Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Deer Hunters Moon Guide works for me

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,518

    Deer Hunters Moon Guide works for me

    Been using this guide for years after two friends with deer herds explained to me this guide is right on from observing there deer with it. Both are excellant hunters and kill some dandys.


    I never miss a chance to hunt. But when taking days off. I want the know the best days. Great guide and one of the cheapest things I buy ever year. Friend of mine was planning to go to Kansas next month and I showed him how to pick the days most favorable. Honestly it one of my best tools for hunting.
    Link



    http://moonguide.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chillicothe Ohio
    Posts
    5,127
    I agree.
    2013 New Breed Eclipse
    New Breed archery "No Hype, Just Hunt"

  3. #3
    Have never used one mostly because I dont believe in them, would rather hunt weather patterns.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    White Lake, MI/Ft Richardson Alaska
    Posts
    1,847
    ive never used but always wanted to thanks for posting DB your having a good year man keep it up

  5. #5
    there is a moon guide app for the iphone i wonder if it's charts are the same.
    Eating tasty animals since 1966

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,518
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner77 View Post
    there is a moon guide app for the iphone i wonder if it's charts are the same.
    Some of my buddies tell me there other that match. I like the conveniance of carring this one in my truck. I get alot of advice from buddies who raise deer all there life. This is one of the best tips I ever got and have proven how well it works to members of my lease.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,518
    Quote Originally Posted by pballs View Post
    Have never used one mostly because I dont believe in them, would rather hunt weather patterns.
    I agree weather diffiantly can change the effects of deer movement as well. But good weather and good moon is prime hunting and I usually see lots of deer movement.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  8. #8
    The only problem with the moon guide is that it doesn't account for your geographic location. It's only dialed in for a single latitude. It can be adjusted for longitude, but not latitude. A handheld dial can't do that because the sun rises and sets at different times depending on your latitude. And the relationship between sunrise/sunset and moon transits is the key to the hunting habitats.

    I use HuntByMoon.com. Same results (times, hunting habitats, etc.), but it accounts for your geographic location. And way easier to read too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    28,600
    I have one for 2012 really doubt if most are using it correctly. DB are you recalculating the time suggested on the moon Guide? This is done by adding and subtracting minutes from one of the meridians for the time zone you hunt in. I am doing a trail camera moon guide survey on another hunting site. Anyone want to help me out?
    If it looks like crap, smells like crap, tastes like crap, lies like crap; it’s more than likely a politician from Illinois.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    I have one for 2012 really doubt if most are using it correctly. DB are you recalculating the time suggested on the moon Guide? This is done by adding and subtracting minutes from one of the meridians for the time zone you hunt in. I am doing a trail camera moon guide survey on another hunting site. Anyone want to help me out?
    Yes sir. I do subtract the longitude and latitude. A days on that guide seem to be good if weather not blowing 30mph
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mountain home ,ar
    Posts
    351
    dont waste your money

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Keystone Heights, Florida
    Posts
    10,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Been using this guide for years after two friends with deer herds explained to me this guide is right on from observing there deer with it. Both are excellant hunters and kill some dandys.


    I never miss a chance to hunt. But when taking days off. I want the know the best days. Great guide and one of the cheapest things I buy ever year. Friend of mine was planning to go to Kansas next month and I showed him how to pick the days most favorable. Honestly it one of my best tools for hunting.
    Link

    http://moonguide.com/
    DB is that from Jeff Murrays research. I have read a few of his books over the years and they are great tools.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Everywhere Your Not
    Posts
    1,575
    Ive never used one but probably will invest in one for this fall. I knew Jeff Murray the guy who invented it etc he died a few years back of Leukemia, he was the first person to take me to the ATA show in Indy one year was quite the talker and was always nice to me.
    A riser,two limbs a string, and a fist full of cheap arrows. "To find me you have to be smart, To catch me you have to be Fast, To be me you must be Kidding"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Keystone Heights, Florida
    Posts
    10,332
    Quote Originally Posted by CamSpeed View Post
    Ive never used one but probably will invest in one for this fall. I knew Jeff Murray the guy who invented it etc he died a few years back of Leukemia, he was the first person to take me to the ATA show in Indy one year was quite the talker and was always nice to me.
    Thanks for the info brother. Jeff Murray was a great writer I really like his methods and have learned a thing or two from him over the years. I knew he had died a few years back.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

  15. #15
    Free version ....seems to provide the same information.


    Been in my links for years

    http://www.usprimetimes.com/zip.html

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Posts
    2,228
    Moon talk has always interested me
    NRA Life Member

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disney
    Posts
    6,378
    Being a 'keeper' of such data a can say moon phases are the real deal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mathews Z7 - classic
    Hoyt Vector 32 - Bone Collector
    Hoyt Spyder 30

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,518
    Quote Originally Posted by snoman4 View Post
    DB is that from Jeff Murrays research. I have read a few of his books over the years and they are great tools.
    Yes it is. Books very interested. By buddys who owned deer herds will tell from years of watching there herds the books works.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Muskogee,Ok.
    Posts
    73,518
    Quote Originally Posted by djandy View Post
    dont waste your money
    Worked well for me for years. Several of the better hunters here use it. Hunt ever chance you get but if your taking vacation time use the moon guide for best days to hunt. Im queesing you take all your vacation on a full moon.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •