Thread: Looking for info on old Hoyt Bow

Looking for info on old Hoyt Bow

My friends dad wants me to get his old bow all tuned up and ready to shoot again after not shooting in about 15 years.

I can't seem to find any info on the bow and I have no idea what year it is.

It is a Hoyt Heat.

I am guessing it must be early 90's model.

I emailed Hoyt about this earlier this week, but I still haven't gotten an answer so I thought I would try here.

Anyone know anything about the Hoyt Heat bow? Specs?

Thanks,

Josh
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    Limb Driver Rests
    Goldtip Arrows

Need to see some pics. The logos on the limbs named the limb type, not the bow model. You might have a Pro Vantage Heat, a Super Slam Heat, etc.

As far as I can recall, the Heat limbs were short, non-laminated limbs at the lowest price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Need to see some pics. The logos on the limbs named the limb type, not the bow model. You might have a Pro Vantage Heat, a Super Slam Heat, etc.

As far as I can recall, the Heat limbs were short, non-laminated limbs at the lowest price point.
    Weren't the heat the glass limbs and the Fast Flight the laminated limbs?
    2009 Katera XL
    She's a shooter

Sometimes you have to email tham again. and check your junk folder. when they emailed me back it went to my junk folder because it had an attachment
    Bear Carnage @ 62# !!!!!!!!!!! Mathews Switchback @65#
    Viper pro 2000 W 4x lens, fUSE WB.Tree Limb 3 arrow quiver.All on both bows
    , Victory HV V3
    If speed Kills then there is a deer that's in trouble.

Here are pics of the bow.

Any ideas????

2008 Hoyt Katera XL
    Trophy Ridge Sights
    Limb Driver Rests
    Goldtip Arrows

That's a "SuperStar" riser, introduced in 1994 to the best of my recollection. So you have a Superstar Heat. This would be one of the first machined risers Hoyt made - prior to that they were all cast risers.

From the pictures it appears to be set up with a too-short string, by about 1". The cams should be rotated so the peg that the string is attached to is right about at the front side of the limb. It's shootable the way it is, but you will lose draw length, peak weight and letoff so the bow's not as efficient as it could be.

I don't have the string/cable specs for it, sorry, and Hoyt's website only goes back to 1997. Have you tried phoning Hoyt? They've always been quick answering any technical questions for me. They might have the information back that far.

If not, you will simply have to do some experimenting. If you can't do the work yourself, take it to a shop that is experienced with stringmaking and they should be able to figure everything out.

COuld someone can show me photos of a Hoyt Pro Vantage HEAT bow please ?

Daniel
    Email Address : SolidSnake1973@hotmail.com

SS, I got your E-Mail; I don't believe Hoyt ever marketed the PV with "Heat" limbs, but they did with "Impulse" limbs. Both were straight 16" solid glass. Hope this helps

Not sure if your question was ever answered. But i got a Hoyt Heat in my shop today, specs on this model is a 50-60# String is 54.5 and cable 38.5 with a draw length of 28. Hope that helps.

As Stash said, it is a Superstar with the control cams, they also came with the command cams which were a little faster. Great shooting bows, I had one with command cams with a 4inch overdraw, oops telling my age!

I have a '91 Superstar that same color, but mine has Supreme limbs (longer and laminated) with Master cams.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone