest™, APS (Arrow Preparation System), AeroPoint™ with FACT(Firenock Arrow Concentric Technology), AeroInsert™, AeroOutsert™, AeroBolt™, AeroBushing™, Aero Concept Target System, and Hydro® systems.

do you still have any 7006 nocks

We still have nocks for the Devastator where I work.
    Would like to purchase..what is price. Please reply

Quote Originally Posted by lja8701 View Post
    Would like to purchase..what is price. Please reply
    You do realize this post is 2 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by prostreetcamaro View Post
    Devastator!!!!!! They named it correctly thats for sure. I dont know why but this thing hits like a ton of bricks and our has been very accurate. We have had this thing for years!

Killed my first buck with a bow with one of them. Put it up for sale that day and went to compound hunting. It certainly did hit like a ton of bricks.
    2010 Destroyer 28" @71lb 370gr Easton Flatline-312fps, LimbDriver Pro, Sword Twilight Hunter, Alpine Quiver, Carter Simple1 and my own Strings.
    2005 Mathews Switchback 70lb LimbDriver Pro, Toxonics Micro 5 pin, Doinker Dish, and my own Strings
    2012 70lb Black Ops Insanity CPX

Quote Originally Posted by Ohbowhunter815 View Post
    Killed my first buck with a bow with one of them. Put it up for sale that day and went to compound hunting. It certainly did hit like a ton of bricks.
    Yeah, at both ends. That all metal, hollow stock was quite a sound chamber.
    <')))><

Hello. I'm looking at one cheap. Without the rail. What Keeps the arrow straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Krealitygroup View Post
    Hello. I'm looking at one cheap. Without the rail. What Keeps the arrow straight.
    Unless you can pick it up for $25 or less pass it up. There are no parts available for that bow, Nocks are getting harder to find, the rests are impossible to find.
    But to answer your question the arrow rest and the nock on the arrow do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_B1 View Post
    Unless you can pick it up for $25 or less pass it up. There are no parts available for that bow, Nocks are getting harder to find, the rests are impossible to find.
    But to answer your question the arrow rest and the nock on the arrow do it.
    Thanks for the heads up. Oh boy.. I spent too much. 175. But I could not find a crossbow that wasnt the cheaper plastic ones for that price. I did connect with a guy in Auburn IL that still has parts, nocks and arrows for it. I'll stock up on those while available.

What type of groups have u seen with 'em

The devastator was a great bow back in the day like 20 plus years ago! I worked in a shop back then and i lost count of how many sets of cables and strings i put on those old things! and man were they loud!!

Quote Originally Posted by postman99 View Post
    The devastator was a great bow back in the day like 20 plus years ago! I worked in a shop back then and i lost count of how many sets of cables and strings i put on those old things! and man were they loud!!
    Do u know how I could quiet one?

Quote Originally Posted by Krealitygroup View Post
    Do u know how I could quiet one?
    Maybe add some limbsavers to the limbs that might quiet it about 15% if your lucky. That's about all you can do, it is what it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast