Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: victory VAP arrow review

victory VAP arrow review

well i just got a dozen of these bad boys and i am hear to tell ya, they PENETRATE. i mean these things are bad arss. shooting out of my destroyer, they shot bullet holes from the first shot, granted i do have a well tuned bow but man o man do these things fly good. i just sent to my local archery shop which has an indoor range of 30 yards. these arrows are 29.75 inches long, v3 series, 125 grain head with blazers and wraps and weigh in at 415 grains even. our local shop has the big 4 foot x 4 foot foam blocks. i blew threw the block and stuck into phonebook on the back side on the first shot. said to my self maybe i hit a well used part of the foam. shot the second, blew threw, went inbetween the phonebooks and stuck 1 inch into plywood that is behind the phonebooks. wow is all i can say with these and i am greatly impressed by them.

has anyone else shot these yet? they are freaking awesome. wanting to hear what others think about them.

I want to try them , thanks for the review

I have been wanting to give these a try and your review just makes me want them more!

Quote Originally Posted by inline6power View Post
    well i just got a dozen of these bad boys and i am hear to tell ya, they PENETRATE. i mean these things are bad arss. shooting out of my destroyer, they shot bullet holes from the first shot, granted i do have a well tuned bow but man o man do these things fly good. i just sent to my local archery shop which has an indoor range of 30 yards. these arrows are 29.75 inches long, v3 series, 125 grain head with blazers and wraps and weigh in at 415 grains even. our local shop has the big 4 foot x 4 foot foam blocks. i blew threw the block and stuck into phonebook on the back side on the first shot. said to my self maybe i hit a well used part of the foam. shot the second, blew threw, went inbetween the phonebooks and stuck 1 inch into plywood that is behind the phonebooks. wow is all i can say with these and i am greatly impressed by them.
    Have you shot these with fixed blade broadheads yet? Just wondering because you are way under spined with that Destroyer set up. I have one my self but have been hesitant on ordering because they don't make a 300 spine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    Have you shot these with fixed blade broadheads yet? Just wondering because you are way under spined with that Destroyer set up. I have one my self but have been hesitant on ordering because they don't make a 300 spine yet.
    i used to shoot the v force hv 350s with slick tricks and they flew same as field tips. just took 6 shots with these new arrows into my rineheard with slick trick mags, DEAD with my field points. yes i know they are a little undersplined but talked with victory about this and they assured me they are good for up to 75lbs of draw weight even at my length. i know the hv shot bullet holes and they do just as good or better. i mean they are solid. you can really feel how stiff they actually are when you have them in your hands. they look built very very well. after shooting these, i dont think i will ever shoot another arrow with this setup. no fish tail, no nothing. staight as can be and the penetration is no joke. its the real deal.

I am looking in to these. deff. wanna try them

target penetration means little, the adapter on the end is making a hole larger than the shaft in the target so it penetrates very well in foam.imho it means litle if nothing on animals.the broadhead cuts flesh,blood lubricates and the arrow shaft it self has little resistance going through.

I don't agree. A shoulder hit in solid bone I would put this arrow in front of any other that has the same weight and head period

These arrows are not new to the market they just changed the name. I have a dozen of the orignal Nanos and they are awesome. I am not hunting with them just target. These arrows do penetrate well, with the glue in points they will be deeper in the target than my Lite Speeds at the same weight.
    Elite Energy 35
    Elite GT500
    SouthernShooters.com

I didn't notice they were the same as the nanos. The new inserts are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberone View Post
    These arrows are not new to the market they just changed the name. I have a dozen of the orignal Nanos and they are awesome. I am not hunting with them just target. These arrows do penetrate well, with the glue in points they will be deeper in the target than my Lite Speeds at the same weight.
    Yes, I totally agree with you they penetrate very well. I bought some of the original nano force and fell in love with how accurate they are for 3-D. I put the glue in points in them and noticed they penetrated a lot more than the average arrows that I have shot and I am only shooting 50lbs with them.

I think that the FOC would be extremely high with the adaptor and a 125 grain head. This would help with the penetration as well. 125 + 43= 168 grains up front.
    Sling what ya bring........

Quote Originally Posted by ka30270 View Post
    I think that the FOC would be extremely high with the adaptor and a 125 grain head. This would help with the penetration as well.
    I will measure in just a bit but you are 100% right

i bought a dozen and get them fletched with 4in feathers and about 28 1/2 weighing at a light 366gr but i am going to see what they will do on deer with a meatseeker leading the way
    mine 2010 exceed 300 white/vista 70lbs gt expo/xt hunter surloc ss -\LD micro elite--
    wife 2009 accomplice 32 black/vista 50lbs sureloc LWQC2 LD micro elite gt kinetic xt
    daughter Diamond Atomic silver/black xxx, rug rats, razorback arrows

what quiver are you using man they don't fit in the one i have now
    mine 2010 exceed 300 white/vista 70lbs gt expo/xt hunter surloc ss -\LD micro elite--
    wife 2009 accomplice 32 black/vista 50lbs sureloc LWQC2 LD micro elite gt kinetic xt

I don't agree. A shoulder hit in solid bone I would put this arrow in front of any other that has the same weight and head period
    the broadhead has to make it through first.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrkyman View Post
    the broadhead has to make it through first.
    Agreed good thing I don't shoot rage lol

Quote Originally Posted by team-A&S View Post
    what quiver are you using man they don't fit in the one i have now
    Octane 2 piece with magnetic hood

Does anyone make a lighted nock for these?

after watching the video of them on youtube they are certainly looking to be in my quiver sometime in the near future.
    myarcheryclub.com

Great news I have a dozen on the way! Can't wait.
    2015 PSE Decree (on order soon) HHA Optimizer, Gold Tip Hunters, Grim Reaper Fatal Steel, Axion Stab, Axion Pulse rest , Ridgerunner Sling

i am shooting them out of my katera,,, my block target has never had a point extend out the back with the same bow and axis arrows,, the vap's were sticking through about 8-10 inches, with the axis right beside them not doing it,,, i shot 1 with an 15 head,, and it went farther than the field tips,, i dont see anything but heavy bone stopping these things!!!
    they fly superb, with 4" feathers

sweet go to hear people are loving theirs. now i can play with broadhead's want to try my meatseekers and a big steelforce head. hope they fly good at long range with broadheads

Octane 2 piece with magnetic hood
    well that stinks they a expensive quiver to put on your pack lol!!!! and i really didn't like it that much to boot. so i guess i get to spend more money lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast