Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the lightest climbing tree stand available?

What's the lightest climbing tree stand available?

Hey guys!

Just wondering if ya'll had any suggestions on a light climbing tree stand? The one I have now is soo heavy that I have to take a break before climbing the tree!!!

I really like the Equalizer stands. But a self leveling stand isn't a necessity.

Thanks!

<>< ~ 1BowHuntnChick ~ ><>
    "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves,
    and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways,
    then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chron 7:14

go with Equalizer you can't go wrong. leveling out is important for many reasons besides having to stop or come down when you found the perfect postion on the tree. I think they might be on back order..Because they are popular I would think....
    Mrbirdog

Not sure what the lightests is but we have the Ol'Man aluminum climber it weighs 19lbs.
    The Original Bling Sling. www.hnsarchery.com
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

I would look at the Lone Wolf climbers. I have had mine for 8 years and love it, a very light stand.

Check out the Summit Open Shot. It weighs in at only 15 pounds.
    *PSE Matt Forest Green "Dominator Pro 3D Max" for Outdoor 3D. (AKA: BOOGER) *PSE Matt Forest Green "REVO" for hunting. (AKA: YOGURT) ...........................May Da Schwartz Be With You!!!

Lone Wolf Sit n Climb or the Lone Wolf Hand Climber.

I had a Sit n Climb and it was the best climber I've ever used. Quiet, Lite, Easy to set up, Easy to climb with, and Comfortable.
    They might be pricey but they are worth every penny.

There's nothing close to the timbertall baby lite 12.5 lbs use one and youl sell that lone wolf the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUKSHOT View Post
    Check out the Summit Open Shot. It weighs in at only 15 pounds.
    I've got an open shot I'll sell ya cheap...You won't ever catch me in it again. I hated that stand.
    "Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

timbertall baby lite... like 12 pounds...

Don't forget to look at Treewalker!

Lone Wolf,
    Rock solid, Quiet, Comfortable, and it packs flat easy to walk thru cover to and from your stand

R

Look at the treewalker. I think it's 15lbs. The lone wolf packs great but the seat is a torture chamber. The open shot is pretty light but I got to 10' in mine and climbed back down and sold it. Did feel safe at all. I still have an older loggy lite. I think it's 11lbs. Descent little stand.
    $55 8190 String & Cable Set Sale http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2242766
    $100 Gift Card Monthly Giveaway http://www.60xcustomstrings.com/giveaway/
    Save 10% at www.60XCustomStrings.com with promo code AT10
    Ebay Store http://stores.ebay.com/60XCustomStrings
    Credit Cards 724-525-3972 Paypal info@60XCustomStrings.com

lone wolf sit and climb (but you need to do the KVL mod special to it) makes it the best climber ever
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

Summit open shot "newer" model with flip up seat. I own two and have many hunting hours in one.
    "Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"
    cartersarchery.com Home of the Zen Master Bow Guru

I went to a show a couple weeks ago and there was a booth set up for X-Stand X1. Its under 11 pounds but didnt look all that safe to me. They had a demo but I didnt try it out.

Don't get a 12lb x-stand or stand -x. Whatever it is called. Worst climber i ever tried and it wasn't hunting.
    DXT- 27.5

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” St. Thomas Aquinas

net seat mod

lightens the stand up some, its easier to climb with (net seat slides right outta the way)

I dont use the "sit and climb bar" i have a modified form to climb with it, i grab right next to the "teeth" with my hands and put my forearms and elbows on the seat bars, this allows me to climb with large "steps" up a tree

O and it packs VERY FLAT with this mod
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

LocOn treestands have one thats 7.75lbs and another thats 8lbs

treewalker lightweight and lots of room.check out there dimensions.
    http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/

I have used the baby light Timber Tall climber 4 5 years now and it is the lightest out there. This stand grips the tree and is comfortable for all day hunts. I wanted the lightest I could find cause I hunt public land and like to go as far away from everyone as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    treewalker lightweight and lots of room.check out there dimensions.
    http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/
    These are very nice. Not super light or very "packable", but super solid for an all day sit.

Quote Originally Posted by cannedham1 View Post
    I have used the baby light Timber Tall climber 4 5 years now and it is the lightest out there. This stand grips the tree and is comfortable for all day hunts. I wanted the lightest I could find cause I hunt public land and like to go as far away from everyone as possible.
    Biggest piece of crap climbing stand every manufactured. Dangerous!!!!!
    "Bones Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"
    cartersarchery.com Home of the Zen Master Bow Guru

The treewalker and ol'man, are the most comfortable. They both have ones under 20 lbs. Who cares about it being super light, if you can't hunt in it all day long. The lone wolf ones are scary to be in all day. They also cut off circulation to the legs. My hunters view climber might weigh 27 lbs, but I can sit in it all day. Find one that folds flat, is relatively light, and is comfortable enough for an all day sit.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

I just bought a Lone Wolf Hand Climber. I do not think I could hunt in it all day, but then again, I never have hunted all day with out coming down. It's lite (14 lbs), and packs down.
    I laugh every time treestands get brought up on here. You have so many mixed opinions on each stand. Good luck with whichever you choose.
    Chris
    07 Diamond Black Ice
    Vapor Trails Strings
    Apex Nitrus Sight with Carbon Express Maxima Hunter tipped with a Slick Trick Mag
    Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Tribute2007 View Post
    Lone Wolf Sit n Climb or the Lone Wolf Hand Climber.

I had a Sit n Climb and it was the best climber I've ever used. Quiet, Lite, Easy to set up, Easy to climb with, and Comfortable.
    They might be pricey but they are worth every penny.
    Yep, what he said.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtVL View Post
    net seat mod

lightens the stand up some, its easier to climb with (net seat slides right outta the way)

I dont use the "sit and climb bar" i have a modified form to climb with it, i grab right next to the "teeth" with my hands and put my forearms and elbows on the seat bars, this allows me to climb with large "steps" up a tree

O and it packs VERY FLAT with this mod
    This is the ticket right here. I also have the mesh seat on my Sit and Climb. I kept my bar on because I attached a quiver mount to it for my arrows. Also, I'm disabled so I now put the bar around me as a little extra insurance. I just tightned it up so it's not as easy to move. I strongly recommend the mest seat though for a Sit and Climb.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast